It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What stereotype are you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Why is that a problem? Why would that be bad? Not being what you say, but being as he is?

I can tell you that having self esteem is not a crime. People are assholes that will keep you feeling like crap just because smiles and laughter make them go insane. They hate to think they are somehow less than others. THAT is an inferiority complex.

Its not like he has a sense of superiority inherently built into feeling good about himself, sharing his method or mind.

People who suffer from self esteem issues cant look forward to the day they strut? They must stay in this crap limbo between awful and ok?

STRUT god damned it. Everyone tells us we suck and are worthless, find our flaws. Why not defy their sage judgments and live like you are awesome as you are!

Its one thing to crush others with examples of your superiority, its another to crush peoples sense of worth just because they
arent the Dali lama, Maria Teresa, or Buddha.

No matter what, you got to strut

edit on 3 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
having self esteem and being egotistical are not the same.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

A lot of what you listed aren't really things stereotypes are based on. What style of clothes do you wear? Do you have tattoos? If so, what kind? Are you super outspoken about anything like religion or activism? What sort of music do you listen to?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I agree with that. True.

BUT

no matter what, you got to strut.

edit on 3 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think of myself as a Bohemian Nerd.

A pocket full of pens and pencils. Inability to relate to standard humans. Non-existent fashion sense. = Nerd

Pony tail. Thin mustache. Goatee. Perpetually bloodshot eyes. = Bohemian.

-dex

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Correct but if you can identify your own stereotypical behavior than why not?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

i have no idea what stereotype i own, you tell me..
btw i lol'd @ i can't help that im white lmfao

Why solicit the judgement of others (value or devalue your being) that are perfect strangers?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I think of myself as a Bohemian Nerd.

A pocket full of pens and pencils. Inability to relate to standard humans. Non-existent fashion sense. = Nerd

Pony tail. Thin mustache. Goatee. Perpetually bloodshot eyes. = Bohemian.

-dex

Totally relate to your inability to identify with the general public hence the professional fighting. Growing up in a tough neighborhood and sticking out has its pros and cons.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Equinsu Ocha

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

How can one do this without direct experience with others telegraphing *this is your nature* as we understand it.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

A lot of what you listed aren't really things stereotypes are based on. What style of clothes do you wear? Do you have tattoos? If so, what kind? Are you super outspoken about anything like religion or activism? What sort of music do you listen to?

Good points...

Yes two tattoos which I regret.

I listen to all kinds of music except country and dubstep.

I kinda dress like a hipster but not really. Strait leg jeans not tight usually a boxing or jiu jitsu related shirt or plain colors. I'm very fit and weigh 210lbs so a muscular build.

I'm very outspoken to a fault and I'm a no bull# type of person, strait to the point no time for games. I never say anything bad about anyone so you would never hear it come out of my mouth.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

How can one do this without direct experience with others telegraphing *this is your nature* as we understand it.

Mauve it a try.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

its called banter and the context of the thread, truthfully i don't think in stereotypes and i judge based on the individual merits, but the question was being posed so i engaged in the banter. No need for a philosophical debate.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Oh I strut I own it. I didn't know it at first until people started bringing it up which I see as a bad thing lol.

But thanks for the post I appreciate it.

Just because you disagree with a philosophy doesn't mean you disagree with the individual.

We need to get o that point culturally.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

- professional fighter - health conscious - techie - philosophical - can get angry at times - somewhat judgmental - sense of fashion - cocky - tendency to self agragandize - white - good looking

Aaaaw, you forgot modest.

Oh no I didn't.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

Im a Trump Supporter.

Sorry for tainting this nice thread with politics,

Then again... Thats what makes me a Trump Supporter

So your a violent bigoted rich white male?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

Im a Trump Supporter.

Sorry for tainting this nice thread with politics,

Then again... Thats what makes me a Trump Supporter

So your a violent bigoted rich white male?

I really hope that was a joke.

On another note,

Do you have a tribal tattoo by chance?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Oh god no.

I've always reject popular culture.

My tattoos are ten years old before getting sleeved up went real mainstream and was more of a gang biker culture thing somewhat sill.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I would classify you as an "honorable bro". It's almost like being Good Guy Greg but with a more testosterone-driven impetus.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't think I fit any.

I look like a bank robber but am quite introverted and shy. Sound like a monosyllabic caveman when I speak but can be quite articulate when necessary. Just a mess of contradictions and confusing components really. It takes years for people to even get close to figuring it all out and most just don't have the patience to try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join