It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 threads on the front page about Trump....FOURTEEN!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I wish there was more in the world to talk about than Donald friggin Trump, but apparently he's the only thing worth discussing. I understand he's a polorizing individual, the spotlight of the Republican Presidential nomination bid and a ratings icon for the media right now....but is he really worth so much attention here on ATS?

14 threads I counted on the main page are specifically focused to Donald Trump. I can't go anywhere on the Internet without there being something about this guy. Love him or hate him, I don't care...is there nothing else going on in the conspiracy world or is this what this site has become? Do people scour the news waiting for a Donald Trump headline so they can hurry up and be the first to post it to ATS?

Where are the aliens? Are they sitting this election period out? Are all of the Mars rovers covering the political ongoings on Earth that they can't take pictures of rocks that can be debated over their likeness to mice and Empire outposts? Is nobody dreaming of the rapture that they want to warn us about? Does the Mayan calendar end again 3 times this year? Is there not some other bat sh!t crazy theory in the world that we find interesting and worthy of discussion?

I know, I can search through each and every forum or even do a search (Fix your search engine already ATS, it sucks! :] ) But 14 of the main topics are about 1 person. I really wish there was more to talk about than this guy.

In fact, I'm going to go the rest of the week without speaking his name, reading any article associated with him anywhere on the Internet, and diverting any conversation about him that pops up in my day to day life.

Rant, over!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Does the 14 include your thread or...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

I was just going to say, way to ameliorate the problem OP!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Where are the aliens? Are they sitting this election period out? Are all of the Mars rovers covering the political ongoings on Earth that they can't take pictures of rocks that can be debated over their likeness to mice and Empire outposts? Is nobody dreaming of the rapture that they want to warn us about? Does the Mayan calendar end again 3 times this year? Is there not some other bat sh!t crazy theory in the world that we find interesting and worthy of discussion?

They're as freaked out by this sh** as we are. I think they're hiding till it's over.

NASA is working on the rovers investigating The Donald's hair. Maybe we'll get some weird pics outta that.

This is The Rapture for some of them. DOOOOOOM!!!!

How much you wanna bet I can find someone, somewhere, is saying the Mayans predicted Trump winning?

Crazy theories? There actually is a candidate worth voting for.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I only count 8... Including yours.

That's still a bit high, but normal for an election period?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Thanks for this, and I agree!
Being nonpolitical to begin with trying to find news of the weird has been a epic undertaking lately.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
lets pick up some slack and make it 15 people!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

It used to be better when you could block certain forums, but that option has now gone. Apparently it is coming back, but then I suppose it won't be in time for the elections so...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I posted this in the rant section with no desire or expectation of it being on the main page. I don't know of any other way to voice my rant other than to say what the rant is about. So, yeah...it's one more post about DT...but it's just a rant.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Assassin82 because: For the sake of all mankind, a grammatical error had to be corrected.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

They're as freaked out by this sh** as we are. I think they're hiding till it's over.

NASA is working on the rovers investigating The Donald's hair. Maybe we'll get some weird pics outta that.

This is The Rapture for some of them. DOOOOOOM!!!!

How much you wanna bet I can find someone, somewhere, is saying the Mayans predicted Trump winning?

Crazy theories? There actually is a candidate worth voting for.

Nailed it!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

Does the 14 include your thread or...

You beat me to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I wasn't here in 2008 when Obama came on the scene, but I'll bet it would have been interesting.

He had a similar rise in the public eye.
edit on 15-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was here as a behind the scenes lurker. It was probably just as bad. ATS does seem more conservative in it's demographics simply based on comments and threads (though it's just my assumption with no real data to back that up). So I'm sure a person like Obama created similar content.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Thread topics are in direct reflection to the current pulse, beat and interests of the membership. So.....

It could 39 threads about knitting....or correct internal timing of compression chambers...or passing wind...soooo.

Deal with it...and just move on to the next thread.***

***And everyone knows to not depend on/use the search button here.... but Google then slash(/) ATS... and your search is immediately answered.

Good day....
edit on 15-3-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I thought so. Let's be honest. We have a large proportion of people wearing tinfoil (not always a bad thing), and when you see a public figure who eats up so much of the news cycle like a Trump or Obama, your radar goes off. It leads to threads which actually is why the cycle self-perpetuates both here and in the larger media cycle.

People like that are a self-generating thing, and they won't stop until the media/public are ready to stop their love affair.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The last time I saw a guy's name mentioned this much on ATS he became president.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
The last time I saw a guy's name mentioned this much on ATS he became president.

You forget the Ron Paulheads...

Trump and Bernie are in for 2016.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Raising hope again are you?
Shameless!!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

...and you author another one, lol
I like reading them to be honest, US politics are way more entertaining than the UK's

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
15 isn't very many....

If Trump gets the nomination, ATS will become Focused on trump and only trump.

If Trump doesn't get the nomination ....same as the above.

Trump is a polarizing figure that will have media attention exclusively.

Politics in America....best damn show in town. Wait until it's close to the elections...politics becomes an obsession to many.
edit on 15-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join