It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come nobody is talking about Kasich? He is our best bet.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you want a candidate that is all in for TPP (which will gut his home state of Ohio) Kasich is your man. If you want a candidate that smears his opponents when they disagree with him (issues such as common core, just check out Michelle Malkin's speech at CPAC) Kasich is your man.

Yes, he comes across as sweet and nice, the adult in the room. Take a really close look at his actions. He is so far up the establishment's rear, he is covered in #.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Sorry you feel that way but I'd never criticize your right and privilege to disagree with me or to want to support someone else for POTUS. However I still think Trump may well have payed for that comment and picture you sent me with your last reply, your thumbs down sign and identity of the source notwithstanding.

I also still firmly endorse Gov. Kasich of Ohio for POTUS. That is my right to do as a free thinking American citizen just as you are!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Then why has the so called "establishment" been so obsessed with Cruz and Trump and Clinton? Its all about those darn T.V.ratings which line the pocket books of those over payed money grubbing talking heads!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

All I'm saying is that he is 1/24, on average he did much worse at the polls then Rubio, has absolutely zero chance of getting the nomination through voters or delegates and simply refuses to drop out of the race.

Something stinks here.
edit on 17-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

Then why has the so called "establishment" been so obsessed with Cruz and Trump and Clinton? Its all about those darn T.V.ratings which line the pocket books of those over payed money grubbing talking heads!

The media has been obsessed with Trump because of ratings and the all mighty dollar. Cruz, because he is so unlikable, imo. Clinton because she is the heir apparent. The political establishment didn't become obsessed with Trump early on. They laughed. They stopped laughing when his numbers went up. They are obsessed with him now because he has defied all their predictions. Kasich has been ignored because they had rising young star Rubio, the Latin in Satin. "Look at us! We are so diverse we have a Cuban-American in our party." None of that changes the fact that Kasich supports TPP and Common Core. He's still establishment.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

But he does still have a chance. It comes down to a brokered convention and Kasich's victory in the recent Ohio primary did increase the chances that there will be a brokered convention in July and in Kasich's state of Ohio to boot. Lets wait and see what happens.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I agree with you on the gun control issue. I support the second ammendment but not sure how a familiar situation that one hears about so often should or could be properly handled.

There are times when you meet or hear about an individual who seems to have a particular abrasive demeanor or personality. The family members, neighbors, friends & associates seem to become rather immune to his ways & though uncomfortable, accept him for the way he is.

He is seen & known as a rather impulsive, irrational & hot headed kind of guy.

It's when something suddenly fires him up & triggers an immediate response that pushes him over the top. Most times he'll just lash out. At this moment though he grabs his gun without thinking about the consequences & commits a crime that no one thought he would ever do.

Later, after it's too late the people that knew him always seem to describe him in the same manner.

If I am right, I suppose under the law as it stands, it would never be legal to deny a person the right to purchase a weapon unless he has a previous record for abusing the privilege. As citizens, I also believe we have no rights to complain about an individual unless threatened.

I'm wondering if the majority of people feel that is the way it should be. I am asking because I was once in a situation where I lived in a fearful situation but really could not do anything unless a crime was committed.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That's exactly why people are calling him an establishment plant. If what your saying does take place, it just proves that American voters really have absolutely no say in who gets chosen to lead them.

It's a scumbag move.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bonden

Very well said!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Trump would be a horrible choice for our country and his nomination must be stopped. In any case, Kasich is the best man for the office pure and simple regardless of how one wishes to interpret the consequences of a brokered convention in July.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

Trump would be a horrible choice for our country and his nomination must be stopped. In any case, Kasich is the best man for the office pure and simple regardless of how one wishes to interpret the consequences of a brokered convention in July.

That's your opinion. You have a right to your opinion, as does everyone here. People have predicted all kinds of calamities every political season if candidate A or B got elected. It's just that, a prediction. Unless you are a true psychic (not a fake one) you have no idea who will do what once they are in office. You predict Trump will be horrible. I predict Kasich will be horrible. Meh. Just opinions. Everybody has one.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
kaisch hates people being allowed to choose who to vote. He used rare legal maneuvers over 600k and got the legislature to make it nearly impossible for 3rd parties to run in ohio all because some libertarian was polling well against him and the democrat had cratered.

The guy struck at the heart of democracy. What do you think he would do as president? If he gets the nomination or prez I wonder if he will try to get 3rd parties booted out of national elections as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Trump is by and large the popular choice among Republican voters, regardless of how one wishes to interpret the results.

Kasich has been running in single digits since the beginning, what your advocating for is the complete denial of Democracy in favor of crony politics.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I could get into how Kasich is an establishment plant whose purpose was to sit on his hands the whole election no matter how badly he did, just to ensure the race never came down to 2 candidates and force a brokered convention.

We could get into every politician and their secret antics...

They all got their baggage.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You predict Trump will be horrible. I predict Kasich will be horrible. Meh. Just opinions. Everybody has one.

Not sure what even defines a not horrible candidate.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Probably doesn't matter, Frostie, because it does look more and more like a Trump v Clinton election race and both are horrible but Trump, the dictator is worst of all. I still wish it could be Kasich v Clinton however. Cruz vs Clinton would also be awful, or the worst possible of all scenarios, Sanders v Trump. That is extremely unlikely since Clinton leads Sanders by a 2 to 1 margin in delegates.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If Kasich drops out or gives his support to another candidate, then all of this back and forth between us will come to nothing. Perhaps we need to look at Clinton v Trump as the most likely scenario, but as much as I can't stand Clinton, I could never live with a Trump presidency and hope none of us will ever have to do so!!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Are you saying you could live with a Clinton presidency?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

Not at all but I sure don't want to even have to contemplate a Trump presidency as that means a dictatorship and anything would be better than that! I still hope for a good compromise candidate to emerge from a brokered convention In July. Obviously somebody who could beat Hillary. I still think that person would best be Kasich, but if not, maybe someone similar in views who can both be nominated and win in November. Then we can avoid both Trump AND the lying crony capitalist and disingenuous Hillary Clinton!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What makes you think that Trump is a dictator? The MSM always likes to throw out these buzzwords but never provides any real proof to back up their claims.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join