It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dose of Reality: Millennials would flock to Clinton over Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A new USA Today poll has come out today that shows that millinnial voters and Bernie voters would flock to Clinton if they had to choose between the two.

This poll definitely goes against what we've been hearing in the echo-chamber

I would be okay with either Democratic candidate. While I have been an outspoken Clinton supporter, my ideal candidate would be Bernie Sanders and if these numbers are indeed accurate, Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton would make mince meat out of Trump in the general election.

Opposition to Trump nearly unites the rising generation.

In a hypothetical Clinton v. Trump contest in November, voters under 35 would choose Clinton by a crushing 52%-19%, a preference that crosses demographic lines.

Among whites, she'd be backed by nearly 2-1, 45%-26%.

Among Hispanics, by more than 4-1, 61%-14%.

Among Asian Americans, by 5-1, 60%-11%.

Among African Americans, by 13-1, 67%-5%.

The negative and toxic rhetoric spewed by Trump has the Republican party scrambling to come up with a plan to stop him. I think this might be the reason:

Nearly one in four Republicans would defect to the Democrats if the GOP nominated Trump against Clinton. Just 7% of Democrats would defect to the GOP.

USA Today

Keep in mind these are Clinton numbers against Trump, and this poll isn't taking into consideration Muslim Americans.

If these are Clinton numbers, I can't imagine how Bernie's numbers look like against Trump.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

LOL! If Hillary or Rubio or Cruz is elected it will just be 4 more years of the same globalist BS the EU is dealing with and what Obama has brought the US! Another 4 years on ATS of people blaming the other party for why their lives are miserable.....

Not saying Trump will do jack squat, but it is sure funny as hell to see how after 7 years of Obama, Trump finally got the 2 globalist parties to agree on something!

Wasn't Scare Tactics a television show with actors scaring victims who were set up?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Seeing college students they are mostly, if not all, against Clinton and say that between Clinton and Trump they would not vote. They do not trust her nor should they. Young people tend to want Sanders or nothing at all.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

While I have been an outspoken Clinton supporter

I ask this because I have not met many Clinton supporters, and inquire with sincerity: why do you support Clinton? I'm not asking for justification, just an explanation as to what Clinton has done to earn your support. I haven't decided who I will vote for, and want all the information and viewpoints I can get.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Yes some bernie supporters are "bernie or bust" but i think the majority of them would choose clinton over trump any day of the week that ends with Y

and don't forget that Sanders will most than likely endorse Clinton if she wins the nomination

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm voting for Bernie. If he doesn't win the nomination than I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I'm voting for Bernie. If he doesn't win the nomination than I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

I would vote for Johnson! Problem is the Libertarian party doesn't get any government funding to run! Where is Johnson? Never hear from him until it is to damn late......

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They won't support Clinton. I can essentially guarantee that. Trust me from what I've seen on campus. I mean unless you yourself have been on a campus recently? I don't trust polls. I trust what I see.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
They won't support Clinton. I can essentially guarantee that. Trust me from what I've seen on campus. I mean unless you yourself have been on a campus recently? I don't trust polls. I trust what I see.

Uhh I'm a college student and we'll just have to agree to disagree I know a lot of bernie supporters some of them will not vote if Sanders isn't nominated and some of them will vote Clinton to stop Trump but I haven't talked to any that would vote for Trump if Sanders isn't nominated.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So according to this thread ... young people are the ONLY ones who will be voting this November and they will be voting in such large numbers that they will absolutely swamp any and every other age group and demographic?

If that occurs, it would be historic because the young never vote in numbers like that and they are not that big a group.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I haven't heard anyone say they'd vote for Clinton. Quite the opposite. I say go Trump, but then I don't believe in politics.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I haven't heard anyone say they'd vote for Clinton. Quite the opposite. I say go Trump, but then I don't believe in politics.

Do you live inside a cave? Perhaps an Echo-chamber?

Clinton has received more votes than any other candidate in the primaries..that includes Trump.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So according to this thread ... young people are the ONLY ones who will be voting this November and they will be voting in such large numbers that they will absolutely swamp any and every other age group and demographic?

If that occurs, it would be historic because the young never vote in numbers like that and they are not that big a group.

No but this poll is about Millennials, and it shows a large number of them would vote for Clinton over Trump.

Plus Trump isn't doing that good with minorities

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Are you ignorant to your own topic? By anyone I meant college students. Seriously genius.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Most people don't cut off their noses to spite their face

The Supreme court will be at stake this November. I could stomach 4 years of Clinton to prevent a Conservative stacked supreme court for the next 30 years.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Are you ignorant to your own topic? By anyone I meant college students. Seriously genius.

So you haven't met any college student that supports Clinton?

Which college do you go to? I know plenty at mine that are perfectly okay with Clinton or Sanders and I go to college in Texas

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't disagree most in that age range support Shillary and Bernie. I do however disagree with the conclusion.

One, far less in that generation are turning out to vote than in previous cycles. Democratic voting is down across the board while Republican voting has shot through the roof. The younger generation on social media is extremely active but that's different than getting their butts to the polls to vote, which they haven't done. Meanwhile, more and more Democrats and Independents are turning out to vote for Trump. Mass is an example of that.

Two, Shillary supporters hate Bernie supporters and vice versa. One thing Bernie supporters share with Trump is being anti-establishment. There's been a number of polls showing Bernie supporters would vote Trump as their 2nd choice(anything but Clinton) and that Trump supporters if he lost the nomination, would turn out for Bernie.

Anti-establishment sentiment will rule this election.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I don't disagree most in that age range support Shillary and Bernie. I do however disagree with the conclusion.

One, far less in that generation are turning out to vote than in previous cycles. Democratic voting is down across the board while Republican voting has shot through the roof. The younger generation on social media is extremely active but that's different than getting their butts to the polls to vote, which they haven't done. Meanwhile, more and more Democrats and Independents are turning out to vote for Trump. Mass is an example of that.

Two, Shillary supporters hate Bernie supporters and vice versa. One thing Bernie supporters share with Trump is being anti-establishment. There's been a number of polls showing Bernie supporters would vote Trump as their 2nd choice(anything but Clinton) and that Trump supporters if he lost the nomination, would turn out for Bernie.

Anti-establishment sentiment will rule this election.

The Bernie voters that would vote Trump if Bernie isn't nominated, aren't really progressives or liberals. To them anti-establishment trumps (no pun intended) policy.

These people are privileged enough to not care about a conservative stacked supreme court for the next 30 years.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm in NY. I have not met any Clinton supporters, in fact quite the opposite.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sorry but this entitled minded generation don't do anything but talk crap, talk talk talk no action unless you count making a sign complaining that their safe place has been violated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join