It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton commits Benghazi gaffe, saying US 'didn't lose a single person' in Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It wasn't a gaffe. They didn't "lose" anyone as they were knowingly sacraficed.

She meant exactly what she said.

I think it might be even worse than that, she may actually believe what she says is the truth...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Seriously people ?

So cavalier with life.

How the hell can anyone vote for that woman?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure she was referring to NATO forces and not terrorists victims but let Fox and friends spin it what ever way they want.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
She didn't "lose" anyone. She knew right where they were when she allowed them to die.

allowed them to die????........how about BUSH that allowed all those Americans to die on 9/11 ???, or BUSH that allowed all those Americans to die in the Iraq and afghan war???...or Reagan that allowed all those Americans to die in the Beirut embassy bombing???....how ridiculous

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DAVID64
She didn't "lose" anyone. She knew right where they were when she allowed them to die.

allowed them to die????........how about BUSH that allowed all those Americans to die on 9/11 ???, or BUSH that allowed all those Americans to die in the Iraq and afghan war???...or Reagan that allowed all those Americans to die in the Beirut embassy bombing???....how ridiculous

This is about killary and Benghazi, have anything to say about that or are you just going to keep playing the "what about Bush" B.S?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Boscov

I've seen it 4 times this morning and her hot mic gaffe about Trump in what she thought was a closed mic convo with Chris Mathews.

When looking for that story, I found this on the Huffington Post:

"One of the trickier things to teach people about public speaking is that the microphone works, you don't have to actually yell," MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell told "Hardball" host Chris Matthews, noting that "there's a private version of Hillary Clinton that's very winning and very charming, that's because there's no microphone."

"When you're going up every octave with every word, people are like, I have to get some popcorn and get away from this," former RNC chair Michael Steele said. "You'd think after all the years, she would figure that out."

The former secretary of state's speaking voice has long been a topic of conversation. Various pundits, including Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward and Fox News' Geraldo Rivera, have referred to her voice as "unpleasant," "unrelaxed" and "bitter." Even Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, who also has a tendency to raise his voice, said Clinton's "shouting" was "uncomfortable."

Funny thing, this woman has been the FLOTUS, a US Senator and the Secretary of State.... and, according to Chris Matthews, she is a newbie at public speaking?
Huffington Post

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
rational people would agree, from an armed forces viewpoint, nobody was lost.
trump and bernie supporters claiming a terrorist attack somehow is hillary's fault, is, like their campaigns, ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
trump and bernie supporters claiming a terrorist attack somehow is hillary's fault, is, like their campaigns, ridiculous.

Where was Hillary when that long, drawn out attack occurred? Where was President Obama?

Note that when Osama bin Laden was killed, Obama and Hillary were in the Situation room in the White House, and photos of that were proudly displayed of them watching the operation go down in real time.

Was there anyone in the Situation Room when Benghazi went down?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation
Surely she counts on the fact that her voter base is too ignorant to notice her lies, or that they just won't care enough about what she says to investigate the truth. How else could she POSSIBLY have so many followers? I don't understand it one bit. That woman has a cold heart, so sad that she actually has support from people. If her mouth is open, it is probably a lie.

I mean really, did anyone in that crowd notice what she said? Are they being willfully ignorant to the fact that people did die, unnecessarily even? Do 4 lives mean so very little to her, that she might as well say "not a single person"? Surely if this were a different sort of issue, one that fit her agenda, she would have made a huge deal out of it. Say had it been four deaths of minorities via police officers. I'm sure she would not have 'forgotten' to mention that. I do not understand her one bit. If she becomes president I will be flabbergasted.

All they know about politics is what they read on social media (which is just a bunch of uninformed opinions). They dont bother looking for and have no interest in the truth. They dont have the TIME to, they are far too busy with their nose stuck in Facebook!

You gotta love the very uninformed yet very opinionated sheeple.

Dont worry they wont vote they will be too busy reading highly intelligent Facebook posts.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

This coming from the woman who says she was shot at when she arrived at the airport in Bosnia. People complain about Trump lying. Here's a career politician who is a pathological liar.

"Hillary Clinton has conceded that she "did misspeak" about landing in Bosnia under sniper fire, blaming tiredness for a dramatic description that was shown to have been significantly exaggerated".
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah...this was taken out of context and being used like propaganda..

Hillary wasn't talking about Benghazi.

Hillary was talking about the operation to remove Gaddafi.

This is why she said Libya and not Benghazi, specifically.

Oh well, it doesn't matter though. If you don't like Hillary nothing else matters, you'll contort and "make it fit" into your hate Hillary paradigm.

Me? I don't like Hillary and wont vote for her, but I know a BS hit piece that's taken out of context and used for right-wing propaganda when I see it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

No, what's ridiculous is Hillary lied to the American people but told family members the truth. But, what's the difference, according to Hillary.
"Hillary Told Chelsea Truth About Benghazi, But Not American People"
www.weeklystandard.com...

"Clinton: Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they’d go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make?"
www.newyorker.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It all depends on what your definition of "lose" is.

I actually had a conversation with a Hillary supporter this morning.

She said, "Who cares about Benghazi! Hillary told them to leave and they said no, that they would stay, so it's their fault!"

True story.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Yeah...this was taken out of context and being used like propaganda..

Hillary wasn't talking about Benghazi.

Hillary was talking about the operation to remove Gaddafi.

This is why she said Libya and not Benghazi, specifically.

Oh well, it doesn't matter though. If you don't like Hillary nothing else matters, you'll contort and "make it fit" into your hate Hillary paradigm.

Me? I don't like Hillary and wont vote for her, but I know a BS hit piece that's taken out of context and used for right-wing propaganda when I see it.

Some folks have to reach very deep to find a way to reply to a debate. But , yes. Hillary would definitely try to maneuver around the topic of Benghazi , and try to spin anything related into a good outcome. In this , I agree with you.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

isnt benghzi in Lybia? Should a former secretary of state running for president know her geography.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ares2493

Hillary gets to pick and choose, apparently. She gets to play real loose with the facts of it all too.
The operation to get Gaddafi was performed by Libyan anit-Gaddafi forces assisted by NATO. One US Predator drone fired missiles at the convoy that Gaddafi was traveling with.
If she is going to take credit for capturing Gaddafi, maybe she also wants to take credit for his execution and being raped with a bayonet too, since the same people that actually captured him did that too.
But she doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with the Predator drone that was circling Benghazi while the 8 hour attack went on, sending back real time video of what was happening, while she, along with Obama were missing in action!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

that is what i find very disturbing. everyone is willing to give her a free pass (benghazi, soros, uranium,isis), but they attack trump non stop on everything. thats what has pulled me into the trump camp. hes not afraid to say what he has to say. what you see is what you get.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
She's a lawyer just like Bill. They have developed creative uses of language. ("It depends on what 'is' is")

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

She is the reason everything is going ahead now and she wants to run for presidency? Madness.

She is also off her rocker when it comes to real problem solving, she is swayed by money too much. Again another reason I find trump actually a good chance as he pays for himself, he is not motivated by money. He does not need to be there, he could be sat at home.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ares2493

*rubs forehead*

In the operation to remove Gaddafi from power, the US didn't loose any servicemen or women. That is what Clinton was talking about.

Benghazi happened later.

In terms of the situation she was talking about, she was correct.

It would be like saying "On the first night of Desert Storm we didn't loose any planes" -- and then 3 months later we have some planes shot down. THEN Fox news creating a sound byte that has someone saiyng, "...Desert Storm we didn't loose any planes".

Well, people would be outraged! Sure we did! Three months later we sure as hell did!

The thing is, that was just a snippet of what was said. It was taken out of context to appear to be untruthful.

We have something similar going on here, but it doesn't matter because the people who hate Clinton latch onto anything (including out of context propaganda) to confirm their biases.

Welcome to the 21st-hugbox century where media is custom tailored to you, telling you things you agree with and reinforcing what you want to believe!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join