It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to 'burn Manhattan to ashes' with a hydrogen bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The claim is the latest in a string of increasingly bold threats made by the hermit regime's leader, Kim Jong-un

By Danielle Demetriou, in Tokyo1:33PM GMT 14 Mar 2016
North Korea has claimed it could “burn Manhattan down to ashes” by firing a hydrogen bomb into the heart of the city on an intercontinental ballistic missile.
The claim is the latest in a string of increasingly bold threats made by Pyongyang against a backdrop of South Korea and the United States conducting major military exercises on the Korean peninsula.
The statement, which was made via the state-run outlet DPRK Today, claimed that North Korea’s hydrogen bomb was more powerful than technology developed by the former Soviet Union.

“Our hydrogen bomb is much bigger than the one developed by the Soviet Union.” DPRK Today was quoted as saying in the Washington Post.
“If this H-bomb were to be mounted on an intercontinental ballistic missile and fall on Manhattan in New York City, all the people there would be killed immediately and the city would burn down to ashes.”
The newly-developed hydrogen bomb “surpasses our imagination,” a scientist named Cho Hyong-Il is quoted as stating, adding: “The H-bomb developed by the Soviet Union in the past was able to smash windows of buildings 1,000 kms away and the heat was strong enough to cause third-degree burns 100 kms away.”
Thought this might raise some eyebrows.. From the UK Telegraph published today..
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on Mon Mar 14 2016 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well that's awfully nice of him

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And did he mention what his last request was??

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Just do it Kim, we're all getting a little tired of your constant rhetoric

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Good to know that NK is still blowing hot-air. We should probably worry if they actually went dark though.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm only worried that they'll end up nuking themselves & deprive the conspiracy world of some entertainment.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Ah, Kimberly...such a silly little brat. Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Look at me, look at me, like a child starving for attention..that's whats going on here.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Probably running out of food and instead of asking nicely, he threatens. That seems to be how it goes. If the child does not get what he wants, he throws a temper tantrum until someone is nice, or tired enough, and throws him some scraps. Does anyone actually take this dicktator seriously anymore? Spelling error was on purpose.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

So what...1500 North Koreans are going to get together and throw a bomb at the Pacific side of the US, with the hopes of reach all across the mainland before it gets shot down?

LOL

I think there's a lot of internal strife going on in NK and this is just a prediction, but I think within 10 years that entire regime will collapse.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
this dicktator

Tator as in "Russet per tater?"

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Perhaps theh misread Cayce, or interpreted Nostradamus to suit their needs. There are indeed some predictions (and something that lives in many a sublimal consciousness) that NY will perish either due to a very powerful weapon or some natural disaster.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm only worried that they'll end up nuking themselves & deprive the conspiracy world of some entertainment.

Really? I'm sure that action alone would fuel conspiracy theories for quite some time.

edit on 14-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

So what...1500 North Koreans are going to get together and throw a bomb at the Pacific side of the US, with the hopes of reach all across the mainland before it gets shot down?

LOL

I think there's a lot of internal strife going on in NK and this is just a prediction, but I think within 10 years that entire regime will collapse.

~Tenth

I'm with your line of thinking. Except sooner.
Desperate words lead to desperate actions, though. Whole lotta folks could end up dead due to this Asian knock off Jim Jones. On both sides. I may have a solution, though...

Kim's million man army could be stopped by setting up all you can eat buffets near the DMZ between the Koreas...put down your gun and enjoy. Just make sure they see others eating from the same buffet first.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Well the problem is the more this guy says it the less everyone cares. That is until the sky above them lights up tens times brighter than the sun, which is why we have to remain vigilant and take every threat seriously. There is good news here, these guys are not Islamic fundys they value self perseveration and because of that mutually assured destruction has value. even still, tyrants in desperate situations are capable of almost anything, so while he is like that loud mouth barely can stand drunk at a bar, he happens to have nuclear weapons and that's the way it should be viewed and of course dealt with.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
He's a fruit and nut basket case and a mini c.nt of a little runt. Its laughable and that picture speaks volumes!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Aww someone wants senpai to notice them...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Im LMAO right now. know why? the Tsar bomba is what he is refrencing. It was SO HEAVY it could not even had been mounted on a ICBM and had to be air dropped. And he claims its twice as big too huh? YEah good luck putting it on a ICBM Kimmy jong. It be hilarious they do that and it detonated on the launch pad with th ewhole world watching from spy sats and LTAO a s kimmy turns to plasma from being at ground zero.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This is my first attempt at a serious thread so go easy on me. I wasn't sure if this has been posted yet, but I am just curious to know from the rest of you when is enough enough with this mental midget?

This idiot just seems to be begging for attention all the time and I for one have had enough of the posturing. I say we quit waiting for him to act on his threats of preemptive strikes and send him to the proverbial kingdom come. We can not wait and as far as the world is concerned he is a huge pimple on the butt that deserves to be popped before it infects us any further.

Apparently someone beat me to it, my apologies. What I said in my OP still applies. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

(post by Sbondo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join