It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submit your daub for the worst ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The challenge of Pavel Jerdanowitch Painting Contest is to produce the worst picture ever painted.

Pavel Jerdanowitch is not satisfied to follow the beaten paths of art. He prefers to discover new lands, explore the heights, and peer into the abysses. His spirit delights in intoxication, and he is a prey to aesthetic agonies which are not experienced without suffering.
--Comte Chabrier, Revue du Vrai et du Beau

The Loser of the 2006 Contest:

What can one say about this bold and daring new work by 21st century artist Kurt J. Hinterbichler? At first glance, we see three shapes that seem to outline a sense of urgency and chaos. Yet, upon closer examination, more shapes appear within the outline, reflecting order within the disturbance. Like one's life, the shapes are simple when viewed from the outside in, yet become extraordinarily complex when viewed from inside out. The colors portray this as well, with a lack of quantity made up for by a brilliant use of clarity. The solid white both outside and in shows the inner and outer similarities that everyone shares, while still serving to highlight emptiness and innocence.

The Loser of the 2014 Contest:

True Realities of Untapped Potential

Can you produce something worse?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Neither pics are "paintings".
One looks like a crayon was used and the other looks like it was drawn on a chalkboard.

Now asking for the worst drawings might be more acceptable. But these aint even "paintings"?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiratron
Neither pics are "paintings".
One looks like a crayon was used and the other looks like it was drawn on a chalkboard.

Now asking for the worst drawings might be more acceptable. But these aint even "paintings"?

Don't be a verbalist. Jerdanowitch Jr. made a more interesting observation looking at the pictures

In the memorable words of a close friend who actually possesses a great deal of painterly ability, "Dear God! Actually, they look a lot like most of the work one sees exhibited in international galleries. What has the art world come to?"

See: 2012 Pavel Jerdanowitch Painting Contest Results

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vernichter
So where are the paintings?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Careful you might be a "verbalist" as the op has stated? lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Conspiratron
So...We should use words incorrectly? Every time I write either an essay for class or the story for a book now I check the meaning of a word to be certain I have proper understanding, even simple words. I simply like understanding. A verbalist is one who uses words skillfully. Why I like that!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiratron

Careful you might be a "verbalist" as the op has stated? lol.

It is rather interesting if Primordial Chaos uses verbalism in its struggle against Cosmos.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Conspiratron
So...We should use words incorrectly? Every time I write either an essay for class or the story for a book now I check the meaning of a word to be certain I have proper understanding, even simple words. I simply like understanding. A verbalist is one who uses words skillfully. Why I like that!

The word painting is often used in the broader sense. See, for example, this en.wikipedia.org...
Why do you express your verbalism here and not there?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Where is there? And thank you
I tend not to like my use of words, glad some people do.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This entry from 2009 contest is surely a painting and a remarkable one

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Entries for the 2017 contest: reverent.org...

new topics

top topics

join