It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump polling over 50% nationally...the ceiling is broken

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Indigo5

Not even 20% of general election voters make it out to primaries. I thought about looking at those numbers also but meh...

Looking at general election voters it gets much..much worse for Trump.

Really? You might be surprised.

Not really...the same factor that make Trump Appealing to some Americans is the same factor that severly hobbles him in a general election. He appeals to authoritarianism.

I don't think one label even begins to describe what is going on.

You may well find that those that are mobilised to vote in a general election are indeed persuaded by Trump. It's dangerous to think everyone who will vote for Trump is voting for Trump already. Also a long way to go. Hillary is going to get crucified and laid bare in the debates. Marital affairs, rapes, Benghazi, emails, drug running, money laundering, murder, more flip flops than you see on a sunny summer day on the beach.. its ALL going to come out.
edit on 16/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

And this is exactly why a lot of people are saying that Hillary wont hold up well against Trump's nasty attacks. Hillary has some truly delicious sores for Trump to dig into. Hillary will face a whirlwind of nasty attacks from Trump and they'll all be true.

Trump is a master at attacking people on a personal level, and he sees Hillary as a smorgasbord of open wounds to attack.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

And this is exactly why a lot of people are saying that Hillary wont hold up well against Trump's nasty attacks. Hillary has some truly delicious sores for Trump to dig into. Hillary will face a whirlwind of nasty attacks from Trump and they'll all be true.

Whether they are true or not almost doesn't matter - every single allegation and scandal will be revealed to a huge worldwide audience and dragged through the media every single day for months.
edit on 16/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Dragged through the mud is more like it

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Dragged through the mud is more like it

This may well be the REAL reason that the GOP are trying to stop Trump by any means necessary. The same people controlling them want Hillary.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Inquisitiveaustralian

You sum it up JUST fine...GO and drink yourself a "Snake Venom " and keep talking.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Trump is gaining more supporters every single day, the establishment controllers are losing their influence over the herds as we speak. A lot of disgruntled Bernie supporters could end up supporting him too once Hillary steals the nomination. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Yes, this is another wildcard people are not considering. Sanders supporters hate Hillary. They HATE her. I could very well see a large majority of Sanders voters joining the Trump train.

The Sanders and Trump movements are about change. Hillary is about the status quo. So if you hop off one "change bandwagon", naturally, you're going to look for something similar. In this case, that would be Trump.

Also, a lot of people I know have said that Trump is very much the lesser of the two evils between him and Hillary. That is another wildcard to take into consideration right there. Strange enough, a few of those people who said that are Sanders supporters.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Yeah and when you also take into consideration that those same Bernie supporters that are watching Hillary's rigged super delegates silence their vote, are also watching the RINO establishment desperately trying to silence the Trump supporters, it's not hard to see that they very well could switch over to support him. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Come November 9th, conservative voters are going to wish they'd jumped on the bandwagon of somebody less divisive.

Oh come on! That would require honest retrospection of where they went wrong. There is no way any of that is happening. Count on them instead cooking up some bat#, insane conspiracy theory that the Democrats stole the election from them instead.

That they didn't nominate somebody more pro-Hate-Thy-Neighbor-Like-Supply-Side-Jesus-Commanded-Us
edit on 16-3-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Its about people not voting. Plenty on both sides will not vote for Trump if he gets the nomination or Clinton if she does. I guess it just depends on which side will lose the most votes.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I believe Donald Trump is showing the USA what happens when someone isn't controlled by politics, cannot be bought, and frankly, is just an American, what happens.

I know that is what you and others "believe" ..and that is precisely what Trump is selling< but it is not true.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Not even 20% of general election voters make it out to primaries. I thought about looking at those numbers also but meh...

Looking at general election voters it gets much..much worse for Trump.

Really? You might be surprised.

Not really...the same factor that make Trump Appealing to some Americans is the same factor that severly hobbles him in a general election. He appeals to authoritarianism.

I don't think one label even begins to describe what is going on.

No an appeal to authoritarianism describes it perfectly across age, education, religion and income.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Do you ever quote full replies and respond? Or do you just cherry pick quotes from people?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

lol, hardly

I know what a "low-information voter" is and it doesn't take much to understand that they are typically not liberal.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I believe Donald Trump is showing the USA what happens when someone isn't controlled by politics, cannot be bought, and frankly, is just an American, what happens. Dem's hate him, Repubs cannot control him and the Government wants to destroy him.

Right...a Vehicle for frustration against the status-qou and establishment. I get that.

But once you check that box, you have to ask if he would be a good or bad President.

Put another way...Hitler was an outsider, popular, people's candidate...He was insanely popular when he rose to power..

People supported him from an emotional place...not a thinking place..

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Do you ever quote full replies and respond? Or do you just cherry pick quotes from people?

T&C encourages staying on point and not quoting long posts where single posts grow to a couple of pages long.

I quote parts of posts that I would like to respond to. If you feel that context has been lost, by all means explain.

But what I quoted was the meat of your response and your first, separated, emphasized statement...at least how I read it?

I am not going to laundry list a response to every different statement you make in a post...that gets exhaustive for both you and me to respond to back and forth.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Put another way...Hitler was an outsider, popular, people's candidate...He was insanely popular when he rose to power..

I suppose that once he systematically murders a few million people you'll get a lot of apologies, but until that time, the rest of the people approaching this from a "thinking place" and not "emotional place" find the Hitler comparisons comically puerile.

This is the sort of feigned self-righteousness that has started to make me think about voting for him, and *I* personally think he's a giant pompous blowhard.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I suppose that once he systematically murders a few million people you'll get a lot of apologies, but until that time, the rest of the people approaching this from a "thinking place" and not "emotional place" find the Hitler comparisons comically puerile.

This is the sort of feigned self-righteousness that has started to make me think about voting for him, and *I* personally think he's a giant pompous blowhard.

Agreed. It's amusing to hear how Trump is inciting people and appealing to fear, then read his detractors proclaim he is Hitler and a neo-nazi. Of course they claim not to be appealing to fear. After all, his supporters put their hands in the air so he must be Hitler.

edit on 17/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Oh...It's an extreme example for sure for example purposes...Trump is no Hitler...though he is a derivative of the Authoritarian appeal...Mussolini and Putin fall under the same appeal and style...but both are brighter and more effective than Trump.

Authoritarians have even been Dems in the past, though the past 15 years they have been Republicans..

My point being...Choosing a candidate on "feelings" or because they are disliked or feared by the establishment should not be a principle cause to support that candidate..

If Lindsay Lohan or Mel Gibson ran on the same emotional platform...would you say...well the establishment hates them, so they must be great?

at what point do you actually vet the candidate on substance rather than what emotional rhetoric?
edit on 17-3-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join