It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 year old girl dies after being beat into a coma by her 34 year old boyfriend-- CINCINNATI

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Cincinnati lost a beautiful young woman. WARNING: This thread is emotionally fueled at points, and you will read my opinions as my heart shatters and soul bleeds for this family.

Below you will see the image of a bright, beautiful young woman named Hailey Hall. For most of you, her smile has only ever been appreciated from an image on your monitor, but for the world, its all we have left of her. Never again will anyone be graced by the presence of her glowing face, and charming grin save for the pictures she left behind.

After spending two weeks in an intensive care unit, a 16-year-old has died after she was beaten by her 34-year-old boyfriend, police said. Hailey Hall was taken to Mercy Health West Hospital on Feb. 29, and a felonious assault was reported. She was later transferred to University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

Cinci Enq.

Hall underwent brain surgery after the attack and also sustained a lacerated liver and had two collapsed lungs

WLWT

Rest in Peace Hailey.

I didn't know you, but a lot of girls around this part of town did. You couldn't have deserved this.

For everyone saying the parents should be punished etc.... they have been, their daughter is dead, I'm not sure what else you sick miserable people could possibly want to happen to them.

No parent is perfect... Its easy to see once a kid is old enough to know what free will is, that they will do as they please. You really cannot completely control a child past that point.

I'm not "religious" but every molecule in my existence is praying for this young ladies friends and families. If there is a higher power out there, I hope it will allow this family to grieve the way they choose.

This animal deserves to be put down.

There is something to be learned from her parents suffering-

A lot of cincinnatians are asking asking why? Why wasn't he (a 34 year old man, dating a 16 year old) arrested before this happened? the answer is simple: Because 16 is the legal age of sexual consent in Ohio.

Her family called the police, they did not want her with this man, and the police could do nothing because she was old enough legally according to Ohio's law.

So for anyone out there with a 16 year old in Ohio, if he or she is with someone much older, the police cannot legally handle the issue, seems to me it'll have to be taken into your own hands.

I'd rather live my life in prison for murdering a creep, than live the rest of my life knowing my daughter was savagely beaten to death by a grown man.

I know this isn't the regular kind of post on ATS, but I wanted everyone to know what happened to her, and I want everyone to know what kind of a sick animalistic monster her murderer is.

"And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you"

-Fix you (Coldplay)

-Alee

edit on 3/15/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Unfortunately, teenagers with raging hormones tend to know it all. However, if that young lady were my daughter, I would have been put in jail for beating the snot out of that creep long before it got to the point of her being put in a coma.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Your post was the same type of reply mine would have been.
A star is not enough so these are for you...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Huh 16 years old is not a woman and 34 year old having hes way with 16 year old is not a boyfriend, how come some so called modern country/town/community have such a rule/law, its beyond me...
How so their parents should be punished? Did they have something to do with their girl being with much older man?
To me sounds like whole Ohio should be punished for this kinda of laws, u just dont make it right adult man having its ways with so much younger girls.

May she rest in peace and seek justice from the heavens.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just looked at the article. Suspicion confirmed. Just what I expected.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

what was that?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

Regardless, its tragic that she ended up in this situation.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That is disgusting.

Yes, she should have known better, and yes she should have been protected by the law, and yes, she was totally undefended during the whole fiasco, but the person who really, REALLY ought to feel every single pound per square inch of this young girls suffering, is the man who laid his hands upon her.

All we can do now is pray for peace for her, and oblivion for him.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have little sympathy for those who make bad decisions and just happen to reap worse consequences.

Now she's dead and he'll wish he was in prison and they lived happily ever after.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The WLWT post says this:

"A lot of the young people who are out on the streets suffer from low self-esteem, no family support perhaps a mental illness substance abuse and so they are real easy targets for someone who is preying on them."

No where in either article does it say this young woman was on the street?

I'm sure the nightclub this happened at will be shut down.

Tragic, and yes, the girl paid with her life for her poor decision, and her parents have suffered as much as they could if this was due to poor parenting. That being said, a tragedy can't just be a tragedy, we have to learn from it. Hopefully Ohio will better define their consent law so action can be taken in the future; and, hopefully young people take this in and see the potential dangers of dating much older people.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot
Just looked at the article. Suspicion confirmed. Just what I expected.

That the pedophile lawmakers who lowered the age of consent 16 in Ohio are white? Yeah, I totally saw that too. I hate to sound racist but I expected them to be white, for sure.

(I can be delightfully and subtly racist too, yay!)
edit on 15-3-2016 by Abysha because: added stuffs

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wait wait wait....

I've lived in the US my entire life & have never been aware of certain states having consent be under 18. Not to say that 2 years would have made a difference, I'm sure this POS 34 year old would have beaten a woman of any age, but still I thought 18 was the national minimum.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think you leap frogged who committed the crime. Laughable apologist.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Part of the problem is that these laws regarding the age of consent do not have any context. There is no reason a 34 year old man should have any interest at all in a 16 year old. NONE. While there is no doubt that 16 year olds bump uglies, the intellectual maturity gap between a 34 year old a 16 year old is enormous. The law needs to take these age gaps into context. For example, a 16 year old can certainly consent to say a 20 year old but it does not apply to say a 25 year old or older person.

It is one thing for an 18 or 19 year old to be smitten with a 16 year old, or even a 20 year old. However, once a guy starts getting into their 20s, the maturity levels change dramatically. When I was 34, I would never have considered dating a even a 23 or 24 year old. A 30 something is in an entirely different space in life than a 23 or even 25 year old, much less a 16 year old.

Maturity gaps become less extreme as people get older.

Teenagers have nothing in common with people in their 20s

People in their 20s have nothing in common with people in their 30s...

However, it is not out of the ordinary for someone in their 40s to find common ground with someone in their 30s. The maturity level gap starts shrinking dramatically.

A 50s person can certainly find a match to someone in their late 30s or 40s. A 60 year old with a 40 something isn't that big of a reach.

Anyway... rant over.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
too much focus on her being 16. age of consent is 16 for most of the us actually, its not like if she was 18 this would have made it fine...or 48.

its a sad story, terribly sad...but its just a random story with nothing to learn from. its not like age gap relationships are bad..statistically speaking, a vastly older man dating a younger woman is about the safest relationship to get in with regards to domestic violence.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BigScaryStrawman

Yep, in Ohio its 16. It's one of the reasons I brought this up to ATS, I was hoping we could have some type of discussion on consent laws, so that this kind of tragedy doesn't happen to anyone else's child. That was really something that's bothered me for quite some time. I wish it was 18 in Ohio.
The reason I didn't bring up the substance abuse part in my OP, is honestly it's too touchy a subject for me. She made mistakes, but in the end, she shouldn't be blamed just because of that. He would have put his hands on her, or anyone else, drugs or no drugs. That's simply my opinion, I realize some of you may have opposing views on that, but so be it.

I really feel the age of consent should just be 18, because if her parents are expected to take care of her, and be held responsible for her until shes 18 then they should be allowed to say she can't date a 34 year old, until she's 18. What do you do, when you go to the police for help, and they essentially tell you, sorry, the way that law works, you just have to let your baby go, and hope shes making the right choice? To hell with that.

I don't have a daughter, and my son may only be 1.... but I am a mother dammit, and I can't bear to think about what Haileys parents are experiencing. I don't ever hope to.

-Alee
edit on 3/15/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I think 16 is fine for age of consent, most 16 year old are exploring their sexuality, but there should definitely be a more defined law with age restrictions on the upper age that a 16 year old could consent to.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Teenagers have nothing in common with people in their 20s

People in their 20s have nothing in common with people in their 30s...

However, it is not out of the ordinary for someone in their 40s to find common ground with someone in their 30s. The maturity level gap starts shrinking dramatically.

..citation needed
What about a immature as hell 22 year old with a 17 year old?
What about a 25 year old with a 32 year old?

I have had numerous things in common with people half my age (I am a avid gamer / 3d mesh builder and sci-fi fanatic) and have found maturity is a...fluid thing. I have noticed people in their late 50s to be just as edgy and wild as someone in their 20s, and someone in their 20s mentally older than my actual parents..which isn't a good thing (older mindset after late teens is basically just becoming more cynical and less interested in joyful hobbies)

I would say it may be difficult to find lots of common ground in multiple areas with say, a teen and a 40 year old, but thats just from different references. dont try to attribute math to human connections is basically the point here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join