It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we get full disclosure on our origin, how would you react?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Mother Teresa was not weak or passive either... she was a very brave lady who faced death head on... and how and why did she do this? That's right... She did it out of love a greater love of others than herself... She was not a hermit devoting every waking minute in servitude to others...

I have to disagree on your take on "mother" Theresa. She was a cathlic nun and what that is all about one can do some research about. Submitting to the theocrasy of the cathlic church, as a woman, is not a sign of intelligence. And hanging out in India, like she did, pretending to be a "force for good" while being a slave of some disgusting hierarchie, is not a sign of being a healty human being. And being against protection, like condoms, while dealing with poverty in India, is just mean, deluded and cruel.

Here is Christopher Hitchins....

Christopher Hitchens - Mother Teresa: Hell's Angel:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-3-2016 by Willingly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Gothmog

THAT is a possibility. I dont know if we learned this was the truth that we wouldnt get angry with who ever won and condemned us to our fate here.

Imagine. WHAT? You did what to us? We were this kick ass civilization with all these nice comforts and capabilities and knowledge.....and you guys reverted us to primitive beings for eons?

This means war!

LOL

Star. And we still are the bad guys...look around

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

What ever you think it is, if we are told that our origin is not founded in evolution or God.

Ding, ding!

Like, Duh… (chicken or egg, flower or seed), cryo frozen embryos , DNA and seeds… lots of seeds.

Its always (imo) been evident to me that life was brought here from somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I would be glad to say trust your heart... but I can't help but wonder if you listen to it?

If I did not I would never make it to my next mistake. LOL

I always respected her strength. Its not easy to care for the forgotten of the world. It is thankless. She was thanked but would always rather people help her instead of praising her.

No BS type woman for sure.

I understand that some hold reservations with anything Catholic, rightly so. Still though, she was happy to serve regardless of who the master was, since her service was to the unwanted and the forgotten, not to the church.

I would imagine that the mother Teresas would react to disclosure by saying "aliens yeah yeah, who cares, how about you help me get this kid some food and medicine".

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Here is something that just popped in my head,

We always talk of ego and the I AM I AM absolute of being.

Well, what if one day we get full disclosure and we are told what many people like myself have been saying.

What if we are told that 1, God is not the one who made us explicitly, not like Adam and Eve in the Garden.

What if 2, it is revealed that we are a genetic ancient alien mess of (insert your contradictory origin theory)

What ever you think it is, if we are told that our origin is not founded in evolution or God. That we are a genetic experiment or whatever and that the God or gods who made us were just like us? /not like how we thought?

Would you be able to live with that? Would you doubt the extraordinary evidence offered to support these extraordinary claims?

Would you then start to think of humans as possible future Gods to creatures we could make, just like we were made?

How would you react? Would you still think of a GOD in the sense of something greater than previously thought? Would you seek to find that essence of GOD and his nature since the hunch you have wouldnt be squared away even if all that was answered?

Feel free to answer one, all or none of these questions.

What are your thoughts about full disclosure about our origin?

EDIT TO ADD:
THEY say we would tear ourselves apart, stop caring and revert to barbarism. I think they would just lose control of us. Do you agree with them or me?

You haven't noticed that we are already living in a state of barbarism?

You haven't noticed that we have evolved ourselves with a desire to be controlled?

That if we stop being controlled by some fluke, that in a panic we find something else to control us?

Really?

Kev

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

No I have. I have.

I am just trying to get the old juices flowing in peoples heads. Its good to counteract all that.

LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I always respected her strength. Its not easy to care for the forgotten of the world. It is thankless. She was thanked but would always rather people help her instead of praising her. No BS type woman for sure. I understand that some hold reservations with anything Catholic, rightly so. Still though, she was happy to serve regardless of who the master was, since her service was to the unwanted and the forgotten, not to the church.

Get your sh!t together, dude! That woman, called mother Theresa, was not a force for good in the world at all. And it can be proven easily by just KNOWING that nothing a cathlic nun does can even remotely be of some value for all true real humanity, BECAUSE she, as the representation of what woman are all about in that church, served a disgusting patriarchical system because she, herself, was born in (intellectual) poverty and had no other choise, other than serving some system that enslaves people by pretending to serve them.

Not to talk about sexual abuse by cathlic professionals as being a fact...

Here is Louis C.K on what the cathlic church is all about...(Attention! This might be some sort of humor called sarcasm, where some nasty words and guestures are being used to make a point):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Still wouldnt make evolution false, rather just alter our understanding of history.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

Dude,

she lived to help people who were forgotten by every force of good you would say trumped her,

She was a nun, ok. The effect, she fed kids who were hungry, gave healing and medicine to the sick

and LOVED, genuinely loved people who had not been so much as hugged by their mothers for being born with a deformity or what ever caused them to be cast aside by society.

When was the last time you LOVED a homeless man? Talked, comforted, received their pain and made them feel good for existing? Has any force of good you would say is truly good done this?

She is evil because of this?

Your hatred of the Church blinds you. I dont like the church either, but honestly....PERSPECTIVE man. Dont lose it.

It could be the Church of Odin for all I care. She tried to help others and did so selflessly.

edit on 3 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

She was a nun, ok. The effect, she fed kids who were hungry, gave healing and medicine to the sick and LOVED, genuinely loved people who had not been so much as hugged by their mothers for being born with a deformity or what ever caused them to be cast aside by society.

How do you know for sure she LOVED the people she seem to deal with in India? What prove to you have she realy LOVED them, other than enjoying their pain as someone who did not know better and actually increased the suffering by what she did NOT do, which is: EMPOWERING woman to be independent of such crap as the cathic church is dealing in.

When was the last time you LOVED a homeless man?

I once let a homeless man live in my appartement. Have you done that too? I actually did it more than once. One of them was a guy from Puerto Rico, who came here to support his children and was denied by the mother of his children as being a real men, because she earned the money and he was a care-taker only, in her eyes. So she lost respect for him. But anyway...

Your hatred of the Church blinds you. I dont like the church either, but honestly....PERSPECTIVE man. Dont lose it.

I don't need no church. I deal in true real community. No church is need for that.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

Ok.

I dont like the church either. What proof do you have she didnt. Thats a pretty big accusation. SHE ENJOYED THEIR PAIN?

The world over is lying about her motives?

Ok.

Any hoot. If we had disclosure we can celebrate that people like her would have these doubts removed from her and her ability to help others would be augmented.

I do think it would end religious proprietary ownership of all things good.

Good on you for helping the homeless.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I dont like the church either. What proof do you have she didnt. Thats a pretty big accusation. SHE ENJOYED THEIR PAIN?

A MOTHER is only a mother if she indeed does have children. Else she is just not. And the same goes for being a father. I think most regular, non-religious people would agree on that SIMPLE fact. I'm not a mother, because I have no children. And to claim otherwise would be claiming something I know nothing about.

Good on you for helping the homeless.

Good on you too, for doing what ever you did as a human being to help another human being because that is what humans do.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The answers you seek are found in the questions you ask.

Pretty cool, eh?

My zen for the day contemplating what to have for lunch.

Seems to work for most anything.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i wont care because its irrelevant. and what disclosure? are you trying to say the conjecture that we were made by aliens? pleez. we were made by a universe that is programmed to make life. life is everywhere. its always gonna be everywhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

It will not make the slightest difference to my outlook.

If it were proven that the world was made in six days by God, I would be seriously worried, because it would mean that all we appear to know about reality is wrong.

But that will never happen. Creationism is Fictionism.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My life and the purpose of life in general is the search of truth.

Easily the funniest thing I've seen on ATS in weeks.

You are one of this board's premier fantasies.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

It will not make the slightest difference to my outlook.

If it were proven that the world was made in six days by God, I would be seriously worried, because it would mean that all we appear to know about reality is wrong.

But that will never happen. Creationism is Fictionism.

I think an angel just lost their wings from you saying that. :/

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I would welcome full hardcore disclosure, the type that would allegedly shatter reality for the weaker minded. Let us pick up the pieces and form them in the right way afterwards.

This reminds me of one of the greatest posts ATS has which I think holds some relevancy here.

I've been in therapy for years working on my persistent delusion that I am a mutant monkey prematurely thrust into self awareness, enslaved by a complex system of economics and socializing primarily through a double blind set up involving binary codes and personalities that may or may not be differentiated from "me."

Baddogma

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

i would go about my daily business as normal, as this is what my "instincts" tell me anyway. It will just confirm what i already beilve and carry on an other day, maybe bring out popcorn and watch how others react.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I welcome a truth that can kill someone just by thinking about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join