It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump gives supporters permission to say/do what they want

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: introvert
I thought the same thing when Obama rose to power. How can a group of people that hate Obama for his faux message of "Hope and Change", turn around and fall for the same line of garbage?

Are people really this stupid to fall for the same tactic just because he has a R behind his name?

I've explained this before, I believe directly to you, even.

The two leading GOP candidate each represent electoral middle fingers. Trump is the People's finger, telling a broken system "Hey, go screw you!" Cruz is the middle finger of God, essentially providing a segment of Christian America with a shot at telling what they see as a Godless system or heathens, "Hey, go smite yourselves!"

With either of them, there are two possible outcomes.
1. Successful delivery on promises: Supporters get what we want.
2. Failure to deliver on promises: Supporters set this system to burn.

None of the other candidates have that working for them... because they promise low, delivery of disappointment will simply equal a continuation of the political and personal economic malaise America is currently inflicted with.

Do I believe Trump's message? I want to. Do I believe Trump represents change, one way or another, oh hell yes I do.

I respect your opinion, but I fail to see how that is any different than the "Hope and Change" Obama represented.

It's only a change in rhetoric and talking points to appease to the opposing ideology.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Sanders isn't funded by any of them. Trump claims he supports his own campaign but so far he only gave a little more than $250k, the rest is a small loan of a million(s) dollars and donations. He has two donation buttons on his website. And the end of the day he can use the donations left over to pay for the small campaign loan so essentially he's not funding his own campaign, he's counting on donations.

Now does he have big wealthy donors supporting him? I'd be hard pressed to think otherwise but who knows at this point in the game.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Why Chum Lee!!!!??!! Why???????!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack
a reply to: mOjOm

I feel like the protesters who dont know how to protest are to blame and there are prob alot of agent provocateurs. How come Trump always get blamed for his supporters, but Bernie and Hillary get none?

Aside from the ones who are violent how have the other protestors not protested correctly??? It's not like there are a whole lot of rules that dictate the correct way to Protest something. People keep saying that as if Protestors are meant to follow some set of rules or be invited over to the event that they protest. But if that is how it worked that wouldn't exactly be a protest now would it??

One difference is that Trump says stuff to his supporters like "Knock the Crap out of them" or "I'd like to punch them in the face" or he throws them out into the freezing weather without their jacket and jokes about it. Nobody else is doing stuff like that. Sanders was literally singing "This land is our land" with his supporters at his rally. Yuuuge difference wouldn't you say??

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
a reply to: mOjOm

Sometimes long links can get broken if you just copy paste them here. It works if you copy it and paste it in your browser or well, just click on this for it to work correctly. this

Thank you!!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly. Trump is making America backwards again.

Let's all remember, has their been any violence at any other rally besides Trumps?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No, you get with it. Sanders doesn't accept Super Pac support. He doesn't accept monies from the wealthy and relies only on small donations and he's breaking records in fund raising. His average donation is in the ball park of thirty bucks.

If he's elected one of his first orders of business is to dismantle Citizens United.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thankfully, most Americans didn't see toughness as being foolhardiness. Trump is tough, but he's no fool. It's time to show the world and ourselves, what we're capable of accomplishing when there isn't a politically correct wimp running the USA.

I think Gary Johnson my friend and exboss of the Libertarian party nailed Trump with the appropriate metaphor.....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: xuenchen
I predict major civil unrest before the RNC and DNC conventions.

Somebody is putting big money forward to agitate the voters.

Lots of people falling for the failures too.

Soros and the Queen of England want chaos...that leads to order...NWO.

Trump and his supporters just want our country back...

No one really knows who is behind this push to disorder. You can guess, but others will name 25 other people or organizations.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I respect your opinion, but I fail to see how that is any different than the "Hope and Change" Obama represented.

It's only a change in rhetoric and talking points to appease to the opposing ideology.

You're dealing with a different demographic and different issues. Neither Trump nor Cruz are peddling hope or change. Both are pushing a return to a bygone era. Obama promised to give people things... redistributed wealth, health care, a redefined America... Those types of promises are easy to under-deliver on while still giving just enough to appease the Kept Voter base and prevent wholesale angst. Trump particularly, and Cruz to a lesser degree, are running on promises to STOP doing things... stop lax enforcement on illegal aliens, stop kowtowing to the UN, stop overtaxing the Americans stuck between "FU money" and qualifying for breaks, stop remolding America into a progressive bizzarro nation none of us can identify with... that's an all or nothing promise and there's no appeasement short of actually doing it.

Now, do you think for an instant if Obama had cut his Kept Voters off from the tax payers' teats this country wouldn't have been tested by fire? Not because the Meal Ticket was stopped, but because the promised dowry in exchange for the support was stopped.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Let's all remember, has their been any violence at any other rally besides Trumps?

No. No sanders/BLM groups have beaten any police officers at any other rallies.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Sanders isn't funded by any of them. Trump claims he supports his own campaign but so far he only gave a little more than $250k, the rest is a small loan of a million(s) dollars and donations. He has two donation buttons on his website. And the end of the day he can use the donations left over to pay for the small campaign loan so essentially he's not funding his own campaign, he's counting on donations.

Now does he have big wealthy donors supporting him? I'd be hard pressed to think otherwise but who knows at this point in the game.

Correct. Not only will he pay back what he loaned to himself, the $250k number is important. That is the amount you can GIVE your campaign and take back.

link   
2016: a choice between Donald Trump and Goldman Sachs.

link   
a reply to: introvert

I admit, Obama seemed like a breathe of fresh air after Bush's reign and I was caught up in it. By his second term I already knew I was taken for a fool. Just another typical lying politician with empty promises. 2012 I supported Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No. No sanders/BLM groups have beaten any police officers at any other rallies.

You are right. They haven't.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Oliver Stone? When he runs for president I'll care. Do you deny they have a history together? What's the one thing billionaires all want?

More money, more power. They don't care about you. They don't care about making America great again.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

I admit, Obama seemed like a breathe of fresh air after Bush's reign and I was caught up in it. By his second term I already knew I was taken for a fool. Just another typical lying politician with empty promises. 2012 I supported Ron Paul.

Obama is a good president. He was up against a Republican deadlock that just stopped anything he wanted to do 'just because' and for no other reason.

On top of that, he had a fantastic team that sold more than he could deliver. He is a good man though. Intelligent, empathetic, very thoughtful. Maybe too thoughtful.

You were not taken for a fool.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Where's your proof?

Just look around you, does America remotely resemble anything close to Great right now?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

They went to a rally to protest. Yes they want to shut him down because they don't support him and didn't want him on their campus. Colleges kids, what can you do? Sometimes they think they're superman and can do anything. Turns out they accomplished their mission.

I do wonder how many college students were there in support? My guess, not many if any at all. Every article I read talks about Trump supports being so angry because they drove hours to see him. Haven't read any talking about college who were upset it was canceled.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So if they didn't show up and invade the building would there have been a problem?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join