It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come nobody is talking about Kasich? He is our best bet.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960 Yup, we are on the same page, Kendix. I'm switching over to be an independent voter since the Democrats just left me no choice. That way I can vote Kasich ifhe comes out ahead in a brokered conventional, or if a solid 3rd party candidate emerges from the outside. Thanks for the info on Kasich vs. Hillary.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason88
With Bernie basically out of the race, and as a Democrat my only hope is Kasich now. I'd vote for him over Hillary or Trump. I'd take a moderate on either side of the aisle compared to the nasty extremism leading this race.

Any polls exist that pit Kasich against Hillary?

Do you think most Democrats like yourself would opt for Kasich over Hillary?

Havnt seen a poll for Kasich vs Hillary

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie I don't really know, Frostie. There's the argument for a Democrat, Hillary, with three Supreme Court justices up for nomination during the next presidential cycle, whereby these officials will be Democrats and stand by party values for decades to come. That's a good argument despite the candidate being godawful Hillary.

But, that's just it...godawful Hillary will be president and that's a terrible idea.

Kasich is moderate so maybe he picks moderate justices and governs with a balanced hand... his record says that's likely the case (despite some serious errors in judgement like sending Ohio manufacturing jobs overseas).

I really don't know what other Democrats are thinking but in numerous conversations with friends & family (all Democrats, yay New England) everyone agrees Kasich is normal, an adult among Republican children, and appears to be a decent family man who is moderate.

ETA: As a Massachusetts resident in a heavily blue state we have no problem electing moderate Republicans to our highest office as our current Governor Baker and Governor Romney before him (and others before those two gentlemen). My point is moderate Republicans tend to do well with Democrats interested in progressive social and local issues, but are conservative on budgets, jobs, and family values (while adhering to separation of church and state... sorry Bible Belt folks it's in the Constitution) . Kasich appears to be in the same vein as past Republican governors who do well with Democrats as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Personally, if I was involved in strategy with the Kasich campaign I'd make a serious land grab for Bernie supports by pivoting a bit left. Trump is Trump and his supporters are... well. But Kasich could position himself even more moderate while dumping the conservatives with Trump and going for a larger Democrat base of support. If I was on his team I'd be talking to Governors Baker and Romney right now to learn how Republicans can tame Democrats.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Canada is looking better and better every day. If Killary gets elected, I honestly wouldn't even know what to say. No rhyme intended.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well they tried to force feed Jeb Bush down our throats, then they tried to force Rubio down our throats, well they both are finished. Now the new RINO establishment stooge is Kasich, the former failed Lehman Brothers employee who is bought and paid for by Wall Street. Kasich is a fraud. ~$heopleNation
edit on 16-3-2016 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
because his marketing is garbage. you dont have to look far to get answers.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Not to mention that the puppet Kasich is backed by George Soros if you can believe it! Look it up, he is bought and paid for. Trump 2016! ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

hahaha. ol George is grasping at straws i see.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

hahaha. ol George is grasping at straws i see.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Not to mention that the puppet Kasich is backed by George Soros if you can believe it! Look it up, he is bought and paid for. Trump 2016! ~$heopleNation

Trump is the only one NOT backed by Soros

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe1223

Canada looks better and better as Trump continues to move closer and closer toward nomination. They know this buffoon for what he is there, and Canadians are amazed that anyone could seriously consider supporting him here!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I considered Kasich as an option, until Romney stumped for him in Ohio...

You don't have Romney help your effort without concessions to the establishment...

I am sure that Kasich is loving the attention from the DC GOP cracked crab and caviar crowd, but he's lost the only reason why folks liked him to begin with...

I thought he could be a potential running mate for Trump....

Ohio with Romney ended that for me...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Hmm nice point,

If you scroll down in the Ohio results, it shows where voters supported Romney in 2008.

Almost an exact match as to Kasich.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I have no clue why Kasich allowed Romney into Ohio as support... I fully expected Kasich to win the state without him...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

All's well that ends well and Romney's help could have made just enough difference to secure the much needed margin of victory in the crucial Ohio winner take all primary so that Kasich now gets all the state's delegates and slows down Trump's march toward the nomination.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
supported nafta, supports TPP, best bet to lose, his number of votes is pathetic, Trump had over a million in Florida, the best bet to beat Hillary is Trump, Kasich is definitely the best bet to Lose to Hillary. The head to head polls aren't like the primary polls, the primary polls are accurate, head to heads are not, however the head to head polls will become accurate.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
He is one of three candidates left - Trump and Ted Cruz being the other two - so if things go crazy, he could win.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Just need a brokered convention.

Everything could line up.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I sure hope Kasich wins the nomination. The other two, Trump and Cruz, would be utter disasters for the country, while Gov. Kasich has the executive experience, skill, and temperament to unite the country and defeat the disingenuous Hillary Clinton in November.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join