It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the point of existing in a world 'without truth'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There are plenty of people out there who believe "there is no truth." If I recall correctly, some of them posted in the following thread. How they ever believe that they could communicate anything with words while they simultaneously believe that words have no meaning is beyond me.

How do people who believe 'There is no truth' function in society?

To begin with, I may or may not exist in a world without truth. Forget about trying to prove anything beyond whether or not I exist, I can't even prove I exist to someone who believes there's no truth. A world such as that makes the "Alice in Wonderland" story look reasonable, at least existence of things wasn't questioned there.

You can never own anything in a world without truth. So, why try to make your life better? Why try to make anyone else's life better?

How would anyone define "better"? As a matter of fact, you may as well throw out the entire dictionary.

Science and logic go in the trash can.

If there is no truth then I would choose non-existence.

There is no existence (in a philosophical sense) in a world without truth anyway.

Just typing this out is making me feel crazy.
edit on 14-3-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why would someone want to live in a world without lies, lies make you happy, ignorance is bliss.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Are you serious? ED Begley impersonation over....

You can live in truth when you cannot control others truth. Sheesh, if everyone jumps off a cliff , please don't jump!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I find the word "true" a vary vague term

See sometimes people may be telling you what they believe is their perspective on what's right or what's in their opinion wrong or unethical and completely against their vision of truth

Sometimes but the very same people can not hear or accept the fact when someone tells them their ultimate truth

Sometimes it can be even the simplest thing some people don't understand

For example : When I say I don't understand you it does NOT mean they are not willing to accept your principles of what's right .. It truly just means that they do not understand you (maybe they are Spanish and you are English they are not pretending they are just reading complex messages without having a clue as to what the person is saying)

Sometimes that's the simplest of the truths

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Exploit the 'Alice in Wonderland' matrix illusion of lies to your own advantage.

As it is all lies, laugh at it all because no matter what the matrix throws at you everyday, it can never kill you off. If it did, then it will have less low frequency vibration to feed off.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

How do people who believe 'There is no truth

Oxymoron - Believing there is no truth is a: "truth"

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Happiness?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You know what truth is?
It's that little baby you're holding, and it's that man you fought with this morning.
The same one you're going to make love with tonight. That's truth, that's love

Charlene - I've Never Been To Me Lyrics

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Speaking only for myself... The antidote to uncertainly about 'truth' for me?

Hope.

Everyone's mileage may vary.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There are two kinds of 'truth'.

There is the subjective 'truth' of what you believe (at any given moment) which is flexible according to time, place and circumstance.

Then there is TRUTH - physical and spiritual laws of nature - that apply whether you believe in them or not.

You may believe in, for example, 'the resurrection of the body' and hold it as truth because you believe that your source is truth. So it is true for you but nothing you could every say would convince me that it is true because your 'truth' cannot be sustaniated by physical or spiritual TRUTHs.

So truth can be very real at a subjective level but in order to 'prove' a truth is must have some basis in TRUTH.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If we live in a world without truth, then it is untrue we live in a world without truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I only know a couple of truths. I know that we're animals and we exist because DNA drove our ancestors to procreate, just as it compels us to procreate, and on and on and on. Another truth is that we're all going to die, and despite some interesting stories, dying is pretty much the end of us except for a small redistribution of chemicals and energy.

Good luck cobbling together a reason for existence out of that.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I was thinking a bit about spiritual truths not being provable to a third party but then the 2nd law (I think) of thermodynamics - the equal and opposite reaction one - supports the law of karma in theory. Empirical proof, during the course of one lifetime is problematic.

Well maybe we have to agree that only physical laws of nature can be considered TRUTH and all other truths are meerly non-collaborateable beliefs.

What stands is that Truth (with the capital T) applies in ALL cases regardless of belief.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If we live in a world without truth, then it is untrue we live in a world without truth.

If what you're saying is true, than a world without truth would be all that we knew to be true.

Armchair philosophy is fun!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
“I think therefore I am”, is an undeniable truth. Descartes’ Meditations explain this well. From there on you could claim it’s all speculation based on opinions from yours, or others’, perspective. Don’t be fooled by others’ opinions on whether there is truth or not. Find your own truth and carve your own path.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Love is the only ultimate truth

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You can never own anything in a world without truth. So, why try to make your life better? Why try to make anyone else's life better?

We live under an illusory world ie "real property" being defined as real estate; established by Law. Now this Law is subject to the whims of the Politicians Monarchs and vested interests. You only own anything as long as you can defend it in a court of Law. Until some invader takes it off you anyway, using propaganda and appeal to emotion.

"We are bringing democracy to the enemy with regime change"

If there is no truth then I would choose non-existence

But there can never be "enough truth" to justify why we exist - some things just are. Enjoy the good and dont dwell on the bad. If you go too far down the rabbit hole you may not make it back.

Love, Family Friends the occasional beer - keep life simple. If we have even helped a few people in opening their eyes there may still be a chance that we avoid falling off the precipice. We pray for a better tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The world/Universe is made in a very specific way physically, I find that to be true. A lot of scientists have spent their time trying to see more.

Every aspect of the fabric of it is a reflection of itself.

The more one finds themselves following that pattern, (and it looks different but the same for everyone).

The more one sees and understands.

It's been boiled down a few times.

I like Einstein's thought's on the subject.

Living in truth isn't for everyone clearly, but it's like being in presence.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What's the point of existing in a world 'without truth

This world runs on greed not truth so we all need be on guard filtering truth from the lies using our logic. If our logic fails its because our belief systems has already been polluted with lies from once trusted sources that have filtered through our defences. In that case to learn something new we need to unlearn everything else.

new topics

top topics

join