It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea leader says will soon conduct nuclear warhead test: KCNA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said his country would soon conduct a nuclear warhead test and test launch ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads, the official KCNA news agency reported on Tuesday.

Kim made the comments as he supervised a successful simulated test of atmospheric re-entry of a ballistic missile that measured the "thermodynamic structural stability of newly-developed heat-resisting materials," KCNA said.

"Declaring that a nuclear warhead explosion test and a test-fire of several kinds of ballistic rockets able to carry nuclear warheads will be conducted in a short time to further enhance the reliance of nuclear attack capability, he (Kim) instructed the relevant section to make prearrangement for them to the last detail," the agency said.

The report comes amid heightened tensions on the Korean peninsula as South Korean and U.S. troops stage annual military exercises that Seoul has described as the largest ever. The North has issued belligerent statements almost daily, after coming under new United Nations sanctions.

The United Nations Security Council imposed a new resolution to tighten sanctions against the North after a nuclear test in January and the launch of a long-range rocket last month.

U.S. and South Korean experts have said the general consensus was that North Korea had not yet successfully miniaturized a nuclear warhead to be mounted on an intercontinental ballistic missile. More crucially, the consensus is that there have been no tests to prove it has mastered the re-entry technology needed to bring a payload back into the atmosphere.

Kim said last week that his country had indeed miniaturized a nuclear warhead, however.

The North, which has conducted four nuclear tests, also claims to have successfully tested a hydrogen bomb in January, but most experts said the blast was too small to back up the assertion.

The North also says the satellites it has launched into orbit are functioning successfully, although that has never been independently verified.

North Korea leader says will soon conduct nuclear warhead test: KCNA

So here we go again ladies and gentlemen.

Seems Kimmy wants to up the stakes again whilst his country is surrounded by a huge "invasion" force (In his eyes)

I wonder what he has planned. I wonder where it will be tested. I wonder how many? .......and in what direction?

This guy has to be the biggest tool in the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

What will China do?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

he may feel like he has nothing left to lose (after latest sanctions). if that is the case these threats should be taken seriously..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hmmm, would he be "that mad" Surely not? Surely he knows any serious provocation i.e. actually targeting troops would be met with complete annihilation?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Join the button pressing party I would imagine? Surely it's within China's interest to tell this idiot enough is enough

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wish they would make up their minds, the preamble for the last few years is that they have made mininukes, so now back to the future.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Front row seats to the destruction of the North Korean government...

/grabs popcorn

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Scuse me X...ever hear of the frozen Chosin?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Front row seats to the destruction of the North Korean government...

/grabs popcorn

Popcorn? I have a rocking chair , a welder's helmet , and a bottle of Jack Daniel .Going out in style......Oops, forgot my $5 cigars

edit on 8201631080320168 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If you look back historically, lil Kim does this every march. Food supplies must be running low.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I wish they would make up their minds, the preamble for the last few years is that they have made mininukes, so now back to the future.

Yes and no. They claimed earlier to have miniature nuke tested but NOT standardized as a warhead.. That what next test is supposedly..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I reckon we should strap a few food parcels to a nice BIG ICBM. That should get the message across. Sick of giving that bloke my cash.

Might as well send him something else I paid for too

edit on 14-3-2016 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
a reply to: Xcathdra
Scuse me X...ever hear of the frozen Chosin?

Yup and N. Korea still failed.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The power of NK releasing 100s of thousands of immigrants to flood into China is what lil Kim holds over China to keep them in check.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

China will do nothing unless they are threatened. Holding their cards close the last decades. I speculate that their interests lay in the whole penninsula.

They would wipe out Kim and cross the parallel to an extent if push came to shove under the pretext they support NK.

Nk citizens and forces would be under control of China. A good win.

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 15-3-2016 by bally001 because: Another flamin spellin mistook.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Popcorn? I have a rocking chair , a welder's helmet , and a bottle of Jack Daniel .Going out in style......Oops, forgot my $5 cigars

I would have went all Cuban on that cigar...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Gothmog

I would have went all Cuban on that cigar...

Cant say.....Cuban was not allowed in the states. May be now though.Good thought. Checking now.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

China will do nothing unless they are threatened. Holding their cards close the last decades. I speculate that their interests lay in the whole penninsula.

China has had harsh words about NK here lately and have agreed that hard sanctions are needed and that NK nuke program needs to end. This doesn't work well for China as it brings the US into the area more militarily and China doesn't want that.

China cannot afford to have such an unstable fat man playing with nukes...the same thing with Russia.

The fact that China agreed to the UN sanctions show they are tired of the stupidity being shown by the NK leader.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Cheers, An interesting insight I hadn't thought about.

Bally

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I don't agree. China could have taken NK any day of the week. They want the income from agreements with NK. THOSE are sacrosanct to the delicate balance within that relationship.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join