It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we get full disclosure on our origin, how would you react?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is something that just popped in my head,

We always talk of ego and the I AM I AM absolute of being.

Well, what if one day we get full disclosure and we are told what many people like myself have been saying.

What if we are told that 1, God is not the one who made us explicitly, not like Adam and Eve in the Garden.

What if 2, it is revealed that we are a genetic ancient alien mess of (insert your contradictory origin theory)

What ever you think it is, if we are told that our origin is not founded in evolution or God. That we are a genetic experiment or whatever and that the God or gods who made us were just like us? /not like how we thought?

Would you be able to live with that? Would you doubt the extraordinary evidence offered to support these extraordinary claims?

Would you then start to think of humans as possible future Gods to creatures we could make, just like we were made?

How would you react? Would you still think of a GOD in the sense of something greater than previously thought? Would you seek to find that essence of GOD and his nature since the hunch you have wouldnt be squared away even if all that was answered?

Feel free to answer one, all or none of these questions.

What are your thoughts about full disclosure about our origin?

EDIT TO ADD:
THEY say we would tear ourselves apart, stop caring and revert to barbarism. I think they would just lose control of us. Do you agree with them or me?

edit on 3 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What will you do when we never get "full disclosure"? And who has the authority to do so anyway? How would they know?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I would do as I do now. Thats simple. We arent getting any disclosure.

I think the evidence would make the messenger irrelevant. Also, it would take generations to fully hatch it out since it took centuries to hide it.

We would have more messengers than we would know how to scrutinize. The facts would do the talking.

edit on 3 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Here is something that just popped in my head,

We always talk of ego and the I AM I AM absolute of being.

Well, what if one day we get full disclosure and we are told what many people like myself have been saying.

What if we are told that 1, God is not the one who made us explicitly, not like Adam and Eve in the Garden.

What if 2, it is revealed that we are a genetic ancient alien mess of (insert your contradictory origin theory)

What ever you think it is, if we are told that our origin is not founded in evolution or God. That we are a genetic experiment or whatever and that the God or gods who made us were just like us? /not like how we thought?

Would you be able to live with that? Would you doubt the extraordinary evidence offered to support these extraordinary claims?

Would you then start to think of humans as possible future Gods to creatures we could make, just like we were made?

How would you react? Would you still think of a GOD in the sense of something greater than previously thought? Would you seek to find that essence of GOD and his nature since the hunch you have wouldnt be squared away even if all that was answered?

Feel free to answer one, all or none of these questions.

What are your thoughts about full disclosure about our origin?

EDIT TO ADD:
THEY say we would tear ourselves apart, stop caring and revert to barbarism. I think they would just lose control of us. Do you agree with them or me?

My initial reaction for reasons yet..de facto not properly understood, would be to grab a banana.

edit on 14-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I don't think we need or will ever will be told. What we need is a worldwide acceptance of that which I know to be obviously true.

The only last piece we need is the details and specifics.

But...for me...no more is necessary......

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I guess it would depend on what was actually disclosed.
Holographic universe, electric universe, God, a dream, an accident...
Lots of ideas out there.

Oh aliens too...
edit on 3142016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I for one would be relived by a revelation such as this.

Perhaps it could even bring peace from religious turmoil as everyone one would be wrong at least in the human origin and their actual concept of God. Spirituality on the other hand might even be confirmed from our contact with our creators or totally shot down.

At least we could start moving forward as a species instead of fighting about the past.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The question is will you believe ? 🐚

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

My life and the purpose of life in general is the search of truth. It would be ironic if we finally get that truth and then we can't handle it. I, for one, would rather know.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What if we already had disclosure since thousands of years?

How can we really know?

I know I can believe, and I choose to believe in love and there is only one thing that encourages me to do so.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I would welcome the revelations included in disclosure. Man has historically wondered as to his/her origins, and every tribe has created and passed down lore to explain their version to younger generations. I don't believe as past government agencies have projected, we would run screaming in the streets among chaos if told of contact via disclosure.

Would it impact my faith if it were revealed Christianity and other religions "got it wrong"? I don't believe so, but I'll cross that bridge when it ever gets here.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

My life and the purpose of life in general is the search of truth. It would be ironic if we finally get that truth and then we can't handle it. I, for one, would rather know.

Then join me in a banana, then we can chew on it... fancy a Cashew or three?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I go with Douglas Adams. I think what he wanted us to know is: This is just a laboratory event. Don't worry, sh!tty poetry will be delivered anytime soon by creepy monsters who love poetry as much as we do, but don't know how to rhyme.

And in the very end, "it's just a ride..."

Also...imagine how we would feel after..... without the invention of toilet-paper.

And never forget to praise Frank Zappa!

edit on 14-3-2016 by Willingly because: Just don't eat the yello snow...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't believe in God anyway.. I am an Atheist. and I have accepted who I am, as I have made myself who I am, imho. My 44 yrs. on this rock, is, my creation over time through experiences.. Good, bad... I'm white, I may, come from Africa.. I don't care. I'm going to roll with what I have, Live in the now.. and rock on. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If it were ancient aliens, then what was their origin? You see how ancient alien meddling in our gene pool isn't an answer, it just defers the question.

Also, if it were discovered that we had some genetic engineering in the dim past, does it actually change who we are or what we do, now?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If undeniable evidence is presented I will have no choice but to accept it. If somehow the Adam and Eve story was proven without a doubt to have been literal instead of allegorical, I would accept it. The reason I don't accept it as literal at this point is because evolution makes a lot more sense and has evidence to back it up.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If they can back it up sure. Would be kinda cool to say we are the product of mad scientist aliens though.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
What ever you think it is, if we are told that our origin is not founded in evolution or God.

That presupposes that there are only 2 options to this issues. There could be many variables. Check it:

Say Earth's living material is a product of evolution. Humans screwed up their existence on Mars. Some benevolent extra-earthly species says, "Let's give them another chance on Earth". Now both systems are cross contaminated. Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I tired to keep it simple but what I actually believe is more convoluted than I like to admit.

what you propose could be that exactly.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps this is what is keeping any sort of disclosure from our generations at least.

We are stuck in the past and lost in ignorance so why would they trust us?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join