It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump gives supporters permission to say/do what they want

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The Trump Campaign's Nasty Turn

PAUL WALDMAN MARCH 14, 2016
Trump gives his supporters permission to say and do what they want, no matter how ugly.

Disgraceful......
utterly disgraceful.

I am embarrassed for this country.

The last week has felt like an inflection point in the story of Donald Trump's run for the White House, when the undertone of hate and violence that has thrummed under his campaign became much louder and more explicit than it had been up until now.

There had been protests before, and ugly words and some pushing and shoving—not to mention encouragement from the man with the microphone. But something has changed, and become impossible for nearly anyone to ignore.

Every Trump rally now vibrates with the potential for violence, even more than they did before.

The rally that was cancelled in Chicago when the protesters who arrived numbered nearly as many as Trump's fans was a significant event.

But the most important moment may have come at the rally a few days before in Fayetteville, North Carolina, when a protester was being led out of the arena by police and an older man stepped forward and sucker-punched the young man in the head. "You bet I liked it," the assailant said afterward. "The next time we see him, we might have to kill him."

This is unacceptable.
It is barbarity - que barbaridad........
it is lunacy. It is savagery.

What is WRONG with people?????

edit on 3/14/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I predict major civil unrest before the RNC and DNC conventions.

Somebody is putting big money forward to agitate the voters.

Lots of people falling for the failures too.

(post by onequestion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

This is what I am most concerned about. I don't fear him winning the nomination (in fact, I hope the GOP doesn't sabotage it either way) but I feel he has taken us back decades.

We have been trying to crawl out of that shadow of "'Merica, _____ yeah" John Wayne fake cowboy bravado mentality for a long time. He's making us look like a caricature of ourselves... like a Yakov Smirnoff for America.

Maybe we deserve this, who knows?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I predict major civil unrest before the RNC and DNC conventions.

Somebody is putting big money forward to agitate the voters.

Lots of people falling for the failures too.

Soros and the Queen of England want chaos...that leads to order...NWO.

Trump and his supporters just want our country back...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Good maybe politicians should stop telling people what to do and handle the issues regardless of support.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Just the fact Trump is running is embarrassing enough let alone the fact he is getting a lot of support.....

It is quite surreal watching this whole event from afar.....

Trump will wind people up and the authorities will clamp down, he is an entertainer and he is giving the people what they want it is a little reminiscent to the fall of Rome, the people just need to be distracted....

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You don't think riots at rallies are "an issue"?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

This is what I am most concerned about. I don't fear him winning the nomination (in fact, I hope the GOP doesn't sabotage it either way) but I feel he has taken us back decades.

We have been trying to crawl out of that shadow of "'Merica, _____ yeah" John Wayne fake cowboy bravado mentality for a long time. He's making us look like a caricature of ourselves... like a Yakov Smirnoff for America.

Maybe we deserve this, who knows?

Well said.

Trump espouses an ideology who's time has long passed, but it appears many want to keep us chained to the burden of what we have already grown out of.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You don't think riots at rallies are "an issue"?

Riots what riots and how did the riot come to be?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

he is an entertainer and he is giving the people what they want it is a little reminiscent to the fall of Rome, the people just need to be distracted....

Agreed.

And it's a lot reminiscent to Jerry Springer writ large.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Chicago and Kansas City.
Google is your friend.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Bravo, Trump. Now a self entitled bully will certainly have to think twice.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Good maybe politicians should stop telling people what to do and handle the issues regardless of support.

Governments are "hired" by the people to help the country out and the people should tell their leader what they need done and what to do. The leader is supposed find ways to get the job done and make the citizens happy. When politicians are starting to tell people of what to do or not to do...that is totally Orwell textbook play and it won't work out for the people of the country so well.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Soros and the Queen of England want chaos...that leads to order...NWO.

Trump and his supporters just want our country back...

You're still not getting it though. If you can't admit that Trump and his Supporters aren't equally or partially to blame for what's going on it's only going to continue to get worse.

At the very least put equal blame on all sides or something. But claiming that Trump and his Supporters are "The Good Guys" who don't like this violence all you're doing is continuing this cycle.

I'm not trying to say that Trump is totally responsible for the actions of his supporters, especially for what they do or say when they aren't even at his rallies. But choosing to be blind to their part in this is has been part of the problem from the start and is what has caused it to get this far out of hand now.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

No the people who run this country are suppose to protect its constituents using the constitution as their bible not implement all these bull# laws and tell us how to live our lives.

This popular vote bull# is exactly that bull#.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Chicago and Kansas City.
Google is your friend.

You think it's that simple huh?

So did the Trump rally have a riot or did thousands of people show up and incite a violent situation?

You seem to be having a hard time seeing the truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Just the fact Trump is running is embarrassing enough let alone the fact he is getting a lot of support.....

It is quite surreal watching this whole event from afar.....

Trump will wind people up and the authorities will clamp down, he is an entertainer and he is giving the people what they want it is a little reminiscent to the fall of Rome, the people just need to be distracted....

Obama was an entertainer...a cheerleader for the country if you will...and he flushed the economy down the shift hole.

On the other side you have a business leader that wants to turn around a sinking ship...and you think he is just an entertainer??? Obama is the cause of the fall in the US...and Hilary would turn US into a utter disaster

I am your neighbour...I saw this happen from an objective view for almost 8 years...don't think I am brainwashed into this whole MSN/PC crap from the get go...because I wasn't.
edit on 14-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

No the people who run this country are suppose to protect its constituents using the constitution as their bible not implement all these bull# laws and tell us how to live our lives.

This popular vote bull# is exactly that bull#.

The people who run the country are sponsored by the ultra rich companies that want only what is in THEIR best interest and give the leaders chump change and a private jet to fly around in.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

"What is WRONG with people?"

Damn good question. Why in the hell do people go to political rallies, of someone they have no intention of voting for, to cause trouble?

I'm not so sure we will make it to election day before the the SHTF...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join