It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now, Tell Me Something GOOD- Nearly Deaf Dog Overwhelmed by Sight of Her Soldier Owner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, I thought it was time today for some good news and a shout out! This is a great story for all you dog lovers (and even if you arent). This is how my dogs act EVERY TIME I walk in the door after a long days work. As a wise woman once said, "She's not my dog, I am her Human"...

Enjoy!!

A 13-year-old golden retriever was so excited to be reunited with her soldier owner after three months that the dog seemed to cry.

Army Pvt. Hannah Foraker, 21, had never been away from home before, until she left for basic training for three months. When she came home to Cleveland for a visit, her elderly golden retriever, Buddy, seemed to be the most excited.

“When I came home we let her outside and, at first, she didn’t realize I was home,” Foraker told ABC News. “Then, she did a double-take and came back to me. That’s when she started crying and whimpering. She was so excited.”

Sweet Buddy

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Give me the option of talking to a room full of people and in another room, there's a dog.
I'd rather go play with the dog.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

We must be related David!!!

Thanks (as always) for posting!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Give me the option of talking to a room full of people and in another room, there's a dog.
I'd rather go play with the dog.

Even though I understand what you're saying, I can't help but think what a sad statement that our species has come to such a place, that we prefer an animal species over our own.

On topic: What a nice homecoming. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is how my dogs act EVERY TIME I walk in the door after a long days work. As a wise woman once said, "She's not my dog, I am her Human"...

This is how my dog acts EVERY TIME I go out to check the mail!!!!!! No long day's work required!!!!!

Also moving from room to room -
"where you going?"
"Just across the room."
"Can I come?"
"Well, sure - I guess."

Even when on 'the throne' - "What you doing mom?"

LOL!!!
F/S

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Even though I understand what you're saying, I can't help but think what a sad statement that our species has come to such a place, that we prefer an animal species over our own.

They don't judge us, or terrorize us (well, Cujo did, but that's because he was abused and rabid).....they are grateful for what we have together, they feel like they belong, and they love us UNCONDITIONALLY.

How many 'humans' pull that off?

I love Koko the gorilla, too -

too many "human" adults are just, well, jerks.........

I agree with you, though - it is sad that humans as a group have so many unpleasant attributes that we prefer domestic animals.

edit on 3/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join