It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come nobody is talking about Kasich? He is our best bet.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Ha...Soros just donated $200K to a Kasich Super Pack.

Now why would he do that? He's a strong Hillary supporter. He in fact has donated at least $8million to Hillary.

George Soros in December donated $6 million to the leading super PAC supporting Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, marking the return of the billionaire financier as among the biggest givers in all of American politics. The massive check brings to $8 million the Hungarian-born investor's total 2015 giving to pro-Clinton groups.

Read more: www.politico.com...

$200,000 to Kasich, maybe just something to thrown the hounds off?????

He's a pot stirrer for sure and a chaos creator. I wouldn't put much on his donation to Kasich.

Why would George Soros donate to Kasich? Figure it out for yourself.
Psycho Hedge Fund Giants Democrat George Soros and Republican Paul Singer want to support Kasich over Trump.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
a reply to: Metallicus

What does that even mean "shake things up"? You give the office way too much power. The only way to shake things up is through Congress. A "shakes things up" President would simply and quickly turn into "one term lame duck President."

I get the feeling your hinting at what would happen if "Mr. T" were to become president.

It go either way... Lame duck or New age POTUS like Ross Perot couldve been.

I can see where Metallica is coming from, but we need to be careful.

edit on 15-3-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I always thought he was the best bet for Republicans, or Jeb, but republican voters are so backwards that they freaked out over trump, I dunno, crazy I say, crazy

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Ha...Soros just donated $200K to a Kasich Super Pack.

Now why would he do that? He's a strong Hillary supporter. He in fact has donated at least $8million to Hillary.

George Soros in December donated $6 million to the leading super PAC supporting Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, marking the return of the billionaire financier as among the biggest givers in all of American politics. The massive check brings to $8 million the Hungarian-born investor's total 2015 giving to pro-Clinton groups.

Read more: www.politico.com...

$200,000 to Kasich, maybe just something to thrown the hounds off?????

He's a pot stirrer for sure and a chaos creator. I wouldn't put much on his donation to Kasich.

Why would George Soros donate to Kasich? Figure it out for yourself.
Psycho Hedge Fund Giants Democrat George Soros and Republican Paul Singer want to support Kasich over Trump.

So Soros is a liberal supporting Clinton. But 'just in case', he's tossing some coins to his choice of the other party's campaign, okay. That in and of itself doesn't make Kasich bad. I don't think you get to choose your donors. But Kasich supporting the TPP, that's a big 'un. Gonna have to keep thinking on this.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

The right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.

People should be considered innocent until proven guilty, not deemed unfit to bare arms based on crimes they haven't committed yet.

The majority of terrorism and mass shootings in this nation were committed by people who either should have already been institutionalized, or in prison.

And an armed citizenry can deter crime. Every law abiding citizen should be free to carry open or concealed without question or restrictions. America needs to grow a pair.
edit on 15-3-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Just a some pictures that make me think of JK..."just kidding" lol

At the start of the campaign:

Half way through primaries...JK will try to step it up a notch:

But by end of October, this will be happening:

That is how I am viewing his campaign to be. He had his time, like Jeb did...but that passed. Missed the shot. Doesn't have the energy like Trump...would be good library study buddies with Carson. Just don't see him as President, sorry.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.

People should be considered innocent until proven guilty, not deemed unfit to bare arms based on crimes they haven't committed yet.

The majority of terrorism and mass shootings in this nation were committed by people who either should have already been institutionalized, or in prison.

And an armed citizenry can deter crime. Every law abiding citizen should be free to carry open or concealed without question or restrictions. America needs to grow a pair.

Absoluetly!

Kasich is on your side my friend,

From the OP

-Registering mentally ill is first priority in gun control. (Nov 2015)
-2nd Amendment advocate: NRA rating changed from "F" to "A". (Aug 2015)
-Keep existing restrictions, but tighten up on terrorist guns. (Nov 1996)
-Cool off before making new gun laws after Littleton. (May 1999)
-More parenting better than more gun laws. (May 1999)
-Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
-Opposes restrictions on the right to bear arms. (Aug 2010)

Kasich is all for the 2nd amendment, and your bill of rights.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Kasich suffers from the same problem as Rand Paul, he relies too much on reason when voting is primarily about emotion. Being a moderate also isn't where you want to be in a primary. I've said here numerous times that he's my favorite candidate the Republians have but the truth is he has no chance. He's campaigning for a cabinet position right now, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra
After very careful examination of all the candidates, I give my vote to John Kasich. I do not subcribe to a particular party. Voting for the President of the United States must be a carefully thoughout process. Four to eight years has a major impact on not only what transpires in our own country but on the entire world.

In the past we have always been the most powerful country looked up to & depended on to set examples & called on to lead & make extremely important decisions that have major impacts on the world. Time does not stand still. Events in our world can shockenly change at any given moment.

Our country & leaders must be fully qualified & prepared in all ways to instantly be able to deal with any alarming problem, situation or intelligence information that comes our way.

Our leaders must be experienced & have an intelligent understanding of how to effectively deal with eminent danger & situations that pose major threats to us & our allies. Our leaders must be able to think quickly & rationally looking at all angles of a decision & the consequences that might occur from our actions & then implement what's needed. We must also be on good terms with all those who are & could be our well needed allies. The world is in a very dangerous & precarious state now & getting worse.

I feel that it is of great importance for each of us take a good look at the candidates running for president. Look at the world today & what we are now & could be facing in the future. Carefully observe & listen closely to at the platforms of each candidate. Do not let loud idle rhetoric or friends at a gathering be your guide. Look at the records, experience & the PLATFORMS of the candidates. Listen to them. Can they throughly explain their policies? How will they will implement them & is actually possible to carry out their plan.

I feel that this is a major time to get the right candidates into office. Our country & the world is at stake. We must be able to have a strong intelligent leader who is knowledgeable, not irrational or impulsive with words or actions. Our candidate must know that we need to come from a point of strength with a strong up to date military once again so that we can negotiate if needed with those who threaten us or want to destroy us. We need a president who understands the importance of why it is important to help protect Israel, one of our greatest democratic allies with excellent intelligence, technology etc. Israel has been extremely beneficial to us & other's. She is the only Democratic tiny state that stands all alone in the M.E. fighting with all her might to survive each & everyday! We cannot turn our back to her & must set the example.

With all that said, after throughly studying the candidates in every possible way, I have come up with what I feel will be a winning team that will do great justice for America & help with the upheaval our entire world is in & continuously facing. I vote for JOHN KASICH for President & MARCO RUBIO for Vice President.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Take a closer look at Kasich and you'll see why he's having problems. He stood on the stage in the last debate and lied through his teeth about education. He is all in for Common Core and did an absolute smear campaign in OHIO on those that are against it. He voted for NAFTA. Recently he said he would give illegals amnesty in the first 100 days if he is elected. He supported the Affordable Healthcare Act. He's in Soro's pocket. He's the ultimate slick politician. He stands on stage and looks like he's so friendly and likeable. "He's the adult in the room" that will stab you in the back.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
a reply to: Metallicus

What does that even mean "shake things up"? You give the office way too much power. The only way to shake things up is through Congress. A "shakes things up" President would simply and quickly turn into "one term lame duck President."

It doesn't even matter.

I've heard it said too many times - "Bernie wouldn't be able to get anything through Congreas," but when it comes to Trump he's going to "shake things up!"

I don't understand how, when, or specifically what is going to be "shaken up," but that's American politics for you.

When did America stop becoming so great, and why do we need to vote for our Federal Government in order to make it great again?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

This has been the case from the beginning. The media is always obsessed with the T.V. personality or the candidate who has the best name recognition. Kasich has simply not been given as much media attention as these others like Trump or Clinton. He is clearly the most qualified candidate running for the Presidency today and he can defeat the disingenuous Hillary Clinton. Kasich has the experience, background, and thorough knowledge of the issues to get the job done effectively in Washington, and he has the best plan to defeat Isis including a solid ground coalition.
edit on 15-3-2016 by kendix1960 because: Word added and subtracted to add clarity

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bonden:

Great job, bonden and very well stated!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
On March 8th, I found myself sitting here in Michigan watching all of the debates online. Believe me, I even wished Ohio and Florida had already voted to nullify a couple of candidates. When I entered the town hall, I had to choose republican or democrat. It wasn't an easy choice. Personally I wished I could have chosen one from each side. Anyways, I chose republican ticket. When I looked at the list of names before me...Images from the debates flooded my mind. Family and friends admonishments popped up too.

Amazingly, I chose Kasich, knowing he would not be president, but hoped that he will be found fitting as a good balance as a VP.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'll just state the as yet unsaid in this thread: Kasich just a few days ago came out for full amnesty within the first hundred days of a Kasich presidency. No way am I voting for that, whatever else the differences in his approach to immigration vs Trumps. It's obviously a crossover strategy to try to pull in some hispanic voters from the Democrats and pump up his delegate count a little.

Overall, the establishment Republicans are just now all working together to try to get enough delegates to steal the nomination from Trump. The more they get, the more chance there is that they will get enough to make it look like they didn't steal it. In this context, Kasich's strategy now is obvious, and he's not trying to win. Rather than try to compete with Trump for the same voters, Kasich is hoping for some crossover support, particularly from hispanics, as a way to get a few more delegates going into the convention.

However, it's not entirely a party first strategy. The selfish side of this strategy for Kasich is that Kasich would be positioned as a kingmaker, which is something that Ohio candidates/machines have a long history of doing. If Trump is just short of the delegate count for the nomination on the first ballot, in this sort of scenario he could then cut a deal with only Kasich if Kasich has enough to get him over the top, and avoid cutting a deal with Cruz or Rubio.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
On March 8th, I found myself sitting here in Michigan watching all of the debates online. Believe me, I even wished Ohio and Florida had already voted to nullify a couple of candidates. When I entered the town hall, I had to choose republican or democrat. It wasn't an easy choice. Personally I wished I could have chosen one from each side. Anyways, I chose republican ticket. When I looked at the list of names before me...Images from the debates flooded my mind. Family and friends admonishments popped up too.

Amazingly, I chose Kasich, knowing he would not be president, but hoped that he will be found fitting as a good balance as a VP.

I respect your opinion on Kasich. Are you familiar with Michelle Malkin? She really raked Kasich over the coals at CPAC. It's worth watching the whole speech.

[

edit on 15-3-2016 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

Kasich just announced he would never be on the ticket with Trump.

ALSO...Full Amnesty in the first 100 days!!! Surprise!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Glad you chose Kasich as he is the most qualified of all the candidates running by far. But , in my opinion, he should become President as he can defeat the disingenuous and untrustworthy Hillary Clinton in November and he has the most thorough knowledge of the economic issues facing our country today! Marco Rubio would be a fine choice to be vice president on a Kasich led ticket.

Moreover, Kasich has a good plan to defeat Isis with a combination of air power combined with an international coalition producing boots on the ground led by the United States. He is also a unifying force who knows how to get things done in Washington without gridlock.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Good. Just shows what a fine principled gentleman Kasich really is. Great contrast to Chris Christie and Dr. Carson who endorsed the maniac Trump.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: 11andrew34

Kasich just announced he would never be on the ticket with Trump.

ALSO...Full Amnesty in the first 100 days!!! Surprise!

Like I said, Kasich is an Ohio politician. They have a long history of doing this sort of thing and being smart about it. He's not stupid enough to use his leverage to get the VP job because the VP job is basically worthless. He'd probably want a cabinet post, because then he's actually running something valuable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join