It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the new background pictures mean to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I saw a thread complaining about them but I don't see them as being only a nuisance. I think they can serve as a wake-up call.

We sit here chatting mostly about fringe topics, minutiae, and theoretical stuff while the world is literally being burnt to the ground. Could anything galvanize us into trying to improve the world rather than just commenting on how and why it's being systematically destroyed?

I believe that may be the intent behind the background pictures. That's how I see them anyway.

We have to remember what the real background is to all of the chatter we do here. It's easy to lose sight of the big picture and I think the background pictures help to put it all in context.
edit on 14-3-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Could anything galvanize us into trying to improve the world rather than just commenting on how and why it's being systematically destroyed?

A little hard when the changing backgrounds procs my ADHD and makes me refresh over and over again until I get a dark picture

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

We sit here chatting mostly about fringe topics, minutiae, and theoretical stuff while the world is literally being burnt to the ground.

Eventually the information available about the 'burning' will dry up completely. It has to, because as failures mount and policy is ever more maddening and senseless, the less they will tell us about what they are really doing to the rest of the world.

A good study of Japanese and German populations during WWII and the propaganda directed at them from the state will help to understand better.

As long as the German and Japanese war machine was winning and conquering territory, there were news reels and speeches, parades and celebration. As soon as the losses mounted and the direction of the war to conquer the world reversed direction, the spigot of information about the mounting losses and failed operations dried up, steadily, and the misdirection towards entertainment and politics increased.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

What is this thread about ???

Sorry so far I have your background pictures ( I thought you choose them as part of your avatar)

Next post is about medical issues

Next post about WWII Germens and Japanese celebrating ?

Sorry I am a non English speaking member and nothing here made sense
edit on 15-3-2016 by Lovessover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Subliminal Imagery

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Subliminal Imagery

Ok with that term the more I read it the less it makes sense

Thank you for reply

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Seems to be mostly American stuff just like the forum Avatars.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

What does that mean ?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lovessover

Would be nice to see some conspiracy stuff from all over the world not just America. The sites getting to Americanised.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I still don't get it your reply doesn't make sense
Yet it Sounds like a thing
No idea I don't care for avatars and backgrounds not sure how they add to the conversation when the whole world is burning up in flames

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lovessover
It's not about avatars or,profile backgrounds, they are talking about the bacground images for the site. Everytime you refresh or open a new thread, it shows a background selected from a rotating catalogue. I don't know how it works for others, but I'm on my phone and I only see it for a split second and then it disappears behind the dark gray foreground. I also don't see the sides at all, which I noticed after using a desktop pc to access the site.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
to answer the thread title : the images mean nothing to me..

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Same here, they just don't register at all. SWEET!!
My selective vision has kicked in.
YIPPEEEEE!!!!

Oh the other hand all the Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons registered with me as "learning Vocabulary words" not cold war propaganda as hoped, our local liberal paper read republican a political-minded friend had to tell me, being clueless has it's moments.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
the image seems to be an " isaac caret drones insignia " a hoax from years ago

top topics

join