It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is love just another instinct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
"What is love" a simple question i asked someone who I let close to me.. " What i think? " She answered and looked at me, somehow she saw my soul through the cold eyes of death i succumbed to.
" I dont think love exist between a man and a woman, their bond is to weak "; .. She sat quiet for a while.. " I think humans love the fantasy of love, its something they are taught.. Love is pure, humans are, not " Her words surprised me, i thought she was the word for love;" But your touch? " I asked..
" Understanding your pain is not love, removing your fear is not love, its compassion.. Humans are gifted with relating to others, they feel what others feel "
So i wondered for a while, does love really exist? Did i really love someone? or was it just instinct.. I wanted to believe i once felt like everyone else, was it all just a lie..
So i asked ;" What is love? "
And she replied;" Ask your mother, she will be the only one who ever truly purely loved you "

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I look at my mother and see how I despise her so she despises me too doesn't mean that I don't love her

There is love for humans that is based on not attaching any human feelings to it otherwise you never avoid bias and
There is love between a man and a woman that is based on impulse and envolves instictive behaviour (eg passion)

To tell you the truth as a human being i wish to find the second however human that is incapable of the first one is only acting out of instinct meaning they truly don't love you

If I would find the one I can completely entrust myself to then the rest follows .. Put it simply your mother didn't feel compassion to a child when she made you

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
why cant instinct be real? sure love is an instinct. reducing entropy through cooperation and compassion for each other is an instinct. and i think its actually a function of life itself.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think this post sums it up brilliantly

You know what truth is? It's that little baby you're holding, and it's that man you fought with this morning. The same one you're going to make love with tonight. That's truth, that's love Charlene - I've Never Been To Me Lyrics [/post]

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

top topics

join