It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin - Dead people in hell. As I get older I like this guy more and more.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I would rather remember George Carlin in some of his many more penetrating discourse on such things as the state of the union or politicians...anything in our real world rather than this chatter. He was getting old, the iron-edge is gone, totally here, in this piece. You can sense it in the audience reaction to his jokes. Long live George Carlin in YouTube clips!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I grew up listening to George. I knew almost of all his shows by heart. This was before youtube and you had to look for them on file sharing programs like Kazaa and Napster. He spoke the truth.

R.I.P my good man.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

George Carlin is a funny man but a hardcore atheist with his own vision of what death is.

I would be willing to bet that after George's death he is freaking out. Why? because his spirit did not die.

Way too many who have died (NDE) OR had visions OR dreams of the afterlife for there NOT to be one. Mass world hypnotism that there is a life after death......impossible.

All races including all faiths and beliefs ..... millions throughout time have experienced the afterlife and because George has decided to rest on his own logic is why he is in hell........looking up and waving......

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think I'm one of very few people that don't like Carlin. I think he makes good points, but I just don't find him at all funny.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I think I'm one of very few people that don't like Carlin. I think he makes good points, but I just don't find him at all funny.

I rarely laugh a lot when I listen to him, more embarrassed chuckles than belly roaring laughter.

He is more of a social commentator than a comedian in my mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

He never prayed to God, instead he prayed to John Travolta or someone similar.

George Carlin was a living legend, lived a decent life, suffered from depression but not seen a comedian as cleaver and close to the truth as this guy

BTW the guy he prayed to was Joe Peschi becasue he is the type of character that gets sh1t done!
- i think that's how you spell his surname.

RIP George -people love you. loved his religion rants also.
edit on 16-3-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

He was the Mark Twain of our times.

It's a shame he had to go.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

His delivery was absolutely perfect. But i get how some might not like him

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Carlin spoke to me, made me a lot of what I am, since the early 70's. People connected with him because he was honest. Crude maybe but honest. He got a little crusty after Linda died but came back. Coming up on 8 years without George.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Carlin spoke to me, made me a lot of what I am, since the early 70's. People connected with him because he was honest. Crude maybe but honest. He got a little crusty after Linda died but came back. Coming up on 8 years without George.

One of the last great social commentators and we will never see the likes again in my opinion.

Sneaking this in as your a supermod and will let it pass I hope.

EDIT: Very naughty language but in a clever way alert.

edit on 20/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Put a "Graphic language" tag. Should be OK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join