It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Many Conservatives On Social Media Worshiping Reagan Without Knowing He Armed Bin Laden?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Actually, didn't they have more backers of the arming of Syrian rebels initially? more nowadays? idk...
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, CIA Director David Petraeus, outgoing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey, the whole national security team, backed a proposal to provide weapons to Syrian rebels... jus sayin haha see they're all one in the same on issues... i think the white house blocked that at one point i could be wrong, sorry off topic?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You spend ALOT of time being wrong about the same subjects.www.usnews.com...
I know about WMDs in Iraq from OTHER scouts who found the caches of binary arms,not to mention ISIS got their gear from Iraq.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Don't forget John McCain.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Actually it goes back further than Obama,Bush,Clinton,Reagan,Carter.

Goes ALL the way back to FDR, and when he got in to bed with the House of Saud.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: TaleDawn
a reply to: JHumm

Well from what i have seen Conservatives are on it to because the Conservatives wanted Assad gone to.

So does Hillary, Kerry, and Obama.

Seems the only ones that like Assad are Iran and Russia.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

But ain't them the same people that have been arming those 'freedom' fighters in Syria?

Yup.

The same ones.

From the same party as Charlie Wilson.

Don't know whether to laugh or stock my bunker.

Be smart and do both.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

ha yep! didn't he say?? calling for arming of the rebels, "The time to act is long overdue, but it is not too late."

link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
not to mention ISIS got their gear from Iraq.

Isn't it funny... Saying "I'll just set this stack of $100 bills here, turn my back, and hope they've been cleaned up when I turn back around" in a government official's office is bribery and will get you some serious time in the pen. Saying "Pull all of our troops back, don't worry about all the gear and ammo, just leave it!" while a less potent enemy is advancing should logically be considered arming the enemy in that same vein, no?

link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You spend ALOT of time being wrong about the same subjects.www.usnews.com...
I know about WMDs in Iraq from OTHER scouts who found the caches of binary arms,not to mention ISIS got their gear from Iraq.

Iraq crisis: Isis jihadists 'seize Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons stockpile' - live

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

yep, yep.. Cheney, was the Defense Secretary back in the day..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

the problem is you just aren't debating very intelligently, you want to paint strategic choices as partisan when they just aren't. Having said that, can you give me a reason i should continue to debate something that in all facets has been put to rest, yet you still continue to say "they should accept responsibility" ad nauseam ? reel yourself in (take your ball and go home) or give me a clear cogent retort these are the options of debate.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: C21H30O2I

yep, yep.. Cheney, was the Defense Secretary back in the day..

Which doesn't mean anything.

Sec. Defense has no real power.

Sec State has no real power.

Their only jobs are to echo the Potus, and do as they wish.
edit on 14-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So there were WMD in Iraq then, is that what you're saying??? So why exactly did they not produce them because it would have saved their ass at the time to have actually found some.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The TRUTH shall set you free.

On 3 July 1979, Carter signed a presidential finding authorizing funding for anticommunist guerrillas in Afghanistan

en.wikipedia.org...

Wilson is best known for leading Congress into supporting Operation Cyclone, the largest-ever Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) covert operation which, under the Carter and Reagan administration, supplied military equipment including anti-aircraft weapons such as obsolete FIM-43 Redeye MANPADS surface-to-air antiaircraft missiles and paramilitary officers from their Special Activities Division to the Afghan Mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan.

en.wikipedia.org...

OC was Wilson's baby.

Oh , no . This cant be right. we cant hate on Reagan if this is true (so , therefore it is not true). No Dem President would ever do anything like this. You must be one of those misguided Repubs posting whatever you want with no truth behind it...

Yes , amazing what a person knows if they lived the history . Of course , if you remember the 70s you were not there.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

But I'm not being partisan though. I thought I was pretty clear about that already. I think you assume partisanship which is why you respond the way you do and we end up fighting over it.

My first post to you was that "Not Knowing the outcome" isn't an excuse. Now, I may not have said that I mean that on both sides but I don't think I implied in any way that I meant it for only one side.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I agree, imo, just another pull string of the whole lot of em'. left, right.. for the record, I am right down the middle, not loyal to any party.. I think, blue or red, they all strive for same goals along the line..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Nice! I double starred ya.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Don't forget Reagan had 8 years of a full Democrat majority in the House.

Only president to ever have that "honor".

Clinton only had six years of opposition.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Galling is a better word.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Russians ran them off to Syria and WE gave them to them so the profile was kept low..not that Jr was any mensa graduate...
They did use it against the Iranians which is why we gave it to them.
They didn't use it on us because THEN we would have nuked them.
After all the fighting no one was capable of deploying weapons like that and the munitions were lying around.
NOT TO MENTION when I was there, our M8 chemical detectors when off twice and command ordered us to turn them off.
I think that is where some of my memory issues came from.
edit on 14-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Just spoken in remembrance of my good old days when I was one of the first "Progressive Liberal Tree Hugging Hippie Radicals" . Believe it or not , I was.....like I posted in another thread - Been there , done that , got the scars and the love/peace T-Shirt to prove it
Communism - from the word commune. The perfect government with everyone living for everyone else in absolute peace
Those were the days...

edit on 7201631070320167 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join