It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todd Palin seriously injured in snowmobile accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sarah Palin cancels her campaign event in Florida for Donald Trump. Todd Palin was involved in a serious accident and is in the hospital. Not many details yet, but thoughts and prayers for the Palin family.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Jackassing around on a fast piece of machinery, motorcycle, quad, snowmobile, doesn't get sympathy or prayers from me.
I think the Palin family has enough money that they don't need to utilize a snowmobile as a way of life in a responsible manner like quite a few Inuit tribes or even settlers,leaving the only other option for an accident to be "HEY WATCH THIS! WHEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
thud.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Even the local NBC station is running a story from CNN.

Appears Todd Palin is in ICU and Sarah is rushing back to AK.

The Iron Dog has been over so this looks like a regular accident as of now.

NBC affiliate KTUU's story from CNN: Todd Palin seriously injured in crash -- Sarah Palin cancels Florida event

The only bad thing about this being from CNN (or anywhere other than AK news) is most of the info is wrong! You should how bad they are on local weather!! Probably get better news from the radio on this one.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Is it an accident or is there a sinister twist to this baring mind that Palin was scheduled to speak for Trump!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
Snowmobile accidents are quite common. I know someone whose loved one recently died in one.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Maybe Bernie Sanders supporters roughed him up!

Todd Palin has been known to get into street brawls from time to time! Just saying...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Medics received a page around 8 p.m. last night and found Palin injured. He was at a residence on Talkeetna Spur Road, according to borough spokeswoman Patty Sullivan. She was not sure exactly where the snowmachine crash took place.

Medics transported Palin to Mat-Su hospital by ambulance.
"Thank you guys for your prayers for my husband who is recovering now in ICU after a little wreck on a snow machine," (Sarah) Palin told an audience in Tampa, according to CNN.

KTUU: Todd Palin recovers from serious snowmachine wreck at Mat-Su Regional hospital

So it does not appear super serious or they would have him transported to one of the major hospitals here in Anchorage. And props to KTUU for getting a local reporter on the story!

No word on the snowmachine.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's a Snow MACHINE.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Wow...
Your reply here is horsecrap. I don't know any specifics from this crash, but regardless of how much money the Palins do or don't have, I'm sure Todd still enjoys Alaska's wealth of outdoor opportunities. Otherwise, why keep living in Alaska? There are probably more people injured in Alaska using snow machines "in a responsible manner" than are hurt "jackassing around." It only takes a misjudging of ice thickness, a bump that throws you off trail, an unexpected powder bog, an unseen low branch or fallen tree, or even just a little bit of bad luck to wreck your day on one.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
It's a Snow MACHINE.

Lesser 48 alert...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: ugmold
It's a Snow MACHINE.

Lesser 48 alert...

Google: "snow machine" vs. "snowmachine"

The one you ride around on is one word. The other one is what you use to cover ski slopes with! A snow mobile is something your grand dad used to get stuck in the snow and had to have a friend (or log) pull him out!

(Alaskans are pretty low keyed about the whole thing! If we have enough PBR then it might be fighting words but even then, after the first punch we would probably end up laughing about it! For the most part, my buddies call them "sleds" and leave it at that.)

[ETA: Yet another KTUU story PS - He is scheduled for surgery]

edit on 14-3-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tori spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Auto correct + laziness on my part = 2 words.

Are you going to Arctic Man this year?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear of anyone getting hurt at any time.

Partisan politics aside, I hope he recovers.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I haven't been in over 15 years

I usually go to King of the Hill for all the shenanigans (concert, EPSN wandering around, too drunk boarders who miss first heli out at 8 AM, etc.) and to go find a nice line on some untracked mountain.

But I must be getting lazy in my old age and I haven't gone to that in a while (seems like most of the crew I rode with have moved out, had kids, became responsible, stopped listening to punk rock, now eat kale--instead of the other "greens", etc).

Lousy snow this year to get me psyched anyway. Bring on the summer!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Bring on the summer!

No SNIP, man. The past two winters have drained the winter joy out of me.

Worst thing right now is that we're still a good 2 months away from kings in the river.

That's the way it goes though, ya? Be safe and fish on soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: the owlbear

Wow...
Your reply here is horsecrap. I don't know any specifics from this crash, but regardless of how much money the Palins do or don't have, I'm sure Todd still enjoys Alaska's wealth of outdoor opportunities. Otherwise, why keep living in Alaska? There are probably more people injured in Alaska using snow machines "in a responsible manner" than are hurt "jackassing around." It only takes a misjudging of ice thickness, a bump that throws you off trail, an unexpected powder bog, an unseen low branch or fallen tree, or even just a little bit of bad luck to wreck your day on one.

NEEEHEEE HEEEE NEEEE HEEEE!!! #

Those are my best onomatopoeia for horse sounds and an asterisk for the site.

Your opinion. My opinion.
That's why ATS rocks.

I don't think my reply is the above. But I am entitled to it.
Sorry I'm not Alaska kewl like you and others, but it seems Todd is doing just fine anyhow, so you can go give him high fives soon enough.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The gory details on the "serious crash" reported by MSM that started the thread in the first place.

KTUU: (Story title says it all) Todd Palin suffers 8 fractured ribs, broken collar bone in snowmachine crash

If he was seriously hurt, he would have been stabilized then transported to Anchortown (maybe on to Seattle if it was gravely serious) and due to HIPAA rules the hospital would have clammed up.

It must have been bad enough (collar bone is my guess) to require surgery.

new topics

top topics

join