It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Woman with concealed carry license captures suspects in another home invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Another day, another concealed carry armed citizen foils another home invasion. This one is in Ohio. 4 home invaders captured, no injuries.

4 more criminals off the streets. God Bless America

www.timesreporter.com...

By Times-Reporter staff report

Posted Mar. 14, 2016 at 4:17 PM
Updated at 4:55 PM

COSHOCTON An area woman is being credited by the Coshocton County Sheriff's Office with apprehending two suspects involved in a home invasion on county Road 23.

Four men were charged Monday with aggravated burglary after the woman, who has a concealed carry license, singlehandedly captured two of them, holding them at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

Zachary W. Donley, 19, of West Lafayette; Darren K. Dreher, 19, of Coshocton; Jonathan R. Lahna, 20, of Newcomerstown; and Blake R. Lee, 19, of Coshocton, were charged with one count of aggravated burglary, a first-degree felony.

www.10tv.com...

edit on 15-3-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
299 other cases of defensive use with guns in 2016.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Strange. You don't need a concealed carry in your home.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Love it .No injuries. Once avoided a home invasion just by racking the slide on my 12gauge, When I did , I heard an oh sh** from downstairs. Then a door closing. Perp had actually shut the door on the way out.A little while later, a deputy was going door-door warning folks a fugitive had jumped out of the police car and gotten away as he was being taken into the hospital.He had last been seen near my home. You can bet that was MY oh sh** moment.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
299 other cases of defensive use with guns in 2016.

SOURCE

Now that is good information. Bookmarking that page.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Almost twice as many accidental shootings

Almost 3rd as many children accidentaly shot or killed

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

I left it out on purpose as i usually get in to a silly discussion of being anti gun, and wanted to just show the defensive use, as this thread is about defensive use.

But, yes, the overall picture is grim.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Ok...So, what's the solution? Ban guns? Good luck with that. It will never happen.
And, even if by some miracle you could, are you going to be the first to knock on someone's door to collect them? No? Neither are the cops or Federal agents out there, many, many of which, by the way, are gun enthusiasts.
Tougher laws? Yeah, that'll work. Because all those criminals are just good guys at heart, right, seeing as they obey all the other gun laws. Education? Now you're heading in the right direction. They used to teach firearm safety in schools and for some odd reason, kids didn't see them as mysterious objects, to be treated as toys. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun, otherwise, why do you call the police?
Throwing out a bunch of stats doesn't work. [ unless you're just hoping for stars from the anti gun fans here ]
Come up with a workable idea.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Come up with a workable idea.

Banning guns are actually not a bad idea, it works well in country's out of the US, not 100% but it saves a lot of innocent victims like children.

It would not work immediately with 300.000.000 guns in the hands of the US citizens, it would take several generations to have an effect, though in the long run it would have an effect.

Problem is it goes against the constitution, and that's a big problem.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Problem is it goes against the constitution, and that's a big problem.

It seems to me that every single rule in the constitution is being ignored one way or another by the government anyway.

Whats special about the 2nd amendment is that it gives the biggest illusion of freedom. As long as people get to keep thier guns they dont really seem to care about anything else the government does to them. They feel like they are still winning in some small way.

The government doesnt want to take away peoples guns, as long as people have guns they can arm thier law enforcement to the teeth with even bigger guns. The government still has the advantage and all the while the people making the guns are getting richer.

I love the way that a lot of people claim they need thier guns in case the government gets to tyranical but in reality the only time they would ever really consider using thier weapons against the government is if the government tried to take their guns off them.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Why do liberals only care about immediate history? It's like they think a government has never fallen or taken advantage of citizens once disarmed.

Oh things are pretty nice right now let's get rid of Guns since nothing bad can happen or change. Derp

A semi crash gridlocked my city for an entire day. If we have an EQ or volcano chaos would ensue. People would run out of food and water in days then you will want your Guns when hungry barbarians want what you have.

top topics

join