It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSS feeds not working any more.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The RSS feeds from this site has not been working for a few days and I just saw a thread in this forum about design changes, so are those two things related and will the RSS feed begin to work again at some point?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: scarystuff

The owners been working hard to recover from a recent DDOS attack over the weekend. That might have something to do with it as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A DDoS attack may temporarily block access to a website, but the DDoS in itself does not change any code on a website. So, if this was "just" a DDoS attack RSS feeds should work as usual.

Now, DDoS attacks are often used to mask a real break-in and of course, if the crackers got in they may have changed some code, and that may have caused the problems with RSS feeds. I have to assume there were no break-ins, as the site owners did not report them. They DID report a DDoS, but a DDoS in itself does not change layout or RSS feeds etc.

If I'm right - perhaps SO's can chime in - any changes made to the code to change the RSS functions have been made by the owners / maintainers of this site, and if there was a mistake, corrective actions have been engaged.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Now, DDoS attacks are often used to mask a real break-in and of course, if the crackers got in they may have changed some code, and that may have caused the problems with RSS feeds. I have to assume there were no break-ins, as the site owners did not report them. They DID report a DDoS, but a DDoS in itself does not change layout or RSS feeds etc.

Masking an attempted hack with DDOS may have prompted them to temporarily shut off RSS feeds during the duration, but I don't know. Thanks for the info.

Things got weird during the ddos, not just here.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is by no means an official answer...but I noticed my RSS feed was down right after the DDoS attack.
I'm sure SO is trying to get everything back 100%....and work on the upgrades as well.
As well as take care of IRL stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The feeds are working fine for me, and have been since mid-day yesterday.

What issues are you seeing today?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
RSS feeds working for me. I marked all unread feeds as read just to check, have just now received a new thread topic.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

yep....mine are working as well.

new topics

top topics

join