It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Simple Question Makes Pro Choice Activists visibly uncomfortable

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No abortions except for rape or medical complications.

There's how many ways to prevent pregnancy in our day and age??

I'll never understand any reason for killing an innocent child.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm pro-choice. The choice is: pay a couple hundred bucks now for somebody to have an abortion, or pay all kinds of taxes for 80 years to support another unwanted human being their entire life.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: jimmyx
"52nd trimester" ??...that's 13 years...."national 21 months" ??....that's almost 2 years....to answer your question, it's up to the mother....let me ask you.....what sort of internal surgery would you like, where other people decide if you get it or not, without your permission????
it's the woman's body, she decides....not a mythical god, not a bible, and not another person.

Except it's not just her. There is also the baby to consider.

At what point do you think a baby becomes a being we ought to consider in this equation?

if it's not born, it's not a baby yet....it's still a fetus, it's lungs are filled with liquid, and it's the mother's blood that supplies oxygen, food, water, along with the attached umbilical cord that also safely removes waste products from the fetus..... it's not a separate person.....why is this so hard to understand?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are over 7billion people. And think about it in a collective evolutionary way, a handicapped child will always have a harder life and not all the opportunities you would want it to have.
Adoption always leaves a scar. We already have more than enough psychopaths, don't you think?
I know this sounds horribly harsh, but if you get a child that has no opportunity to be part of the elite, you give birth to misery.
I would only get a child under the best possible circumstances, stable environment, both parents caring for it and enough money to support the development of its talents.
Everything else is selfish, animal like and short sighted.
But than again I am someone who would support euthanasia for everyone with an IQ below 120.
For the greater good, the planet and to avoid the devolution into mindless, ape like consumers.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
No abortions except for rape or medical complications.

There's how many ways to prevent pregnancy in our day and age??

I'll never understand any reason for killing an innocent child.

the reason you can't understand, is that you think the fetus is the same as a born child.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

How many ways are there to prevent it? I think outside of a vasectomy there is nothing that is 100%.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

that's NOT a good way to think

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

No, no you don't get it at all.

Any time tax dollars pay for what goes with your reproductive system, the government is involved in your vagina. You let it have access.

It is not like birth control is expensive, condoms are not expensive, and saying "No" is the cheapest thing of all no matter how much it cuts into your sensation.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

"52nd trimester" ??...that's 13 years...."national 21 months" ??....that's almost 2 years....to answer your question, it's up to the mother....let me ask you.....what sort of internal surgery would you like, where other people decide if you get it or not, without your permission????
it's the woman's body, she decides....not a mythical god, not a bible, and not another person.

At what point do you think a baby becomes a being we ought to consider in this equation?

if it's not born, it's not a baby yet....it's still a fetus, it's lungs are filled with liquid, and it's the mother's blood that supplies oxygen, food, water, along with the attached umbilical cord that also safely removes waste products from the fetus..... it's not a separate person.....why is this so hard to understand?

So you think something magical happens that makes it a human being somewhere in the birth canal, kind of like finding one under a cabbage leaf or the stork dropping it on your head?

edit on 15-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

For an European this is a somewhat strange discussion: we have discussed this to death here in the 1960/1970s and the overwhelming consensus was - and still is - that unwanted pregnancies should be avoided. Hence anti-conception should be freely available and abortions should be legal and accepted by society. They are part of proper medical care.

edit on 15-3-2016 by ForteanOrg because: he stills makes typos..

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

NO, YOU don't get it, lol

AS a woman, I can choose to have birth control, etc.
When the govt becomes involved in my choices, (ex. abortion), then I do not get a choice anymore, see?

Do you get it now?

geesh

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't want to make you sad. Don't worry I don't procreate.

link   

You would euthanize 95% of the worlds population based on a flawed intelligence test? At what point?

I tested very high on an iq test when I was 12, but truthfully, I'm no genius. So do I get to coast on the backs of whoever left that actually is a genius? How stable would everyone left be after their family members were euthanized?

Your opinion is yours, but that's a grand and flawed plan.

link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: KingKelson
At what point should it be illegal for a woman to get an abortion, if you (in general) think it should be illegal at all?

At what point?

At the point where republicans start to support birth control, expand sex education, increase funding for women's health clinics, support programs that financially assist single mothers, support paid maternity leave, and stop slut shaming.

And yet, all those things have been done and we still don't see a drop in the rate of abortion. Stop blaming Republicans for everything wrong in your world.

You could kill all Republicans tomorrow, then you could kill all the Christiand, and people would still have a lot of abortions.

No, most of those things have not been tried to any reasonable extent and yes, what we have done with those things so far has reduced abortion rates.

Here is why those things reduce abortion more than criminilazation. The author backs up her sources: Why abotion has decreased

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

yes its strange to Americans as well for we have already discussed this but its coming up again and again and its insane!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It's not a plan. Just me being pissed off by idiots. And I don't think it would be 95%, more likely 75%, or less.
Just a dream...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: KingKelson
At what point should it be illegal for a woman to get an abortion, if you (in general) think it should be illegal at all?

At what point?

At the point where republicans start to support birth control, expand sex education, increase funding for women's health clinics, support programs that financially assist single mothers, support paid maternity leave, and stop slut shaming.

And yet, all those things have been done and we still don't see a drop in the rate of abortion. Stop blaming Republicans for everything wrong in your world.

You could kill all Republicans tomorrow, then you could kill all the Christiand, and people would still have a lot of abortions.

You should research before you post. Abortion at lowest rate since 1973. That was February 2014.

Republicans have recently voted for the most asinine things in history that will cause more people to become pregnant and more to seek abortions done by the untrained in dangerous conditions.
edit on 15-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I get being pissed off. I don't think your iq has anything to do with being an idiot, though.

Might be a good premise for a debate thread, if you could withstand the negative comments members would direct towards you.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Sounds like a fun idea for the weekend! Thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So you think something magical happens that makes it a human being somewhere in the birth canal, kind of like finding one under a cabbage leaf or the stork dropping it on your head?

no, it's called birth....."under a cabbage" or "being carried by a stork" means that the fetus has been separated from the mother, that makes it human

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join