It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's illegal to use a legal name. Odd billboards appearing in UK with cryptic message.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This popped up on my local news feed here in Swindon in the south of the UK.

Apparently a strange and cryptic billboard has appeared with the message.

LEGAL NAME FRAUD

THE TRUTH

I'ts illegal to use a legal name.

from the news source.

The group, Legal Name Fraud, believe that it’s illegal to use a legal name, given at birth, and a legal name is Crown Copyrighted property.

I know, we’re confused too…

You can find out more on their website: www.legalnamefraud.com.

The owners of the billboard space, Primesight, were unavailable for comment. And, we were unable to find any contact information for Legal Name Fraud.

This looks to me like a continuation of the old "free man on the land" thing but those guys never had the organisation and funding to put up billboards al over the country?

I am going to have a look more in depth as they have got my curiosity going but thought I would ask if anyone else had come across this group and the billboards?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

This rubbish again?

How many times do people have to be told it's rubbish?

Its all just a scam to get your personal details such as ni number (ss number if your in the states), name, address etc.

Try looking at the amount people who have been scammed by precisely this.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

This rubbish again?

How many times do people have to be told it's rubbish?

Its all just a scam to get your personal details such as ni number (ss number if your in the states), name, address etc.

Try looking at the amount people who have been scammed by precisely this.

I was not buying into it, simply interested in what it was all about.

As I said it sounded like a freeman thing but with funds for advertising.

Any chance of a few links on the matter?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Here's a good place to start. LINK

Quoting part of it here...

"There have been many well-publicized convictions of citizens attempting to take advantage of this theory. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) regards the instructors and promoters of Redemption schemes as fraudsters[4] while the Internal Revenue Service has included the "straw man" claim in its list of frivolous positions that may result in the imposition of a $5,000 penalty[5] when used as the basis for an inaccurate tax return.[6]"

ETA It really is more about identity theft than anything else. Also, stock markets don't work with notes (part of what the whole thing is based on).
edit on 1532016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Here's a good place to start. LINK

Quoting part of it here...

"There have been many well-publicized convictions of citizens attempting to take advantage of this theory. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) regards the instructors and promoters of Redemption schemes as fraudsters[4] while the Internal Revenue Service has included the "straw man" claim in its list of frivolous positions that may result in the imposition of a $5,000 penalty[5] when used as the basis for an inaccurate tax return.[6]"

So it's a scam made up using the whole Jordan maxwell/freeman of the land/your birth certificate is a stock certificate thing then?

Cheers fore clearing that up I will contact the paper and see if the council can have it removed.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yeah. It's been going on for years. There's different companies and also individuals who do it.

I don't know if the council will do anything as its a paid billboard. I'm not sure how our law stands on it to be honest.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yeah. It's been going on for years. There's different companies and also individuals who do it.

I don't know if the council will do anything as its a paid billboard. I'm not sure how our law stands on it to be honest.

I was aware of the whole freeman thing but not that it had been turned into a scam.

Understandable given the gullibility of anyone who buys into that kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
This looks to me like a continuation of the old "free man on the land" thing but those guys never had the organisation and funding to put up billboards al over the country?

Lol, it's the same rubbish, just remastered.
As far as funding though they could just have put a couple up in the Swindon area for a month, only a couple of hundred quid depending on the location.

I've got an associate who is well into the silliness, doesn't stop him ever getting nicked, convicted and/or bailiffs round when he refuses to pay bills etc. He's a muppet and I imagine the people who paid for the billboard are muppets as well.
Amusing though

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Even the "free men on the land" is rediculous.

Its just another way to try and circumvent the law. Obviously it's failed over and over again.

But the whole "your birth certificate/name is worth X" started with them.

Here another WIKI about them. (I know it's another wiki, but they really do go into a lot of depth of free men on the land)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Even the "free men on the land" is rediculous.

Its just another way to try and circumvent the law. Obviously it's failed over and over again.

But the whole "your birth certificate/name is worth X" started with them.

Here another WIKI about them. (I know it's another wiki, but they really do go into a lot of depth of free men on the land)

I know quite a bit myself as was rather interested in the whole idea when it first surfaced.

It was a little disappointing to discover that it is a load of old tosh and nearly all those involved are not looking to be "Free men" but simply looking to escape the debts they have accrued or avoid prison/fines for their actions.

Very sad indeed.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I was first given the rough outline of this over thirty years ago. I was told travellers without birth certificates were not subject to the same restrictions as the rest of us. It sounded mad to me then, but over time I saw it was true.

Using convoluted argument to avoid paying your dues is just silly.

Breaking speed limits or other traffic regulations shows arrogant disregard for those working to keep our roads safe. Attempting to use the legal name fraud as an excuse for ignoring traffic regulations is dangerously deluded behaviour.

There's a reason some people say, "Don't call me mister!". Mister is the title of a legal fiction. The same people may refuse to sign anything. No signed contract means they go free while you pay if you sign. Work out from that the power of the legal fiction 'name'.

I don't think the 'names' belong to the Crown Corporation. I think they traded them to private financiers as security for loans of fiat currency subject to interest, mathematically un-payable under the current system and therefore resulting in ever-increasing perception of national debt. The debt is payable by creation of government issued fiat currency handed back to the private financiers. Which is when they hit the self-destruct button. Tricky, this one is.

legalnamefraud.com...

. . . We have set up this website called LegalNameFraud.com...

and it currently has a psychology focus, being about how to help others move over from using the name to being free with no legal name
You don't need to stop using the name and you won't be free without it. If anything your existence may be more restricted by the requirements of life.

Acknowledging the status of the 'name' is denying ignorance.

The website seems a bit nuts.
edit on 15 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 15 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is complete pants.

If people really think that this rubbish stands up in court, or avoids due legal process, then they are misled.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

But it's true many travellers get away with stuff that others get fined for precisely because of this.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: paraphi

But it's true many travellers get away with stuff that others get fined for precisely because of this.

Only because the cops and local authority can't be arsed with them, and just hope they move to the next county soon with little fuss or expense lol.
Various family groups stop for a week or two in my parts every year and usually leave before the council has to waste money on any legal fees...it seems to be a reasonable arrangement to me.

...parked in my front yard or blocking my street then I would have an issue.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

If the system worked against them they'd get dealt with same as the rest of us, it isn't just moving on that helps them.

In the case of the stolen horse trailer near here it was just the fact they were travellers that caused the police to say they couldn't do anything, even though the stolen trailer was in plain sight. They hadn't moved on anywhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Where are they asking for my personal information?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

There is no scam here at all. Jeez, you are easily bluffed into submission.

They were refered to as fraudsters because they were trying to evade taxes, not because they were part of an organisation that is trying to get your personal information like the other poster claimed.

edit on 15-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: grainofsand

If the system worked against them they'd get dealt with same as the rest of us, it isn't just moving on that helps them.

In the case of the stolen horse trailer near here it was just the fact they were travellers that caused the police to say they couldn't do anything, even though the stolen trailer was in plain sight. They hadn't moved on anywhere.

Yeah because they have no address, they are NFA no fixed abode.
Can you imagine if police lifted every traveller site in the UK?! There aren't enough cells!

They don't have a magic get out of jail card, they just have numbers, lots of them.
The police can't move a traveller site on in any case. It is a civil matter and the local authority are required to follow slow civil law process.
Long may that curious situation last I say, just in case I or any of us ever need to sleep in our van.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
a reply to: TerryDon79

Where are they asking for my personal information?

Simply do a search for "how much is my name worth" and you'll hit a ton of sites that will tell you if you give them your details.

I never said this specific site did it though.

The free men thing is just a way to circumvent the law and it doesn't work.

You have to sign for certain things. If you don't sign you don't get. If you use a fake name and ID then that's fraud.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
This popped up on my local news feed here in Swindon in the south of the UK.

Apparently a strange and cryptic billboard has appeared with the message.

LEGAL NAME FRAUD

THE TRUTH

I'ts illegal to use a legal name.

from the news source.

The group, Legal Name Fraud, believe that it’s illegal to use a legal name, given at birth, and a legal name is Crown Copyrighted property.

I know, we’re confused too…

You can find out more on their website: www.legalnamefraud.com.

The owners of the billboard space, Primesight, were unavailable for comment. And, we were unable to find any contact information for Legal Name Fraud.

I am going to have a look more in depth as they have got my curiosity going but thought I would ask if anyone else had come across this group and the billboards?

To find out more about this concept read kate of gaia or www.loosethename.com Link

The legal name is your name in capitals. It was created when you were born via your birth certificate. The legal name is copyrighted by the Crown Corporation and is owned by them. if you give your legal name via your driver license, you care committing the crime of copyright in infringement. The police officer who demands that you give you name, legal name, the officer is guilty of aiding and abetting the same crime.

A bloke appeared in court in the UK recently and he was asked to state his name so he said "before I can answer that I need you to tell me if I can use the legal name? The magistrate refused to answer and eventually walked out of court.

All that was required of the magistrate was a plain and simple yes or no answer but they refused to answer at all, why?????? If a magistrate refuses to answer the question then obviously they don't want to say "no" and they don't want this information leaking out do they??

Without a legal name to bind you in contract with the court they can do nothing, they are stuck.

When you give your name in court the magistrate or judge assumes your are giving your legal name or strawman name, now they have you in contract with them. When they ask you "do understand," you think they are asking you if you comprehend but this is where a little deceit comes in. They are asking you if you "Stand Under" the jurisdiction of the court so when you say 'yes' they've got you by the short and curelys.

Research it people.

edit on 16-3-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join