It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we get full disclosure on our origin, how would you react?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: tadaman

I don't think we need or will ever will be told. What we need is a worldwide acceptance of that which I know to be obviously true.

The only last piece we need is the details and specifics.
If you put tha powers that be together I one room they can't hash out the details amongst themselves. I fear we would continue the same course with different vocab words.
But...for me...no more is necessary......

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Slap or bang my forehead into wall, saying "It all makes sense now".

As for future Gods and what not, would an advanced civilization made by the (Insert colour here) of blood, sweat, and tears of haunting grandparents,allow or actually believe themselves to be Gods, even if they were viewed by a species that didn't have the perception beyond common cave people worshiping beings docking on the mortal plain, from the Heavens?

It could have its benefits for the lesser species by doing so, but what about the cons of doing it...Becoming demonized, could have it benefits and merits.

As for views of God, yes, no, but then somehow yes again.

If there was a high or superior power at work, it could have easily left it impressions since the beginning of our infancy and before the invention of religions ,through all time to see, which would go unchallenged...Regardless of what ever the populace thinks.

You know, originally, the purpose of religion, in my opinion, was more like a survival, and way of life guide s that was meant to be taught to, generation, after generation that would more or less ensure the survival of their descendants, where art work or intepration are more or less expressions of perceptions . Almost like an ancient practice of science long before it were considered as such.

Sure people, say if there was no religion, we'd be in space now, but we could of wiped our selves off even easier if we did, there would still be problems regardless.

Personally, I don't think acknowledging the existence of such things would make people resort to barbarism, maybe mysticism, and bring back some old plagues that have cursed humanity. Depends on the person(s).

edit on 16-3-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
As long as I am truly a spirit residing in a physical body then I would accept most origin scenarios.

What would freak me out is if our lives are meaningless, we have no souls , and there is nothing beyond death.

I feel like the latter would be so utterly depressing.

I would be offended for even being placed in this existence if it was pointless.

Ill hold on to the belief that somehow our deeds, how we live our lives, karma basically, dictates what will happen after death.

I don't really care the exact nature of God, I just hope we matter to God.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
What will you do when we never get "full disclosure"? And who has the authority to do so anyway? How would they know?

Full disclosure will not matter. If the thought is we are a race of beings totally manipulated by 'others' (we are) it will not be the Absolute doing this directly; just allowing it to happen is all BECAUSE IT is all things existing simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Slap or bang my forehead into wall, saying "It all makes sense now".

As for future Gods and what not, would an advanced civilization made by the (Insert colour here) of blood, sweat, and tears of haunting grandparents,allow or actually believe themselves to be Gods, even if they were viewed by a species that didn't have the perception beyond common cave people worshiping beings docking on the mortal plain, from the Heavens?

It could have its benefits for the lesser species by doing so, but what about the cons of doing it...Becoming demonized, could have it benefits and merits.

As for views of God, yes, no, but then somehow yes again.

If there was a high or superior power at work, it could have easily left it impressions since the beginning of our infancy and before the invention of religions ,through all time to see, which would go unchallenged...Regardless of what ever the populace thinks.

You know, originally, the purpose of religion, in my opinion, was more like a survival, and way of life guide s that was meant to be taught to, generation, after generation that would more or less ensure the survival of their descendants, where art work or intepration are more or less expressions of perceptions . Almost like an ancient practice of science long before it were considered as such.

Sure people, say if there was no religion, we'd be in space now, but we could of wiped our selves off even easier if we did, there would still be problems regardless.

Personally, I don't think acknowledging the existence of such things would make people resort to barbarism, maybe mysticism, and bring back some old plagues that have cursed humanity. Depends on the person(s).

the control falls victim to their own creation of limitations if they don't progress their control methods they get leapfrogged. Still doesn't change anything

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

My life and the purpose of life in general is the search of truth. It would be ironic if we finally get that truth and then we can't handle it. I, for one, would rather know.

Me too. Red or the Blue I can't remember I'll just take both.

edit on 16-3-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I think it would be pretty cool to know, and I wouldn't necessarily do anything different afterwards. Unfortunately everyone else isn't as zen as me.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would either revel in my guesses or enjoy the facts.
My EGO will be intact I will still function just fine.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
well I think it wouldn't make any difference , as the sphere of your understanding grows as does the surface area of the unknown!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman>>> My own take is that we didn't just evolve as human beings on our own, we had help along the way. That's not to say that a creator/ God didn't plan for us to be here all along or that we don't have souls. I think we do. Maybe aliens had a hand in our evolving, maybe we're a product of a lesser divine being that wanted us and we're allowed to be due to God's compassion. I don't know. I do think that the evolutionists are just as worried about our origins as are the creationists, no, make that much more so. Creationists have faith and have that without hard evidence. If the evolutionists are suddenly proven wrong, they'll lose all credibility. If science hates anything, its being proven wrong, being questioned and not being able to prove something. I wouldn't worry much about religions losing it, but the scientific communities and secular governments would suddenly find themselves losing the faith of the people and they might be dangerous if that happens.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I will be happy with just a cliff notes version of full disclosure and maybe even that will be quite a long read, the devil is in the details, maybe none of us will have the time to peruse and ponder upon it all.

If there will be a disclosure what format will it be? Will it be an on-line event, will it amount to more than a zetabyte of information in form of documents, maps, pictures, videos, audio recordings etc. Will there be a YouTube version narrated by Morgan Freeman and how many episodes will it take?... or will it be broadcasted telepathically?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Based on the responses to this thread alone, reception likely wouldn't be one of resounding postivity...

The fanatical religious cultures would likely call blasphemy. Some of the more extremist groups may declare a total Apocalypse as their jaded world views are swept out from under them.

The majority will likely ignore the revelation all together. Their psychological dissonance protecting their fragile perceptions of reality.

Me? It would simply confirm what I have strongly suspected all along.

One does not simply go from swinging in trees to building atom bombs in the span of 200,000 years. Not without "assistance".

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: tadaman>>> My own take is that we didn't just evolve as human beings on our own, we had help along the way. That's not to say that a creator/ God didn't plan for us to be here all along or that we don't have souls. I think we do. Maybe aliens had a hand in our evolving, maybe we're a product of a lesser divine being that wanted us and we're allowed to be due to God's compassion. I don't know. I do think that the evolutionists are just as worried about our origins as are the creationists, no, make that much more so. Creationists have faith and have that without hard evidence. If the evolutionists are suddenly proven wrong, they'll lose all credibility. If science hates anything, its being proven wrong, being questioned and not being able to prove something. I wouldn't worry much about religions losing it, but the scientific communities and secular governments would suddenly find themselves losing the faith of the people and they might be dangerous if that happens.

Just between us those are all kind of the same thing. And evolution, its kind of, its complicated as #.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The truth itself is a forgotten language. If you never lie you cannot be lied to. Truth is more powerful than you've been led to believe. Study it all and you'll see the common thread. Live in truth and see the truth in everything. We haven't been lied to we've misunderstood things that have been difficult I the past to communicate. The first step is right here right now.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

Wow. That is something I really believe. This rings so true to me. I just wanted to say that. Good thought.

edit on 3 18 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Godthief

Wow. That is something I really believe. This rings so true to me. I just wanted to say that. Good thought.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

John Paul II already answered in the name of the modern Catholic Christianity. He said Darwin explained the biological creation/evolution, while the Spirit comes from God.

Although we know Darwin doesn't stand the test of time and science, the acknowledgement of now Saint John Paul II should make the believers think again when they claim the Genesis is 100% accurate. It is symbolic. It is not wrong but it is also not exactly what happened.

Whether the gene manipulators of Adam and Eve were anunaki or someone else, we are still to discover. That doesn't reject the belief in God, Bible, Jesus and the Gospels. That only adds new info to what we already have. For whoever wants to believe beyond the Galileo model and the 6-day-creationism.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Although we know Darwin doesn't stand the test of time and science, the acknowledgement of now Saint John Paul II should make the believers think again when they claim the Genesis is 100% accurate.

You mean believers in the papacy's infallibility, right?
Because for the majority of believers, Karol Józef Wojtyła's opinions are just that.
And even then, I'd like to have his exact quote, seeing how easily words can be interpreted and their meanings derived.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: soekvg
I think it would be pretty cool to know, and I wouldn't necessarily do anything different afterwards. Unfortunately everyone else isn't as zen as me.
I'll tell you. Face to face though just to keep tyre meagre clear.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
well I think it wouldn't make any difference , as the sphere of your understanding grows as does the surface area of the unknown!

You are saying this experience is inconsequential; not making a difference, at the same time saying something is (has to be) at work here that relegates a CHANGE force.
edit on 19-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join