It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't quote scriptures because I'm para-christian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
As a para-christian, a term I just invented today, because that term seem to fit my agenda, I now tell you what my agenda is (See...I admit I DO have an agenda!):

1.) To point out the miss-representation of The Divine in all (ancient) scriptures I came across so far.

2.) To re-establish confidence in oneself as a human being, under the premise of reason AND emotion "made into one".

3.) To point out that without humor all is meaningless and devoid of pleasure.

4.) To point out that established religions have failed to properly free the individual from the illusion that submitting to some god or deity (monotheistic or not) will change something for the better. Only right action will do the job.

5.) To point out that religion is not bad or evil or un-democratic/theocratic as such, but is miss-represented by most, if not all, established religious denominations because it's very nature is not about freedom but bondage.

6.) To free the individual from submitting to invisibile "forces" who don't seem to have the best intentions in mind for all sentient beings.

7.) To point out that we, as humanity, should keep the good stuff in what religions are all about, but at the same time should reject the crappy and nasty stuff they deal in.

Anybody want to shoot me for that? Give it a try. I'm para-christian. Nothing can touch me....literally....just try to touch me, dear nothing.

edit on 14-3-2016 by Willingly because: Fnut

edit on 14-3-2016 by Willingly because: Jammin'...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly

Anybody want to shoot me for that? Give it a try. I'm para-christian. Nothing can touch me....literally....just try to touch me, dear nothing.

OK. Nobody gives a crap....literally.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Then why telling me you don't give a crap? That's your take on what I said? Okay...may DEATH be your friend already. Because if you haven'd befriended DEATH already, you may will experience some...well...whatever...when your body-mind will vanish into dust.

Keep it comming, dude!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

7.) To point out that we, as humanity, should keep the good stuff in what religions are all about, but at the same time should reject the crappy and nasty stuff they deal in.

When you need someone to make that distinction. We can discuss my fee....

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

How much do you charge? But please keep in mind I'm an artist who is barely able to get some food on the table. (Seems as if I'm not a too popular artist, unfortunately.)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

Then why telling me you don't give a crap? That's your take on what I said? Okay...may DEATH be your friend already. Because if you haven'd befriended DEATH already, you may will experience some...well...whatever...when your body-mind will vanish into dust.

Keep it comming, dude!

WTF hahahahaha

this ought to be a fun thread, go on. when i disagree with people im going to have to remember this one " may death be your friend already"
edit on 14-3-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

How much do you charge? But please keep in mind I'm an artist who is barely able to get some food on the table. (Seems as if I'm not a too popular artist, unfortunately.)

Perhaps you are a Para-artist as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

this ought to be a fun thread, go on. when i disagree with people im going to have to remember this one " may death be your friend already"

I, personally, like this version of the tune Dead Flowers a lot. Don't ask me why.

Dead Flowers - Townes Van Zandt:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Ohhh...holy crap! Do you think my best days as an artist are over? I sometimes think so too. Now what? I haven'd learned anything else!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
para-Christian? Strange term. I don't understand why you're including Christian; because your statement of faith is quite far from any reasonable association with Christ. Please pick up a Bible and drop the para.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

I don't understand why you're including Christian; because your statement of faith is quite far from any reasonable association with Christ. Please pick up a Bible and drop the para.

Duude! The bible is for me like the new quran might be for you. Here is the new quran (updated version):

Fat Freddy's Drop - Shiverman:

www.youtube.com...

Shalom!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Ohhh...holy crap! Do you think my best days as an artist are over? I sometimes think so too. Now what? I haven'd learned anything else!

I don't know....

I'm also a professional artist. Switched mediums all the time from prints, to oils, funuture making, guitar making, gold and silver jewelry line, designed women clothes and had them mfg. in Korea, now making films and screenwriting... It's been a wild ride.

Perhaps if you focused on ART.....I mean really focus!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Perhaps if you focused on ART.....I mean really focus!!!

I do, companiero. That you can be sure of. But I'm such a sh!itty guitar player, I had to move on to make jewelry. Some woman do like my stuff. So...I'm not un-satisfied.

But actually...I seem to want to be an artist just because I hate to have a boss. Maybe that's the wrong motivation. Anyhow...I'm some sort of an ascet, which I think is neccessary to be successfull as someone who utterly, completely denies authority outside of what I, personally, think is right for me, for my life, for my beingness, for my kind of idea of having fun, my kind of being a part of a healthy community.

Seems as if I'm just someone others think of as, "let's just support her. She's not a creep and her stuff is kinda cool."

Know what I mean? I seem to be the David Niven of my community. I'm not extra-ordinarily talented, but they like to have me hanging around, because I'm nice.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Seems as if I'm just someone others think of as, "let's just support her. She's not a creep and her stuff is kinda cool."

Know what I mean? I seem to be the David Niven of my community. I'm not extra-ordinarily talented, but they like to have me hanging around, because I'm nice.

Then you are in a good place!! As we say in the movie biz...it's not what you know but who....

and don't give up on the guitar!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

and don't give up on the guitar!!!

I had to! Once I was utterly broke and my guitar was the only thing I had left to make it into some reasonably money. Unfortunately that kind of circumstance seem to be part of the para-christian deal.

edit on 14-3-2016 by Willingly because: removed an emoticon...I hate that crap!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

As a proud Gnostic, I have personally studied a few of the great religions. They all become corrupt eventually, every single one. Someone find a way to twist the teachings of the founder to make a profit and things of that nature.

The only faith that was so damn good that it was borrowed by Judaism and Christianity alike is Zoroastrianism, the teachings of Zarathustra. While a small faith today it had the most influence on the ancient churches that survive today. You can learn about it by studying the Nag Hammadi scriptures or the difficult to read Zend Avesta but it's a fascinating topic either way.

As a Gnostic I dedicate my life to knowledge of spiritual teachings of all faiths. And see nothing wrong about having a personal theology, unique but accurate.

I care little about mainstream religious beliefs. But I do know about them. Knowledge is more than power, it is freedom from slavery to a god who doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

The term Christ is so far removed from the historical Yeshua. Messiah and Christ have differences in real meaning.

You should drop the bible until you understand history better because what you just said was out of ignorance. The Bible is not a book about God. The new Testament is a hoax and a mythical legend with a few historical people. It's what would be called in the book world " historical fiction."

The truth is in the Dead Sea Scrolls, but you won't care because you like historical fiction over the historical record.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Merari

As a proud Gnostic, I have personally studied a few of the great religions.

In my understanding of what religion is, it's not something one studies only. It's something one becomes. Being religious, to me means: I'm a part of a certain eternal tribe, whoms decendents are still holding on to the truth in a particular (religious) teaching. Religon, in my perspective, is a means for Self-knowledge. And if it doesn't deliver, it's of no use for anybody, who is interested in getting to know who or what one is.

They all become corrupt eventually, every single one. Someone find a way to twist the teachings of the founder to make a profit and things of that nature.

Yes, but why is that the case? How comes that religious teachings become corrupted and who or what corrupts them and for what reason?

As a Gnostic I dedicate my life to knowledge of spiritual teachings of all faiths. And see nothing wrong about having a personal theology, unique but accurate.

Yes, but I would not consider myself a gnostic. There are a lot of things I don't know anything about. I lack knowledge about a lot of topics and issues I would want to know more about. Just because I know myself does not mean I know everything that needs to be known. Who is having all the knowledge to be considered as someone who knows the overall big picture about our existence here anyway?

Knowledge is more than power, it is freedom from slavery to a god who doesn't exist.

Self-knowledge is freedom from slavery to a god-CONCEPT that doesn't exist. That's how I would want to put it. If some god exists or not highly depends on how one defines the term god.

edit on 16-3-2016 by Willingly because: typos

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What do you expect to gain from life? What is the most ethical and logical way to get it? Figure it out, and then do it. Then die old and with a clear conscience, and you have done all you must.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Asherahel

What do you expect to gain from life?

Why do you want to know what I expect from life? Why would that matter for you?

What is the most ethical and logical way to get it?

Do you assume I'm not already where I'm supposed to be? Do you assume I want to "get" something out of life?

Figure it out, and then do it.

What if I already do know what I need to know regarding my purpose in life?

Then die old and with a clear conscience, and you have done all you must.

Well...I hope that will be the case for you also.

And now give me all your wealth and money, so I can do something reasonable and beneficial for all sentient beings on earth with it.

edit on 16-3-2016 by Willingly because: strangers in night....la-la-la-la...strangers in the night...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join