It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record-Shattering February Warmth Bakes Alaska, Arctic 18°F Above Normal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Sremmos80

a reply to: lostbook
I don't see anything too dramatically with the time of change.
Let's compare today's change with that of the YD, in a matter of weeks or months climate has shifted drastically.
There have been a few of those in the past.
files.abovetopsecret.com...
For the last 10.000 years climate has been relative stable
files.abovetopsecret.com...

www.iceandclimate.nbi.ku.dk...

a reply to: amazing

Heat records are being broken every year and have been so for the last 4 years or so. You don't see this as dramatic?
edit on 15-3-2016 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Looking at the data for my area (near Washington DC ish) from 1871 - 2016, the average yearly temperatures by month for say March range from 30 - 55 degrees with no noticeable pattern. In 2012 it was 53, last year it was 39.7, in 1945 it was 55, with every number in between for various years. I saw that for 2012, there was a day where it was 80 in March, but in 2015 it was so terribly cold from October-April, it was SO miserable. This year is much nicer! The point is that I think if you look over the records, you'll find these sorts of spikes and insane drops occur all throughout history, mixed right in between the "average" years. Records will continue to be broken as long as there is life on Earth..

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This happened in 2008, i wonder how far the glacier has retreated in the past 8 years.? Frightening yet awesome at the same time. Watch the whole thing to get the scale of what is actually happening..

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

but they didnt tell you how much snow the desert of Saudi Arabia had this January and February , yes it was also a record breaking

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If you want to see dramatic and abrupt climate change, look up Younger Dryas.
But if you saw the graph i posted you would already know that.
This was only 12.000 years ago

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Despite the almost constant global warming alarmism and warnings it appears to be business as usual for a lot of the world.

in Asia alone this year power companies are building more than 500 coal-fired plants, with at least a thousand more on planning boards

coal is increasing its share in power generation," said Laszlo Varro, head of the gas, coal and power markets division for the International Energy Agency (IEA)

Some of the biggest growth in coal use is in India

We're absolutely sure India's coal demand will continue to grow," Varro said

Other emerging Asian economies are seeing similar growth to India's in coal-fired generation

Coal is still the cheapest and the fuel that most Asian countries will use," said Loreta G. Ayson, undersecretary at the Philippine Department of Energy

will raise coal's share of the Southeast Asian power market to 50 percent from 32 percent

Coal's share of the energy mix in Japan, top importer of LNG, will rise to 30 percent by 2030, up from 22 percent in 2010, according to the nation's Institute of Energy Economics

www.reuters.com...

Looks like coal is still king of energy so global warming will continue until new technology can really address the issue.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It really has been crazy this year again. No snow to speak of, and so many freeze/thaws that it has been an ice rink all winter. Spring is here already over a month and a half early it seems. As people mentioned it makes for a dreary depressing several months. There's been a lack of normal activities available.

Yeah, Alaska's weather is on the fritz again. After three years this seems to be turning into the norm. It was actually colder in New York than in Faibanks this winter and that's insane. I've seen a thermometer there register -79 degrees f before in North Pole. Farther south where I'm at we didn't see it drop below zero once this year.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

#!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire

If you want to see dramatic and abrupt climate change, look up Younger Dryas.
But if you saw the graph i posted you would already know that.
This was only 12.000 years ago

I saw your graph and I have heard of the Younger Dryas. This doesn't stop my concern, however.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join