It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump a thug? Are we going to see more violence at political rallies?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: UKTruth

Can any honest person really say that it is Trump inciting violence?

Trump has brought his misfortune upon himself and the events that followed are the result of him saying incredibly stupid things. Cause and effect.

Once again " saying " things.

And the left defends violence, because he is " saying " things they don't like.

Yet the left says things those on the right don't like all the time, but violence is never right then is it?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There are still consequences to pay for the things you say.

And by what causal sequence do these consequences happen? Words come out of the mouth, that's for certain. Perhaps the sound waves travel to the listener. What other consequences do these magical words have?

link   
a reply to: Sargeras

We aren't defending violence. We are identifying why it is happening. There is a difference that Trump supporters are actively trying to ignore.
edit on 14-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: darkbake

I think that he is going to become a nationalist icon. Combined with his support of bullying and totalitarian tactics, this could turn into a mess.

I really don't see how its all Trumps fault all of a sudden. This country has been a cesspool for a while now.

In fact, thats a big part of his appeal as well I think. I haven't seen him say anything racist or sexist but that's all the establishment liars can talk about. He seems to upset alot of the status quo politicians, so thats why I'm getting out for the first time since 2004 and casting my pointless vote for him.

The cognitive dissonance in Trump supporters can be outstanding at times. These violent altercations ONLY happen at Trump events yet somehow Trump isn't the one that should be taking the blame here.

Right, because violent SJW's looking for trouble, find it. The media and the universities are instigating this crap, while folks like you distract and deflect.
edit on 14-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

link   
Just a bunch of whiney kids who are going to promote violence to get their way. Sounds familiar anymore doesn't it.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

At this point I'm not sure if you are trying to be clever in some failing sort of way or just trolling. Either way, it's clear that there is no intellectual merit in continuing this conversation.

Why? It's a simple question. Perhaps there is no intellectual merit to any argument you would put forward.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: darkbake

I think that he is going to become a nationalist icon. Combined with his support of bullying and totalitarian tactics, this could turn into a mess.

I really don't see how its all Trumps fault all of a sudden. This country has been a cesspool for a while now.

In fact, thats a big part of his appeal as well I think. I haven't seen him say anything racist or sexist but that's all the establishment liars can talk about. He seems to upset alot of the status quo politicians, so thats why I'm getting out for the first time since 2004 and casting my pointless vote for him.

The cognitive dissonance in Trump supporters can be outstanding at times. These violent altercations ONLY happen at Trump events yet somehow Trump isn't the one that should be taking the blame here.

Right, because violent SJW's looking for trouble, find it.

Yea, and Trump events appear to be a mixing pot of trouble.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And by what causal sequence do these consequences happen?

Depends on the situation.

You know damn well that there can be consequences for the words we say, but you are being intentionally obtuse to cover for the ridiculous statement you made earlier about words not having any effect.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Depends on the situation.

You know damn well that there can be consequences for the words we say, but you are being intentionally obtuse to cover for the ridiculous statement you made earlier about words not having any effect.

You don't know anything about what I'm being. Words don't have any effect. The confusion of your own feelings are not going to convince me otherwise. Give me one causal connection between words and their consequences, or you are attributing supernatural causation to inanimate objects, scribbles on paper, and guttural sounds—superstition.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Soros and his money. I mean, it is out in the open folks. There is basically a 'war' between those with the money and influence not only in the US but the world. This is where they are coming from. However, everyone is still calling Trump the bully. HE is the little guy who is taking on the big money bullies....

First, it was a few Muslims...that has faded. Then it was Mexican immigrants...it is also faded. Suddenly they realize they can make Trump a racist and use the 'off color' remarks he has made. It is the natural progression....

I think the LGBT is up next...then it will be the abortion protesters...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Soros and his money. I mean, it is out in the open folks. There is basically a 'war' between those with the money and influence not only in the US but the world. This is where they are coming from. However, everyone is still calling Trump the bully. HE is the little guy who is taking on the big money bullies....

The "little guy" who also happens to be a billionaire and connected to the social elite?

First, it was a few Muslims...that has faded. Then it was Mexican immigrants...it is also faded. Suddenly they realize they can make Trump a racist and use the 'off color' remarks he has made. It is the natural progression....

You make it sound like the left invented all the things that Trump said about those groups and that the hate and accusations of racism are unwarranted...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Perjury is an apt example. How about inciting a riot?

Words have an effect.

Words have consequences.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Straight out of Rules for Radicals, Saul Alinsky!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Words have an effect.

Words have consequences.

Repeating it doesn't make it true. Anyone can do that. Words do not have an effect. Words do not have consequences. Now we're back at the beginning.

What are the causal connections are between words and their consequences?

Is Trump some sort of wizard? It's almost like he speaks in magic spells, hypnotizing and coercing the public as if they had no volition, and thus, no blame for their actions.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Racial divisiveness towards minorities is generally a reason to start being fearful as a minority. Such words haven't traditionally worked out well for minorities after being said in this country. Especially when that divisiveness is something that "people want to hear" as you said.

Oh how true this is, but not for the reasons you probably envisage.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I gave you two examples in which your words have a direct consequence. Why did you not address that?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Racial divisiveness towards minorities is generally a reason to start being fearful as a minority. Such words haven't traditionally worked out well for minorities after being said in this country. Especially when that divisiveness is something that "people want to hear" as you said.

Oh how true this is, but not for the reasons you probably envisage.

Really? There is a history of racial demographics other than white saying hateful things to whites and then that resulting in racial crimes and legalized hate towards whites? Because I can't seem to think of when in history that was. That is unless you are talking about the last 8 years which doesn't even hold a candle to what whites have done to other racial demographics.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I gave you two examples in which your words have a direct consequence. Why did you not address that?

Neither example are the direct consequence of words, despite your claim. Libel and defamation cases are the direct consequence of someone filing a suit.

What are the causal connections between words and their consequences?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Personally, I still don't understand exactly why these protests are taking place to begin with. Is it a right to peacefully protest? Yes. But even assuming that these protests are carried out in such a way ( which they are not ), they really are unnecessary.

A good percentage of the GOP primaries are open. Merely by voting for the #2 polling candidate in these primaries by all these protestors would be enough to deny Trump the nomination in most cases. Then there's the general election. Putting out a massive effort to deny Trump Ohio and Florida, should he secure the GOP nomination, would ensure the Dem Nominee is the next President. In either case the problem of Trump is solved.

As I stated in another thread yesterday, this isn't the 60s. Protestors back then had no voice and practically no vote. Neither is the case now.

Another issue I take with all this are all the apologists for the bad, and sometimes criminal actions of the protesters. I keep hearing the same things both here and in the media...Trump's words have consequences. Allow me to demonstrate how ridiculous that assertation is.

I live in Arizona. A peculiar state to many. Not only do we have an unfettered right to carry concealed ( no government blessing needed ) , but we also have the right by our laws to use deadly force by threat of violence or bodily harm. That was most certainly happening both inside and outside the rally in Chicago. If such actions occur at a rally in Phoenix, Arizona, it is not inconceivable that some " protesters" could end up being shot and killed. Now, would the " protester " apologists both here, and in the media, use the same standard to judge those protesters? Would they point out that the threatening manner of said " protesters" led to the consequences that resulted? Or would they further demonize Trump and his supporters? I think that we already know the answer to that one. Double standards are so unbecoming of so-called " intellectuals"

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Now words can fly from the pulpit and bully people through some magical action at a distance.

Given that the main technique of the media and its parrots is name-calling and vitriol, it seems they hold the same superstition, even when proven their muckraking has little effect on Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join