It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump happened because the Political system is so CORRUPT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: spirit_horse

I don't believe the Establishment is against Trump for a minute. All of his media coverage and all of the attention he has gotten from the GOP -- while *ahem* negative -- has done nothing but serve his image as an anti-establishment candidate who is "un-PC," cannot be bought, and is making the Establishment nervous.

That image made its way around the internet and blogosphere in about 24 hours. That tells me it was complete astroturf.

Again, I scoff at the idea he is an actual outsider. He's just adopted the image and has been successful in convincing people. It's scary on the scariest of Establishment-plan type levels.

Yea, I can see that angle having merit. I mean Obama said all kinds of stuff in 2008 and completely didn't follow through. Anyone watching his success in politics despite his obvious problems of name changes, social security numbers, keeping records sealed, etc. would have to learn and Trump and the Establishment are no dummies.

So, take the anti-establishment angle so many Americans clearly have stated (look at congress approval ratings alone) and you know you got a majority slice of the pie right there. It bothers me he is a Billionaire and runs with those same crowds that are so opposed to him. Your theory would explain that phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I agree with everything you said..and not just because you said my angle had merit.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Because Trump has insulted major demographics up and down the spectrum. His rhetoric has been so extreme that he's become toxic to the Republican brand. That type of rhetoric always works w/the extreme right wing Republican base, but it also fails hard in the general election. Even Bush had to run as a "compassionate conservative" to barely eek out wins in the general election. And just look at how moderate he had to present himself to get that far:

Republican establishment candidates are terrified of the down-ticket repercussions of a Trump nomination. And they've said that very thing. In case you haven't noticed, Latino/Hispanic Americans are now the nation's largest demographic. And the Republican Party has been trying to win them over because they need Hispanic votes in the general election. Trump is singlehandedly destroying that to such an extent that Republicans in Hispanic-heavy districts won't want to be on the same ticket as him. And that doesn't even touch on the other demographics he's deliberately attacked and alienated.

And for the record, Bloomberg is mulling an independent run this very election cycle lol. There have even been stories about that just this last 2 months or so. And the media's been giving Trump more coverage than almost every other candidate combined. It's laughable to say the media is against him when they give him so much publicity. Even left wing sites are full of Trump articles. If you want to know what it means to have media be "against" a candidate, go look at the nonexistent coverage for the Green Party & Libertarian Party's potential candidates lol. Even the Democrat Martin O'Malley got virtually no coverage before he dropped out, and he was a former governor.

Edit to Add: Our great friend Krazysh0t had a good thread that goes into Trump's damaging effect even more

Yea, I can see that now too that you point it out. I think your point along with MotherMayEye above is on to the trail more accurately. I usually stayed out of political threads because they are so divisive and complex I think one thing Bush said is true, I stayed out of being engaged because there is no point, nothing gets done and the truth is the first victim often. I hadn't seen that video of Bush. Damn, things sure went down the opposite road quick. One thing I hate and I think is a huge mistake is the US taking the World Police role and forcing democracy and regime change. Some countries democracy simply won't work in. I think you can see that in middle east countries. They can;t get along for five minute with each other and without a hard line dictator in power keeping everyone in check things degrade into chaos quick like we see from regime change efforts in Libya, Egypt, Iraq, etc. Sometimes I am sure the patients are running the asylum on the ship of state.

As far as demographic issues go I think Obama got things brought to a slow boil and Trump is just turning the heat up and is going to blow the top off the pressure cooker. I absolutely know there are real problems there, but this is getting dangerous for all concerned. Civil war would be bad for everyone. And it seems like people are being pushed into it by outside groups more than the people. I saw things happen officially that were so wrong on a racial level that to expose it would have probably got me killed. Today younger generations are now the ones in power and that problem has mostly cleared itself out.

edit on 14/3/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The irony about the OP is that if Trump got the top job it would be status quo all over again, except Trump gets richer and gets to make a whole heap of his friends richer in the process.

It doesn't matter who gets in, you change a CEO and small details change but the overall "Rape and Pillage" continues. The trick is to make the voters think big change is coming, when in fact more of the same is all that will come of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Anyone remember this "roast",

And since then, A little more added to the same:

The funny Obama:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I don't believe the Establishment is against Trump for a minute. All of his media coverage and all of the attention he has gotten from the GOP -- while *ahem* negative -- has done nothing but serve his image as an anti-establishment candidate who is "un-PC," cannot be bought, and is making the Establishment nervous.

That image made its way around the internet and blogosphere in about 24 hours. That tells me it was complete astroturf.

Again, I scoff at the idea he is an actual outsider. He's just adopted the image and has been successful in convincing people. It's scary on the scariest of Establishment-plan type levels.

Good Post
The Establishment know the masses are fed up with them so they are certainly not going to get behind a person that publicly represents the Establishment. They have given Donald all the air time he wants to make sure the masses understand he is against the "Establishment" rather than ignore him as they could do.

The real kicker is when Trump had a meeting with the Head of the CFR
Some of the "supporters" said he has to talk to them and play their game?
Why does he have to talk to them, because they own DC?
What was the point then, if he is talking to the head of the CFR before even being in office.
So, he'll be in conversation with them even more when in office.
We are back to square one again.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Yea, I can see that angle having merit. I mean Obama said all kinds of stuff in 2008 and completely didn't follow through.

Exactly
Obama ran on being Anti Establishment when he said he would have the most transparent Administration and crack down on corruption in DC and on Wall Street. It never happened.

Trump is running the same script probably prepared by the same script writers for Obama - Washington DC Think Tanks
Tell the people what they want to hear

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I agree in so many ways. Bush's transformation post 9/11 was mind boggling. I voted for Nader in 2000 and like many American Muslims at the time, I thought Bush would be an isolationist and good on Middle Eastern issues lol. And I certainly didn't trust the Democratic VP Joe Lieberman, because I thought he was a warmonger. Silly me. I didn't know who Cheney or the neocons were at the time.

That's one reason I bring up Trump's potential Cabinet. That will say more about him than anything else. If he's really against the establishment, you'll see a huge backlash based on the people he picks. Many people don't realize Jeb Bush was also one of the signers of the original "Project for a New American Century" (as was Dan Quayle; yeah that Dan Quayle).

I actually don't think there's a real risk of a civil war. Fights, localized riots, and mob violence? Yes. But too many people are comfortable with their daily lives to fight an actual civil war. Especially when they see that it's not over in a weekend. It's hard to launch a real rebellion when people have bills to pay and don't want to miss the NBA playoffs, the newest Captain America movie, etc lol. I think the standoff in Oregon showed that people are mostly talk on those issues.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yes I have said it before and I know that it will never happen but. ...
If you lie to get a job and they your employer finds out, you probably loose that job.
Well telling lies to get votes is the same and if you get elected based on lies, get in office and do the exact opposite of what you said you were going to do then you should be removed.
And as of now we should be recalling just about every elected official in office.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I find it more than just a little bit intriguing that most of the MSM coverage of Trump has changed directions. In the early stages much of the coverage on Trump was about what a 'novelty' he was, kind of like an 'Eddie the Eagle' type candidate; he was "amusing". He was portrayed as this eccentric clown who didn't have a chance.

Now the MSM coverage of Trump has completely turned around. Now the MSM coverage is almost exclusively about...how to stop him!

This is telling in my mind. I don't subscribe to the notion he's really a closet-establishment type (a wolf in sheep's clothing), and a construct of the very establishment people have come to loathe. No, I believe the "Establishment" thought they could marginalize him long before now. That they could use his antics against him to distract the people from their hatred of their establishment ways. They thought Trump would give the people their carnival ride, but then they'd grow weary of the novelty and get in line for a 'more serious' ride. When this didn't happen...the gloves came off.

What we see now is the totally corrupt establishment revealing itself for what it is, an evil empire of crystal pure greed and elitist entitlement who will stop at nothing to unseat him.

edit on 3/15/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join