It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Simple Question Makes Pro Choice Activists visibly uncomfortable

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Thankfully, I think we're reaching a time where humans aren't contolled by 'maybes' and 'mights'.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Thankfully, I think we're reaching a time where humans aren't contolled by 'maybes' and 'mights'.

Thankfully, I think you're dead wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I believe a child can live after about 22 weeks or so. As far as I am concerned, anything after that is outright murder.

With that said, I've generally been pro choice. I don't believe women should be forced to carry pregnancies to term in cases of rape, incest, medical risks, and severe handicaps.

However, here is the reality. Those examples above are just a small percentage of abortions.

Most abortions are a result of people being careless and irresponsible - having unprotected sex and oopsie, a little leakage and the chick gets pregnant. Just own up to it. And please don't come back with some accidents happen, condoms break, etc and all that other BS. With the amount of free and cheap birth control available, there is absolutely no excuse for accidental pregnancies. It is practically statistically impossible when birth control is consistently used. And no, I don't believe government should pay for your jimmy hats and pills.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here's what I see...I see abortion as a quick fix to a problem we're not adequately addressing.

Abortions happen because rape...so maybe we want to address rape.
Abortions happen because drug abuse...so maybe we want to address drug abuse.
Abortions happen because irresponsibility...maybe we want to address that.
etc. etc.

Abortion is just a band-aid for the real problem that no one wants to talk about.

Am I pro choice or pro life? I'll put it like this, I'm pro civilization. If humans could act in a civilized manner and respect each other as individuals then we'd be in a lot better place right about now. Instead...we're here...in the 21st [snip snip snip] century and still can't seem to get our !@#$ together....it's a shame.

A2D
edit on 15-3-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

if i had no kidneys, knocked you out, attached my blood stream to yours for a dialysis type system, are you not allowed to say i dont get to live off your body? am i allowed to use your body to live?

even if a fetus was a person, one person does not get special rights to live off another person because its a fetus. you are granting special rights to a fetus that aren't granted to regular adults.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

The question:

So if a pregnant woman is murdered, does one or two people die in your opinion?

There needs to be a compromise made.

We need to make a new category

So the charges will go like this:

-Murder

-Murder of a pregnant women

-Two accounts of murder

Consider the criminal also murdering the "potential for life,'' and the fact she was pregnant will come into play during the trial and charges.

Is eating a pie finished out the oven the same as eating one half cooked?

Jesus, that was a really really bad analogy.

edit on 15-3-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: KingKelson
At what point should it be illegal for a woman to get an abortion, if you (in general) think it should be illegal at all?

At what point?

At the point where republicans start to support birth control, expand sex education, increase funding for women's health clinics, support programs that financially assist single mothers, support paid maternity leave, and stop slut shaming.

Uhhhh , you did know that all those have been in place in the US for many, many years , yes? I would hope you do.
And why blame it on Republicans . The Dems owned Congress for 8 years.
More of the same old tired weak inane Anti- Republican rhetoric

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And why blame it on Republicans . The Dems owned Congress for 8 years. More of the same old tired weak inane Anti- Republican rhetoric

I can't recall the last time Congress took up the subject of abortion, except for congressional Republicans trying to shut down Planned Parenthood. Most of the attacks on women and their reproductive rights come from the states and their Republican governors.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Likewise, one person does not get special rights to neglect the consequences of their actions. I don't think a woman that willingly has unprotected sex and consequently gets pregnant should be allowed to have an abortion....she needs to own up to her mistakes...just like anyone else.

A2D

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Your reply has no direct relevance with my reply to the original poster.

edit on 5201631050320165 by Gothmog because: correct

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: KingKelson
Not sure about when an abortion should be legal but the one time it should not be allowed is if it is being used as birth control.

I don't know why people say this. Honestly, what would be the difference between using birth control to effectively trick your body into not allowing an egg to attach itself and fertilize, etc.; and having a doctor sweep your uterus once a month, taking any maybe fertilized eggs with it? It's still an "abortion", yet would still be birth control. Women's bodies do this spontaneously and often.

I doubt there are a large group of willing women who allow their fetuses to come to any sort of stage and then opt for an abortion, over and over again "like birth control". And if they did, what's the difference between that and one abortion? Essentially nothing.

You honestly cannot figure out why people would say this?
Some people regard a fertilized egg as a person.
You honestly cannot figure out the difference between an abortion and a pill that doesn't allow ovulation?
smh.
I knew a lady who had 3 abortions because she did not use any sort of birth control besides that. Stress on "knew".

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: KingKelson
Not sure about when an abortion should be legal but the one time it should not be allowed is if it is being used as birth control.

I'm confused with what you mean by saying that you aren't sure when abortion should be legal then say that it shouldn't be allowed as a means of birth control. So what is the difference between legality and "not allowed"?

I mean I'm not an expert on fetuses. I don't know anything about them. I am not a woman. I should have zero say on when and if an abortion should be legal.
My post was directly about women that get one time and again because they either can't afford the kids, don't want the burden of kids, or were too stupid to use any sort of birth control.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I don't think a woman that willingly has unprotected sex and consequently gets pregnant should be allowed to have an abortion....she needs to own up to her mistakes...just like anyone else.

So, you think having a baby should be her punishment? How is having an abortion NOT owning up to one's mistakes? Is there only one way, in your mind, to take responsibility?

For many, abortion IS the responsible choice.

edit on 15-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Your reply has no direct relevance with my reply to the original poster.

I disagree.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: vjr1113

Likewise, one person does not get special rights to neglect the consequences of their actions. I don't think a woman that willingly has unprotected sex and consequently gets pregnant should be allowed to have an abortion....she needs to own up to her mistakes...just like anyone else.

A2D

so if i hook up my blood stream to my mother because i have no kidneys, is she allowed to say no?

you are forcing one person to give their body to another person. we dont even do that to dead people without their consent. it doesnt matter how one person came into existence, the bottom line is you cant make someone give up their body to someone else. no one has a right to live at the expense of someone else's body. a woman has complete right to choose not to be pregnant. my mother has a right to not give her kidneys to me. this is about an individual's rights and granting someone else special rights no one else gets because they are their host's family.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
And that is your right to exercise . Please reread both posts .
And mine to say:
Thank you for playin the game , but you are all outta tokens /

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Thank you for playin the game , but you are all outta tokens /

If you think that Republicans, as a party, are not attacking women's rights and fighting against birth control, sex ed and access to safe and affordable abortions, then you're the one "out of tokens", bro.

REPUBLICAN PLATFORM

Faithful to the “self-evident” truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.

Simply put, the Republican Party seeks to chip away the rights of, and take the control of women's uteri away from the very women who own them, placing a potential human being's rights above the rights of an actual autonomous human being.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Generally , as a rule, when I add that statement as a reply I do not go back . But ,evidently it needs clarification.
You did know Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with Federal or State ran programs , right ? ( I hope , maybe)They fund it somewhat and make sure they follow all government rules and regulations due to this.
You did reread the posts about creating and expanding government programs , right?
You do realize that those programs already exist ? , correct ?
Now , go over what you have been posting with those questions in mind.

As this is becoming off-topic I will take my leave. But if you wish to open a thread on Planned Parenthood I give you my word I will join in.

edit on 6201631060320166 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I love this "pro choice" nonsense. Apparently, fathers don't have a choice? Or women aren't women.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No. "Responsible" would be, keeping your knees together. That's a good "choice". And? Just saying, No!
edit on 15-3-2016 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join