It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come nobody is talking about Kasich? He is our best bet.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

He just did!! Yay!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Rubio seems to be a fairly reasonable candidate, but he can't get any traction, and then there are his gaffes.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

originally posted by: frostie

a reply to: veracity

His focus for gun control is to get the mentally ill registered, and makes sense. Most mass shootings are the result of a mentilly ill person, not the gun. As we all know. 

-Registering mentally ill is first priority in gun control. (Nov 2015) 
-2nd Amendment advocate: NRA rating changed from "F" to "A". (Aug 2015) 
-Keep existing restrictions, but tighten up on terrorist guns. (Nov 1996) 
-Cool off before making new gun laws after Littleton. (May 1999) 
-More parenting better than more gun laws. (May 1999) 
-Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999) 
Opposes restrictions on the right to bear arms. (Aug 2010

This is what I'm talking about. Kasich wants to register those who are deemed "mentally ill" to prevent them from getting guns. That is an unconstitutional infringement of the 2nd Amendment.

Who determines mental illness? A doctor? What if the doctor is wrong? Its happened before. Homosexuality was once considered mental illness.

The majority of mass shooters are mentally unstable.

So yeah, lets take guns from them.

Kinda like how we took guns from felons....

I understand why you hold that opinion, and the idea is good on paper, but the fact is that it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That means it goes contrary to our national legal code.

Doctors can be paid off. The Pharmaceutical industry does it all the time. So what if one day the gov't decides that all Donald Trump supporters are mentally ill? So what? Take their guns away? Have w learned nothing from the Dark Ages?

Kasich's idea is a backdoor to disarmament of political dissenters.

The fact is that what Kasich is proposing is ILLEGAL. That's the way it is. So he won't get my vote. And if you value your rights, you shouldn't vote for him either.

Apparently, you are a one issue voter, this will be the death of the USA.

I'm not a "one issue" voter. Its a matter of legality. What Kasich and pretty much all the other candidates want to do is complicate our problems with more laws that threaten our rights.

We don't need new legislation. We have a legal system that has practically been ignored for more than 40 years, and everyone acts like another election is going to fix the problem.

Another candidate with a "grand vision" will be the end of America.

We need to go BACK to the Constitution. The country needs to unite on that issue before we can fix anything. We don't have to vote for the retards running for office. If enough people wrote-in someone who respects the Constitution, we could actually make a change.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

As I said. About Kasick...I tend to agree with you...but Im trying to keep my opinion of who/what/why out of this point. Its just youll notice election after elections.

if they aint takin" about someone, or they arent getting equal airtime..theyre not gettin' in. TPTB see to that each time. Whether you and me are prob right or not.

And Kasicks not gettin' any time...so theres your answer.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I agree but now that Kasich has been projected as the winner of the Ohio primary, he will get much more media attention just like he should have been getting from the beginning!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

a reply to: veracity

His focus for gun control is to get the mentally ill registered, and makes sense. Most mass shootings are the result of a mentilly ill person, not the gun. As we all know. 

-Registering mentally ill is first priority in gun control. (Nov 2015) 
-2nd Amendment advocate: NRA rating changed from "F" to "A". (Aug 2015) 
-Keep existing restrictions, but tighten up on terrorist guns. (Nov 1996) 
-Cool off before making new gun laws after Littleton. (May 1999) 
-More parenting better than more gun laws. (May 1999) 
-Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999) 
Opposes restrictions on the right to bear arms. (Aug 2010

This is what I'm talking about. Kasich wants to register those who are deemed "mentally ill" to prevent them from getting guns. That is an unconstitutional infringement of the 2nd Amendment.

Who determines mental illness? A doctor? What if the doctor is wrong? Its happened before. Homosexuality was once considered mental illness.

The majority of mass shooters are mentally unstable.

So yeah, lets take guns from them.

Kinda like how we took guns from felons....

I understand why you hold that opinion, and the idea is good on paper, but the fact is that it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That means it goes contrary to our national legal code.

Doctors can be paid off. The Pharmaceutical industry does it all the time. So what if one day the gov't decides that all Donald Trump supporters are mentally ill? So what? Take their guns away? Have w learned nothing from the Dark Ages?

Kasich's idea is a backdoor to disarmament of political dissenters.

The fact is that what Kasich is proposing is ILLEGAL. That's the way it is. So he won't get my vote. And if you value your rights, you shouldn't vote for him either.

Apparently, you are a one issue voter, this will be the death of the USA.

I'm not a "one issue" voter. Its a matter of legality. What Kasich and pretty much all the other candidates want to do is complicate our problems with more laws that threaten our rights.

We don't need new legislation. We have a legal system that has practically been ignored for more than 40 years, and everyone acts like another election is going to fix the problem.

Another candidate with a "grand vision" will be the end of America.

We need to go BACK to the Constitution. The country needs to unite on that issue before we can fix anything. We don't have to vote for the retards running for office. If enough people wrote-in someone who respects the Constitution, we could actually make a change.

So you are good with women not being allowed to vote, and blacks only counting as 3/5'ths of a human being? Unfortunately that is what the constitution outlines.
edit on 3/15/2016 by BubbaJoe because: fix my spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Lets see , Voted FOR NAFTA , is For the TPP , is for Amnesty for Illegals , Never Created a Single Job for Americans in his Entire Political Career . I could go on , but you get the Point.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Kasich LOVES big government. He is an establishment Republican. He has promised amnesty in his first 100 days.

THAT's why no one talks about him ... except for Democrats.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is not what his record as governor of Ohio indicates. Kasich has reduced taxes and balanced the budget in Ohio while governor and has united opposing factions with a conservative approach. He hasn't behaved like a democrat at all. I think he should be our next president without a doubt, especially now that the only other choices are all totally unacceptable in Sanders, Clinton, Cruz, and, of course, the worst possible choice of them all, Trump!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe
To tell you the truth, I'm only good with the Bill of Rights. The rest of the Constitution is garbage to me, but it can be fixed via due process of law. The Constitution illegally replaced the Articles of Confederation (which simply needed tweeking), and it was forced upon dissenting states under the threat of civil war. If it weren't for the Anti-Federalists sitting in on the convention, we wouldn't even have a Bill of Rights in our Constitution.

So all we have between us and total tyranny is the Bill of Rights. We should hold on to it for as long as possible.

edit on 15-3-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Kasich LOVES big government. He is an establishment Republican. He has promised amnesty in his first 100 days.

THAT's why no one talks about him ... except for Democrats.

Wow, I think your God Reagan was one of the first to grant amnesty.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Now that he has been declared winner of the Ohio primary, a lot more people will surely be taking a closer look at Kasich, especially Hillary Clinton, whom he can beat if the Republicans get wise and nominate him!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

That is not what his record as governor of Ohio indicates. Kasich has reduced taxes and balanced the budget in Ohio while governor and has united opposing factions with a conservative approach. He hasn't behaved like a democrat at all. I think he should be our next president without a doubt, especially now that the only other choices are all totally unacceptable in Sanders, Clinton, Cruz, and, of course, the worst possible choice of them all, Trump!

He can't amnesty anyone as governor of Ohio I would point out.

But he was in on every major trade deal that has helped make Ohio part of the rust belt it is today.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Now that he has been declared winner of the Ohio primary, a lot more people will surely be taking a closer look at Kasich, especially Hillary Clinton, whom he can beat if the Republicans get wise and nominate him!

People have been looking at him. Anyone watching the debates has seen him waving his arms with karate chop action and telling us all about Ohio and his daddy the mailman as his answer to everything.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

To tell you the truth, I'm only good with the Bill of Rights. The rest of the Constitution is garbage to be, but it can be fixed via due process of law. The Constitution illegally replaced the Articles of Confederation (which simply needed tweeking), and it was forced upon dissenting states under the threat of civil war. If it weren't for the Anti-Federalists sitting in on the convention, we wouldn't even have a Bill of Rights in our Constitution.

So all we have between us and total tyranny is the Bill of Rights. We should hold on to it for as long as possible.

No according to your posts, the only thing we have between tryanny and us, is the the 2nd. While I have no problem with the second, I have a serious problem with folks that use the 2nd as an enhancement to their manhood. I live in an open carry state, and after 40 years of martial arts experience, think nothing about seeing someone open carry. I have had a gun pulled on me once, and he went to the hospital with serious facial injuries.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

People have been looking at him. Anyone watching the debates has seen him waving his arms with karate chop action and telling us all about Ohio and his daddy the mailman as his answer to everything.

Dont forget,

HE was there with Reagan!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Kasich does have a great deal of good solid experience and credentials, and ,yes, he was there with Reagan!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Dont forget,

HE was there with Reagan!

That should make him good with the conservative crowd. Hell Reagan couldn't be elected dog catcher with the current group of conservatives.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

To tell you the truth, I'm only good with the Bill of Rights. The rest of the Constitution is garbage to be, but it can be fixed via due process of law. The Constitution illegally replaced the Articles of Confederation (which simply needed tweeking), and it was forced upon dissenting states under the threat of civil war. If it weren't for the Anti-Federalists sitting in on the convention, we wouldn't even have a Bill of Rights in our Constitution.

No according to your posts, the only thing we have between tryanny and us, is the the 2nd. While I have no problem with the second, I have a serious problem with folks that use the 2nd as an enhancement to their manhood. I live in an open carry state, and after 40 years of martial arts experience, think nothing about seeing someone open carry. I have had a gun pulled on me once, and he went to the hospital with serious facial injuries.

What the hell are you talking about? This isn't a pissing contest. If you disarm a nation, you take away its ability to protect its rights.

I'm glad you know martial arts. I do too. Your cookie is in the mail.

Get a grip.
edit on 15-3-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: tyop

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I love the diversity of this site, I am speaking to people I hope I would never run into my real life, but I get to experience their spice.

You are one of the spices of this site

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join