It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

If we get full disclosure on our origin, how would you react?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

i wont care because its irrelevant. and what disclosure? are you trying to say the conjecture that we were made by aliens? pleez. we were made by a universe that is programmed to make life. life is everywhere. its always gonna be everywhere.

just one opinion out of billions, i dont think yours matters as much as the OP's dont matter to you.
edit on 15-3-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
a reply to: tadaman

I mean sure. If it made sense and the evidence lined up properly I wouldn't have any problem accepting that. Though a lot of "if's" have to line up first.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM

A better question to ponder is what will you think, do, look like; when you're kneeling in front of the Almighty answering for all your actions and not accepting the truth that has been shown to you every day of your life.

Apologies for my horrible punctuation. I can only blame myself.
edit on 15-3-2016 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:54 AM
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

I heard that it hurts the whole time you are ding from it.

But if it hurts, the pain is what makes you kill yourself.

If pain is revealed and you are brave, or rather honest, It becomes power. Wanting power hurts.

How about that?

Who would have thunk.

edit on 3 15 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:01 PM
To be honest it wouldn't make a difference to me at all

They / whoever could say that I flew out of a frogs ass for all I care

I still gotta find my mortgage money every month ....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
I wouldn't react at all.

It wouldn't change the state of my life.

I'd probably be more concerned about other people freaking out at having their worldview shattered.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:18 PM

Interesting questions.
One of the movies related to this topic 'Prometheus', really rang a bell with me. It's basically about what you described in your OP.

If that was the case though, I would still think that there was a creator.
So let's say aliens experimented around and created us.
Who created them?
I'd likely ask them that question and see if they know, and probably go from there.

Ps: I'd also have a big darn "I Told You So" party. Everyone's invited.

(My apologies if this has already been brought up, I didn't have time to read all pages, will do so this weekend.)

edit on 15-3-2016 by Harut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:21 PM
Well if they disclose it to me. I guess it has to be personal as otherwise they don't disclose it to me.
I first off all wouldn't believe it as any other alien race or whatever beings can claim that. But if they somehow convince me it is reality I would ask for a complain form because the product they delivered is either broken or faulty or didn't get all the accessories needed to function properly or for last the operating system has not been installed right as they don't operate as they should. So I want a refund.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM

originally posted by: tadaman
Here is something that just popped in my head,

We always talk of ego and the I AM I AM absolute of being.

Well, what if one day we get full disclosure and we are told what many people like myself have been saying.

What if we are told that 1, God is not the one who made us explicitly, not like Adam and Eve in the Garden.

What if 2, it is revealed that we are a genetic ancient alien mess of (insert your contradictory origin theory)

What ever you think it is, if we are told that our origin is not founded in evolution or God. That we are a genetic experiment or whatever and that the God or gods who made us were just like us? /not like how we thought?

Would you be able to live with that? Would you doubt the extraordinary evidence offered to support these extraordinary claims?

Would you then start to think of humans as possible future Gods to creatures we could make, just like we were made?

How would you react? Would you still think of a GOD in the sense of something greater than previously thought? Would you seek to find that essence of GOD and his nature since the hunch you have wouldnt be squared away even if all that was answered?

Feel free to answer one, all or none of these questions.

What are your thoughts about full disclosure about our origin?

THEY say we would tear ourselves apart, stop caring and revert to barbarism. I think they would just lose control of us. Do you agree with them or me?

Doesn't matter. None of it changes the fact that I'm here. What that amounts to will matter to no one but me, so even if it's only for my own peace of mind, I do my best or at least get better at it. I'd rather not waste my flicker of existence bemoaning the futility of it.

Here's a fun video about how much any of this matters.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:40 PM

originally posted by: tadaman
Would you be able to live with that?

Sure. Where you come from is not nearly as important as where you're going.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
i have already had " full disclosure of my origins " :

my parents had sex

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:49 PM

originally posted by: Blueracer
What will you do when we never get "full disclosure"? And who has the authority to do so anyway? How would they know?

This. I'll never understand why conspiracy theorists always believe SOMEONE has the answer to everything, let alone this unknowable piece of history.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:19 PM

Ok so I’ve put off replying to this. It is an interesting question, though there are a couple of problems here.

(a) “Full disclosure” implies that there is some sort of conspiracy hiding our origins. Perhaps you mean “discovery of the truth” or some similar phrase? I don’t know.
(b) It would take someone discovering the truth, and being able to effectively communicate this to the mass of humanity. All 7 billion or so of us.

Ok so “full disclosure” from me. I am a non-Abrahamic spiritual type. I have no belief that “God” created us. So it would not affect me in the slightest to be told he did not. I am also a scientist by training and work. Part of my training is in bioinformatics, which includes genomics, and genomics includes interests in evolution. SO yes I believe that evolution is the truth for speciation on the planet, and that here are several hypotheses for how life started. None of those involve a deity (and yes my faith does not have an “all life came from here myth)>

Ok disclosure aside.

A spiritual belief in how life (and or the universe) started, is what is known as an unverifiable gnosis. Probably as shared one here, so USG (Unverifiable shared Gnosis). What this means is that you can never prove (or disprove) that a deity created life. Sorry but you can not. Its shared as a great many Abrahamic folks are out there, and a gnosis, is a spiritual bit of knowledge. So it is not something you can prove or disprove.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:23 PM

I'd shrug .. and then carry on !

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:48 PM

Well if I don't have faith then yes faith is not there.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
If you like the topic of ORIGINS - You're going to LOVE our current ATS Short Story Competition!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:03 PM
a reply to: argentus

I can handle it -- whatever it is. I just want to know the truth. There have been various theories throughout the years. They are interesting and inventive. I don't know how we could get a sense of the whole truth, unless it came from the source. Let's suppose 'others' landed and gave us both disclosure of 'others' and our origins. That would be strong evidence that I could live with.

Would the disclosure need to be staged by the source every week or would records satisfy the curiosity of future generations?

I believe origins weren't a mystery at first, then were disclosed when the crowd had gotten too comfortably numb and enslaved to believe the "stories" thereof.

Disclosed to a large enough crowd with enough proof that others would remember it through their generations.

Pixel or it didn't happen vs thou shalt not make graven images & c.

I can find a video of an alien disclosing our origins, but would that be satisfactory? I hope not.
He'd have to physically show up and at least make the seas part or something.

Would everybody witness it?
Would you believe it from seeing it on live television?
Would you be more likely to believe it if your parents ordered their life by the encounter as had their parents before them?

Maybe n generations ago, people were monkey enough to be tricked into not committing adultery, murder or theft, slicing off their thing and not working on seventh days by conmen, but after quite an intense bit of isolated reflection I think not.

This would mean disclosure happened a while back, and that even then some did remember by tradition only, as Abe's mystery gynaecologist for instance.

Just a stranger's p.o.v., and if "young" earth theory is preposterous, see how the age of the earth is calculated by your teacher, then try this:

It takes thirty-three powers of two to have the current population estimate.
USCB estimates population worldwide doubled between 1960 and 2000 AD, so in forty years.
While it is reasonable to estimate that prior population growth was slowed down with hardship now solved -or largely curbed in the case of bear attacks and famine-, thousands of years seem more reasonable than millions.
[(33 x 40= 1320), if the average was a little above four times slower despite higher fertility and more available land we have a bingo]

One can have 98% pure isotopic carbon on a stick, that isn't not from the future.
Rock formation happens within observable time frames, check your sidewalk for a concrete example.

The origin of species isn't other species any more than the origin of planets is other planets.
Fossils of legged armed serpents fit the narrative nicely too, as do other extinguished species.

Sharing knowledge of disclosure makes me look like a self-righteous bigot and I still do it, for profit.

Of course some prefer to think the origins are explosion and soup, or cosmic neighbours or computers, or something else entirely and it's anyone's right to do so.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:11 AM

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i have already had " full disclosure of my origins " :

my parents had sex

Ha, yeah, this too. Protohumans bumping fuzzies. Bloodhound gang knows.
edit on 16-3-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:58 PM
I won't care, as long as it's proven to be true and not just the government dictating what they think they want us to hear. I doubt the government ever gives us FULL disclosure on anything. They will always hide what they think we don't need to know even if they fill us in on the basic idea.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I don't think we need or will ever will be told. What we need is a worldwide acceptance of that which I know to be obviously true.

The only last piece we need is the details and specifics.
If you put tha powers that be together I one room they can't hash out the details amongst themselves. I fear we would continue the same course with different vocab words.
But...for more is necessary......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>