It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Worth cop pepper sprays bikers doing nothing but driving down the highway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A Fort Worth cop was caught on video pepper spraying a group of bikers for no apparent reason. The Trooper has someone pulled over as the bikers drive by and I guess he thought they should have gotten over (even though all the lanes were occupied) so he just maced them as they drove by.

How is this safer for anyone? He could have killed someone easily.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ilikebooze

Looked like an another act of Roid Rage to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
And wonder why they get called pigs..lucky this f'ing goof didn't cause a crash.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What a friggin dummy. At :25 we see the orange cloud of gas he's spraying generally as they go by.
I have no idea what would possess this guy to do that. He has no lights on, he's busy with another traffic stop, Is that mace? Or maybe a die marker to identify them later? Maybe just, "Slow down!"

Who knows? Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What a moron, needs to be fired and charged.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

In the old days he could punch those guys in the face. They'd carry them out on stretchers, you know?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I saw this on local news today. No excuses. He stopped a truck in front of them (they were part of the group). Apparently he was angry because some of the bikers in front were doing tricks on there bikes on the hiway. However the ones in the back who he sprayed were not involved. One of the guys he sprayed had asthma and had to be treated at a hospital.

This man could have caused crashes by the motorcyclists and even their death from following cars. He has been assigned to desk duty. Personally I think he should be on leave without pay.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
He is lucky no one was carrying a firearm which if used in self defense, could have shot him full of holes, then it would really be a mess of things.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

In the old days he could punch those guys in the face. They'd carry them out on stretchers, you know?

Or in the old days the bikers would have stopped and stomped some sense into his head.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
He was clearly in danger, the perceived threat level reached medium orange which required the immediate use of counter measures....luckily for the officer the counter measures were effective in displacing the gathering crowd and the threat was dissipated....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I love the part where they say "No one's come forward to make a complaint. Should he not have done that?" and shrug and make "who, me?" faces like a NFL tackle who just got caught doing a crack-back.

Uh, guys? He broke about 10 laws. Do your jobs. Complaint not needed. Charge him criminally.

Oh, but wait, that won't happen, because cop. Never mind.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Spoken like a true Fascist Nazi bastero..

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Here in New York State your supposed to get over if an emergency vehicle is using the emergency lane.

Not agreeing with what he did, but if that's the law in Texas too, it could give justification. All of them in that lane where he is spraying would have been fined

originally posted by: ilikebooze
A Fort Worth cop was caught on video pepper spraying a group of bikers for no apparent reason. The Trooper has someone pulled over as the bikers drive by and I guess he thought they should have gotten over (even though all the lanes were occupied) so he just maced them as they drove by.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Texas move over statute.

(a) On approaching a stationary authorized emergency vehicle using visual signals that meet the requirements of Sections 547.305 and 547.702, an operator, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, shall:

(1) vacate the lane closest to the emergency vehicle when driving on a highway with two or more lanes traveling in the direction of the emergency vehicle; or

(2) slow to a speed not to exceed:

(A) 20 miles per hour less than the posted speed limit when the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or more; or

(B) five miles per hour when the posted speed limit is less than 25 miles per hour.

If it was about the passing a stopped vehicle, he could have given out lots of tickets. They probably only need to slow down to 40 or 50. It didn't look as though they were going really fast.

I think the officer was just being a jerk. I doubt he thought anyone would see or capture his clandestine chemtrail action.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain
Here in New York State your supposed to get over if an emergency vehicle is using the emergency lane.

Not agreeing with what he did, but if that's the law in Texas too, it could give justification. All of them in that lane where he is spraying would have been fined

You don't get to assault someone with a chemical in lieu of a traffic court summons.

He did it because he's a jackass. And it's reckless endangerment and assault. At a minimum.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Texas move over statute.

(a) On approaching a stationary authorized emergency vehicle using visual signals that meet the requirements of Sections 547.305 and 547.702, an operator, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, shall:

(1) vacate the lane closest to the emergency vehicle when driving on a highway with two or more lanes traveling in the direction of the emergency vehicle; or

(2) slow to a speed not to exceed:

(A) 20 miles per hour less than the posted speed limit when the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or more; or

(B) five miles per hour when the posted speed limit is less than 25 miles per hour.

If it was about the passing a stopped vehicle, he could have given out lots of tickets. They probably only need to slow down to 40 or 50. It didn't look as though they were going really fast.

I think the officer was just being a jerk. I doubt he thought anyone would see or capture his clandestine chemtrail action.

Yeah. There's a lot of "Or" in that statute which basically boils it down to "as long as they were 20 below the limit, they were fine to be in that lane while passing him."

Maybe it's coming up on budget time, and if they don't use all of their pepper spray, they don't get any for the next year.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain

originally posted by: ilikebooze

Exactly what lane were they suppose to move over too?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Shouldn't the cop be charged with several counts of assault and battery at the very least? If it was my decision, I would charge him with an account of attempted murder, at least for all of the bikes in range (due to the fact he was obviously trying to cause them to crash.) "Desk duty"...he should be in jail working on posting bail for several counts of violent crime. In a perfect world, the charges/sentencing guidelines would be double when committed while on duty.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Shouldn't the cop be charged with several counts of assault and battery at the very least? If it was my decision, I would charge him with an account of attempted murder, at least for all of the bikes in range (due to the fact he was obviously trying to cause them to crash.) "Desk duty"...he should be in jail working on posting bail for several counts of violent crime. In a perfect world, the charges/sentencing guidelines would be double when committed while on duty.

charged and fired and thrown in jail.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well we are lucky the cop did not shoot them for something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join