It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we get full disclosure on our origin, how would you react?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

yes, I do now.

I would be happy and eager to spread the word!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

So without that faith you would lose all faith?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

i always knew liberals were the product of mad scientist aliens.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

I am a fan of bidet. I wish we had those in the sates-LOL

I have felt that before. The thought of this being all an experiment. The feeling of being observed in a VR chamber by people who cant wait to see my face when I wake up.

I dont know. That would shatter my world more than anything validating the VR environment.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly

I go with Douglas Adams. I think what he wanted us to know is: This is just a laboratory event. Don't worry, sh!tty poetry will be delivered anytime soon by creepy monsters who love poetry as much as we do, but don't know how to rhyme.
Also...imagine how we would feel after..... without the invention of toilet-paper.

Without the invention of toilet-paper? My good man, such a more than perfunctory exercise such as cleaning ones bits requires no more than one to grabbit a rabbit.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

This is a political issue? Or did you get the wrong thread?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
What if we are told that 1, God is not the one who made us explicitly, not like Adam and Eve in the Garden.

Being 'told' of something is a stretch from being proven something, but I'll assume you mean 'proven'.

In which case I would instantaneously change my current position, that we are merely a product of evolution, and like everything else in biology, are simply a transitional glimpse between one species to the next.

What if 2, it is revealed that we are a genetic ancient alien mess of (insert your contradictory origin theory)

Then I would instantaneously change my current position, that we are merely a product of evolution, and like everything else in biology, are simply a transitional glimpse between one species to the next.

It would also lead me to question a lot of other things, like where these 'aliens' or what have you came from, and how they altered our DNA.

What ever you think it is, if we are told that our origin is not founded in evolution or God. That we are a genetic experiment or whatever and that the God or gods who made us were just like us? /not like how we thought?

It's not a matter of 'how we thought', it's the fact that we have an incredible amount of evidence that shows that we had once diverged from an ancestral species.

But I get what you mean.

Would you be able to live with that?

Absolutely. What would change? All that would be different is our more accurate understanding.

I don't hold some sacred attachment to our scientific explanation of the origin of humanity. If we stumble upon ANY explanation that is more accurate, I will instantaneously accept that more accurate version if proven valid.

Would you doubt the extraordinary evidence offered to support these extraordinary claims?

If it has a valid foundation and is testable and verifiable, no, I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Would you then start to think of humans as possible future Gods to creatures we could make, just like we were made?

No. Because 'god' isn't just something that can create living organisms. We could argue that metaphorically we could become gods, but what's stopping us from achieving that without this weird origin-of-humanity story?

How would you react?

Here's a enactment of how I would react:

"hmm. Interesting."

Would you still think of a GOD in the sense of something greater than previously thought?

I don't hold any beliefs in gods currently, so no.

Would you seek to find that essence of GOD and his nature since the hunch you have wouldnt be squared away even if all that was answered?

What 'hunch'? I thought you stated that the hypothetical question was that something proved that the origin of humanity was something other than god?

My concept of god would remain the same, that being: "likely non-existent"

THEY say we would tear ourselves apart, stop caring and revert to barbarism. I think they would just lose control of us. Do you agree with them or me?

Who is they?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

was humor among someone i hold in a good regard, or an online friend, sorry it offended you.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Say Earth's living material is a product of evolution. Humans screwed up their existence on Mars. Some benevolent extra-earthly species says, "Let's give them another chance on Earth". Now both systems are cross contaminated. Thoughts?

Yes, my thoughts are: What if certain life-forms, who now walk in human meat-suits, have screwed up not just Mars, but a whole galaxy already. What difference would THAT concept make, regarding the origin of some kind of species? And what kind of species screwed it all up?...would be the next question, I guess.

Screwing up Mars only is kindergarten. But screwing up a whole galaxy is expert-level in being some sh!tty mess of a species....I say.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You got me with the THEY bit. There is no "they" to me, though many use this to describe powers beyond their explanation, or need for an explanation.

What I meant as far as a hunch about God was more for those who hold religious belief. I wonder if new religions would emerge or if the old ones would die hard. or not.

I like to rock on without religion as one poster put it. I do hold spirituality.

I would want to study the creators or what have you in their spirituality.

edit on 3 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Here is something that just popped in my head,

We always talk of ego and the I AM I AM absolute of being.

Well, what if one day we get full disclosure and we are told what many people like myself have been saying.

What if we are told that 1, God is not the one who made us explicitly, not like Adam and Eve in the Garden.

What if 2, it is revealed that we are a genetic ancient alien mess of (insert your contradictory origin theory)

What if, (3), information received from "aliens" were no less fallible than our own opinions?
People always seem to assume that any alien disclosure would be inherently true and correct. There's no logical reason to accept that a priori.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147
What I meant as far as a hunch about God was more for those who hold religious belief. I wonder if new religions would emerge or if the old ones would die hard. or not.

They certainly would not 'die hard'. There's enough evidence of naturally occurring origins for just about everything and contradictions within religions and logical fallacies within religions, so on and so forth to easily come to the conclusion that any and all religions are just ridiculous.

Yet, they still exist, and they exist not because there isn't enough going against them, but because there's childhood indoctrination, there's desperate people looking for hope, there's a natural desire to grasp to and form religions, and there are also small populations of people whom simply aren't intelligent enough to comprehend the information that contradicts their religious beliefs to ever be convinced otherwise.

There will always be religion, unfortunately.

But, there will also be ways, such as through education and freedom of information, that can have the power to drastically reduce their population.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I would love to know. I don;t know about the 'us becoming Gods thing'. I would just be very happy to know.

Thank you for asking the question. S&F.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

People always seem to assume that any alien disclosure would be inherently true and correct. There's no logical reason to accept that a priori.

Yes, and who is alien to what and why? That's what I wanna know.

edit on 14-3-2016 by Willingly because: can-can...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I for one would be relived by a revelation such as this.

Perhaps it could even bring peace from religious turmoil as everyone one would be wrong at least in the human origin and their actual concept of God. Spirituality on the other hand might even be confirmed from our contact with our creators or totally shot down.

At least we could start moving forward as a species instead of fighting about the past.

Exactly! That would be a great help!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Smartazz!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

i think even if a god or alien made us there is always a being higher. The true god is the All father or existence its self.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Who the hell is gonna disclose that and what will they use for proof?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

i think even if a god or alien made us there is always a being higher. The true god is the All father or existence its self.

I can see that. Going through many phases. Religious, philosophical, scientific. IMO "god" is mathematics. Existence itself. All of us. Just "what is".

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Who the hell is gonna disclose that and what will they use for proof?

Most of us hope the government (whatever country you live in) will or the UN. Mexico has been pretty open about reporting UFOs and saying 'we don't know what the hell this is!", and I think Brazil as well.

The hope is that governments like that will cause other governments to do the same and eventually cause the US or Russia or China or the UK to disclose and provide proof.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join