It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come nobody is talking about Kasich? He is our best bet.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
All I ever see is Trump, Hillary, and Bernie

Has any body paid any attention to him? He might the best bet. I scrolled down the 2016 US Elections page and saw that the majority of the posts revolved around this one candidate, and not many others.

Weve all seen Kasich in debates.

Hes got a level head, hes professional, and he has experience.

Let alone how he is on the issues, hes pretty moderate. I've only posted a few example from the website, there is more issues to browse on the sight.

www.ontheissues.org...

His focus for gun control is to get the mentally ill registered, and makes sense. Most mass shootings are the result of a mentilly ill person, not the gun. As we all know.

-Registering mentally ill is first priority in gun control. (Nov 2015)
-2nd Amendment advocate: NRA rating changed from "F" to "A". (Aug 2015)
-Keep existing restrictions, but tighten up on terrorist guns. (Nov 1996)
-Cool off before making new gun laws after Littleton. (May 1999)
-More parenting better than more gun laws. (May 1999)
-Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
Opposes restrictions on the right to bear arms. (Aug 2010)

His immigration policy is great. Even the ATS Trump supporters realize its not practical to ship 11M immigrants out of the country... let alone what that would do to our economy.

-It's a silly argument to ship 11M illegals back to Mexico. (Nov 2015)
-Focus of immigration should be to keep families together. (Sep 2015)
-Latino immigrants will continue to play critical role in US. (Sep 2015)
-Focus on border & guest workers, not birthright citizenship. (Sep 2015)
-End birthright citizenship; 2015: not part of approach. (Aug 2015)
-Seal the border with Mexico, support legal immigrants. (Jul 2015)
-Open to pathway to citizenship, but doesn't like it. (Feb 2015)
-Post-Sept-11 open-door melting-pot is essentially intact. (May 2006)
-Limit the number of legal immigrants, and their benefits. (Nov 1996)
-Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers. (Sep 1998)
-Declared English the official language of the US. (Jan 1999)

Its ashame he doesnt get the same mass media as other hot head candidates. Early on many of us have either decided none are the candidates are worthy of our vote, or have now settled for a less than desirable candidate.

I am not an advocate for Kasich, but I think he deserves more of the spotlight because he could possible be the best candidate for average republicans.

Anybody got any reason to be against him?
edit on 15-3-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: frostie

This is because the media is only covering the Trump debacle and his two potential Democrat opponents; election years are always the same, ATS isn't as enlightened as it thinks it is.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
He's not getting nearly as much attention because he's not a complete windbag of a jackass, that's why. Trump & Hillary are, thus, media circus.

People are passing up a damned good Republican, IMO. My leftie self actually feels bad for him being ignored, he's well-grounded & sensible with his ideas.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I agree. I really wish we would hear from him more but I believe its a day late and a dollar short. He has some amazing ideas but just isn't loud enough to stand out. Sad but true

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

ATS isn't as enlightened as it thinks it is.

Glad you said what I didnt want too!

I think many ATS members fall victim to the Media that Nyiah Talks about.

Everyone, no matter how intelligent, can always enjoy guilt free enjoyment of the "Media Circus."

a reply to: Nyiah

I do enjoy some of his leftie qualities, and because righties and lefties can benefit from each other.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
Hes got a level head, hes professional, and he has experience.

You answered your own question. Republicans are told they have to be angry this time therefore it is not the time to elect a sensible candidate.

Trump is everything they have been told they want.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

We have a legal system in this country called the Constitution, which includes the Bill of Rights. Its not as good as what the Articles of Confederation could have been amended to be, but its what we have.

None of this candidate have shown an sign that they will uphold or respect the Bill of Rights, therefore I will not vote for any of the. We could've had Rand Paul or Mike Huckabee...I was even willing to settle for Jeb, but not Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, or Carson.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

We have a legal system in this country called the Constitution, which includes the Bill of Rights. Its not as good as what the Articles of Confederation could have been amended to be, but its what we have.

None of this candidate have shown an sign that they will uphold or respect the Bill of Rights, therefore I will not vote for any of the. We could've had Rand Paul or Mike Huckabee...I was even willing to settle for Jeb, but not Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, or Carson.

Please elaborate on how/why Kasich will not advocate for the Bill of Rights?

I havnt seen anything that would show him against the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My first choice is Trump, for many reasons previously discussed. He is our best hope for the future.

Kasich - it would not make me run for the hills if he won. He might be ok. But he has no chance.

Cruz or Rubio - I would cringe, and "oh no", and buckle up for at least 4 difficult years.

Hillary - I would move to Canada. If she won it would be a disaster. It would be the end of constitutional rights and the end of the USA. For some reason apocalyptic flashes come to mind.

Sanders - would be an interesting ride. I'd sit back with some popcorn and watch while he tries to actually accomplish anything he has promised, with no chance of succeeding. And if he did start to succeed... it could be a little scary.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Trump, Trump, TRUMP!

Actually I am not voting in this travesty called an election. If you think the President (Paul Ryan) isn't already chosen.....you live over the rainbow.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ha...Soros just donated $200K to a Kasich Super Pack.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
He's not getting nearly as much attention because he's not a complete windbag of a jackass, that's why. Trump & Hillary are, thus, media circus.

People are passing up a damned good Republican, IMO. My leftie self actually feels bad for him being ignored, he's well-grounded & sensible with his ideas.

Right on! It's a shame though the masses seem to think we need a loudmouth windbag full of hot air to be 'strong' leader. So many conservatives are against 'government as usual' and that's why they're choosing Trump. Also because they think he can beat Clinton.

Gone are the days when a quiet, calm person is considered strong. Now a days, you need to voice you opinion for all the world to hear and read. A constant social rating by the public, if you will. Kasich IS a good guy, the kind of solid this country needs but he's considered part of the establishment. Never mind that the establishment does have some good points and good people. Throw 'em all under the bus I guess. Growing pains suck.

I don't like Trump, he has laid out no specifics on plans or ideass, keeping him protected from analytical eyes. He ALSO says the same mantras over and over. He's like a bad boyfriend leading on his lady, promising a life of happiness but sorely lacking on the specifics, while constantly repeating "trust me, I'll take care of everything". His honeymoon's not over and I'm interested to see what becomes of his overblown TRUMPet noise. I'm voting for Kasich.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
He voted for NAFTA and supported the TPP which shipped tens of thousands of jobs out of his state of Ohio.

The only reason he wasn't ran out of office is because Ohio struck oil with the fracking industry.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Ha...Soros just donated $200K to a Kasich Super Pack.

Now why would he do that? He's a strong Hillary supporter. He in fact has donated at least $8million to Hillary.

George Soros in December donated $6 million to the leading super PAC supporting Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, marking the return of the billionaire financier as among the biggest givers in all of American politics. The massive check brings to $8 million the Hungarian-born investor's total 2015 giving to pro-Clinton groups.

Read more: www.politico.com...

$200,000 to Kasich, maybe just something to thrown the hounds off?????

He's a pot stirrer for sure and a chaos creator. I wouldn't put much on his donation to Kasich.
edit on 15-3-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I live in Ohio and I am very familiar with Kasich.

If you want the Republican version of business as usual in Washington then he is definitely the guy you want. Frankly, I want someone who will shake things up.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Soros is in one way or another funding all the major campaigns but Trumps...
edit on 03am31amf0000002016-03-15T11:45:49-05:001149 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Fair enough, and I share that ideology.

shees... If we only had a non-political candidate to vote for..

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What does that even mean "shake things up"? You give the office way too much power. The only way to shake things up is through Congress. A "shakes things up" President would simply and quickly turn into "one term lame duck President."

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I live in Ohio and I am very familiar with Kasich.

If you want the Republican version of business as usual in Washington then he is definitely the guy you want. Frankly, I want someone who will shake things up.

What's your version? What's wrong with him? Please enlighten us. We're trying to decide on some important decisions here. What do you know that will help us make a better informed decision?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Don't worry, the Democrats did the same thing to Martin O'Malley (and as much as it pains me to say this because I didn't like the guy when he was mayor of baltimore then governor of maryland) who was a FAR better candidate than Hillary could ever hope to be.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join