It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some help with a recent PTSD diagnosis, please?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I used to think they were the craziest and most fake people ever! I'm realizing that's not entirely the truth with this thread, but they aren't far from it.

There has always been the weird hide it from the world bs going on. I think that open and honest is the only way to go through life. We all screw up and we are all responsible for those screw ups. Nobody makes the right choice in every single instance. To treat people like this blows my mind though. I don't even know how to process this right now.

Just because I got screwed up doesn't relieve me of my responsibilities to my children. I still owe them a safe home, food, shelter, love. Nothing will ever change that and I try to shield them from as much of this as possible. We may be loud, but we have a lot of love.

I don't understand how anyone would want their children to feel so miserable.

You know, my dad actually came to visit me a few years ago. He stood in my backyard and told me that they seriously thought if they went away for awhile they would come back and it would be all ok. He then in the next visit a year later stood in my front yard and admitted to me that he had never even liked me. But then he didn't want to talk about it.

He told me that in front of my eight year old son. I should have been done then. There's always part of me that wants them to be normal. I would love for my children to have grandparents. I guess it's just not in the cards.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Thank you for the wonderful reply. I believe one way to handle your parents is to write them a long letter, take your time writing it.

Explain what it is that bothers you the most. Sure your parents will not like it, but it is better to write the letter then having this conversation over the phone. Your mother will not have the upper hand on you, if you do this in a letter.

Stress is very damaging to anyone's body and you sure don't need it. I too have removed myself from stressful friends who love drama.

Let your parents know that you will not tolerate their behavior, and let them know they are not perfect either.

Also if mother calls you about the letter do not answer the phone, let her know this discussion will not be discussed over the phone in your letter, therefore "you" have control over this situation.

Let your mother know in your letter if she wants to address these problems that you all are having that it must be in a letter.

This may help you and your mom and could repair your relationship with your mom, however mom will know that she has to make some changes if she really loves her daughter.

This is an idea I just thought of that may help you resolve many issues with your family without everyone screaming and trying to get the underhand over you.

If this works please message me, I would love to know the out come and I truly hope it is good.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

What an excellent idea!
The simple things in life that are so easily overlooked in this day and age!
I will let you know! And I wish I could hug you right now!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Now why didn't I think of that to suggest? LOL

Let us know how it goes!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Keep everything you have, and all that you feel already helps you. Add oxygen, google it(foods, drinking water, deep breathing), even put it in a humidifier full of h202 in your room( my poor version of oxygen therapy). I worked at a hyperbaric oxygen chamber facility and this is crucial for overcoming ptsd(and future anxieties). You can buy a small chamber for $5000. Don't quit when you feel better, remember that you are now predisposed to trauma in the future, based on your past. I know that you will heal, because your quest for knowledge is strong, and keep my updated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join