It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump a thug? Are we going to see more violence at political rallies?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No one was threatened with violence at a Trump's rally ... except for protesters when they are ludicrously outnumbered by his thuggish cronies while he's calling for them to be beaten, kicked, or taken on on a stretcher.

Your shallow attempts to invert the facts are ridiculous. And boring.

Hilarious. Do you sell any tickets to your reality? You seem to have constructed quite an elaborate place there.

Proof. Do you have any?

Seriously, you mean of Trump supporters being threatened and attacked? Plenty of proof of that all through this thread including video evidence. have you been asleep since last Friday!

I'm aware of the false narrative. What we see in videos however, is simply that both sides were upset by Trump's cowardly cancellation. Most of us see people throwing punches at each other, yelling at each other, etc. etc. but in the minds of the faithful, like you apparently, there is only one side being assaulted, only one side being victimized.

Like typical bullies, Trump supporters don't want to "send protesters out on stretchers" unless they have a 1000 to one numerical advantage.

Video evidence? Like what? You mean the poor cop walking through with a bloody head after he was hit by a bottle? So, you know who threw that bottle then? I'm certain Chicago PD would like to know.

Trump's hateful rhetoric has created the situation. I don't approve of folks who decided to go in and disrupt the speech, but I do understand it. They stood up to thugs and bullies ... and the bullies and thugs, as they all do, starting whining about being victimized.

There were only five arrests ... and one of those was of a CBS reporter who was simply doing his job.

Trump cancelled without even letting Chicago PD know. His team (probably intentionally) CREATED this situation, and they were all ready to go with trying desperately to reverse the "fascist" narrative.

Hmm, biased rubbish in my view.
We're not going to see eye to eye on this one.

Well, isn't that convenient, LOL.

No, we're not going to see eye-to-eye. I'm focusing on the facts of the matter.

Hardly.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No one was threatened with violence at a Trump's rally ... except for protesters when they are ludicrously outnumbered by his thuggish cronies while he's calling for them to be beaten, kicked, or taken on on a stretcher.

Hilarious. Do you sell any tickets to your reality? You seem to have constructed quite an elaborate place there.

Proof. Do you have any?

Seriously, you mean of Trump supporters being threatened and attacked? Plenty of proof of that all through this thread including video evidence. have you been asleep since last Friday!

I'm aware of the false narrative. What we see in videos however, is simply that both sides were upset by Trump's cowardly cancellation. Most of us see people throwing punches at each other, yelling at each other, etc. etc. but in the minds of the faithful, like you apparently, there is only one side being assaulted, only one side being victimized.

Like typical bullies, Trump supporters don't want to "send protesters out on stretchers" unless they have a 1000 to one numerical advantage.

Video evidence? Like what? You mean the poor cop walking through with a bloody head after he was hit by a bottle? So, you know who threw that bottle then? I'm certain Chicago PD would like to know.

Trump's hateful rhetoric has created the situation. I don't approve of folks who decided to go in and disrupt the speech, but I do understand it. They stood up to thugs and bullies ... and the bullies and thugs, as they all do, starting whining about being victimized.

There were only five arrests ... and one of those was of a CBS reporter who was simply doing his job.

Trump cancelled without even letting Chicago PD know. His team (probably intentionally) CREATED this situation, and they were all ready to go with trying desperately to reverse the "fascist" narrative.

Hardly.

And yet, all you do is make generalized comments in return?

Prove anything I've stated here as being non-factual.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Trump is a beacon for hate groups and right-wing terrorist groups, so as his popularity rises so will the violence. It's in fact, what he wants.

We can only hope Trump's terrorist recruitment rallies are met with more resistence by true patriots and people of conscience who would fight against the uprising of his organized hate group, who's anti-American followers cheer for violence and the downfall of the establishment.

He does not represent the Republican party, as his followers know. He could go to any party because his ideals are founded in hate and violence. This terrorist leader thug is using the achilles heel of money in politics to buy his nomination, and take over the United States and bring about a rise of hate and tyranny.

edit on 17-3-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump is a beacon for hate groups and right-wing terrorist groups, so as his popularity rises so will the violence. It's in fact, what he wants.

We can only hope Trump's terrorist recruitment rallies are met with more resistence by true patriots and people of conscience who would fight against the uprising of his organized hate group, who's anti-American followers cheer for violence and the downfall of the establishment.

He does not represent the Republican party, as his followers know. He could go to any party because his ideals are founded in hate and violence. This terrorist leader thug is using the achilles heel of money in politics to buy his nomination, and take over the United States and bring about a rise of hate and tyranny.

SO, Trump calling for no more illegal immigration is worse than this guy..one of the ones who protested...

Prominent ‘Black Lives Matter’ activist and rapper Tef Poe has a message for “white people”: If Donald Trump wins the presidency, “niggas” will ‘incite riots everywhere’.
“Dear white people if Trump wins young niggas such as myself are fully hell bent on inciting riots everywhere we go. Just so you know,” Poe tweeted today.

The above is the reason that you have hate in the streets and at these rallys....

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

A beacon for hate groups. Since that includes racist hate groups of course you will find clashes there.

Trump, the ring leader, stays consistent in his ideals of hate and violence. He campaigns to be the first true neo-fascist dictator of The United States of America.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Proof. Do you have any?

Hardly.

I already did but clearly you are not going to listen, so its rather pointless even conversing.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

SO, Trump calling for no more illegal immigration is worse than this guy..one of the ones who protested...

Prominent ‘Black Lives Matter’ activist and rapper Tef Poe has a message for “white people”: If Donald Trump wins the presidency, “niggas” will ‘incite riots everywhere’.
“Dear white people if Trump wins young niggas such as myself are fully hell bent on inciting riots everywhere we go. Just so you know,” Poe tweeted today.

The above is the reason that you have hate in the streets and at these rallys....

I wouldn't bother even trying to debate it. The hate filled finger pointers, threatened that their PC world is about to explode, are never going to listen. When people who get off on controlling others perceive a risk of losing that control, the result is nearly always extreme accusations against the person taking it from them. That's life.

Trump should simply adopt Reagan's tactics should he be elected. Allow people their 1st amendment right to protest. Use all force necessary, including lethal, should people turn to violent or destructive protest. Simple, effective and fair.
edit on 17/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Proof. Do you have any?

Hardly.

I already did but clearly you are not going to listen, so its rather pointless even conversing.

Only because you think your statement of disagreement proves something factual.

It doesn't.

Good day.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
How funny that the people who cry about leftists wanting to "control others" are glad to gleefully suggest that deadly force be used against those how who are merely exercising their rights.

Funny=not funny. Horrifying.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Is Donald Trump a thug? Are we going to see more violence at political rallies?

First, and for the record, there is not a single candidate that I would choose to vote for as PotUS.
Now then, that said... the thuggery at many of Trump's gatherings and speeches has been sent in by numerous outside instigators and agitators.
Some people say Sanders is behind it. Other suggest that Hillary and Bernie are hand in hand in stirring the dirt. But then again, still others suggest that Trump imported people who hate him and paid them to start trouble by rioting and disrupting his own events.

No matter. Whoever or whatever is behind it needs to check their diapers for the stink.

'Nuff said. have a nice day

edit on 17-3-2016 by redoubt because: snug

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

How funny that the people who cry about leftists wanting to "control others" are glad to gleefully suggest that deadly force be used against those how who are merely exercising their rights.

Funny=not funny. Horrifying.

How funny it is to read distortions of what people said in order to try and control. Sorry but the game playing does not work anymore. Get over it.

Lethal force is legitimate if necessary to control violent and destructive crowds. It's been used before and will be again if a group of people who cant get their own way resort to violence in the streets. No person protesting peacefully should get into trouble, but some people seem to think slashing, burning, and destroying is protected as 'merely excercisng their rights'. Too funny.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Proof. Do you have any?

Hardly.

It doesn't.

Good day.

Nope video evidence is pretty conclusive, but I understand that those with an agenda could proclaim black to be white and white to be black if it suited their aims.

Thank you - I am having a great day

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Proof. Do you have any?

Hardly.

It doesn't.

Good day.

Nope video evidence is pretty conclusive, but I understand that those with an agenda could proclaim black to be white and white to be black if it suited their aims.

I'm tempted to let you have the "last word" so that the screen scroll will stop, but, again ... the videos do not show any sort of one-sided violence/assault ONLY on the part of the Trump dissenters, and frankly, you are the last poster that needs to attempt to obliquely refer to "those with an agenda" when yours is as painfully obvious as the blood on that poor cop's face.

By the way, if you want to actually discuss facts ... wheres your evidence that the bottle was thrown by a Trump protester?

You're trying to waltz by all the questions directed to you about facts ... why is that?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Proof. Do you have any?

Hardly.

It doesn't.

Good day.

I'm tempted to let you have the "last word" so that the screen scroll will stop, but, again ... the videos do not show any sort of one-sided violence/assault ONLY on the part of the Trump dissenters, and frankly, you are the last poster that needs to attempt to obliquely refer to "those with an agenda" when yours is as painfully obvious as the blood on that poor cop's face.

By the way, if you want to actually discuss facts ... wheres your evidence that the bottle was thrown by a Trump protester?

You're trying to waltz by all the questions directed to you about facts ... why is that?

Only limited research will give the answers you seek. I have done mine and far deeper too.

Start with those that were charged (one is a very typical story of a thug who gets arrested and then cries that the police beat her - always someone elses fault with these liberals) Watch the videos of thugs blocking cars and ambulances from getting away.. listen to accounts. Read about those that organised it all and their hate filled rhetoric after the event. It's all there. You just have work at understanding what happened.

If you still think it was a peaceful protest by people 'merely exercising their rights' then you have a distorted view of the law.

I have made my determination on what I saw , heard and read. Thugs violently intimidated Trump supporters who fought back in pockets but were largely very restrained and a credit to themselves. The only reason it was not a blood bath was because Trump made a sensible and smart decision (showing true leadership) and his supporters filed out and went home, not rising to the taunting and provocation from the thugs.

You can make any determination you like.

The republican voters of Chicago certainly made theirs, voting for Trump in droves. Almost 50% of Trumps entire winning margin over Cruz in Illinois at the end of the election night came from Cook County and Illinois as a whole went big for Trump, with Cruz's much publicised district strategy to win delegates obliterated. Trump took 54 of the 69 Illinois delegates. Those thugs basically secured Illinois for Trump - would have been much closer without them, so I guess Trump should send them a message of thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Trump is a beacon for hate groups. There will be more violence, because that is what he wants. He himself admits the speeches are boring, violence is where the fun is at his rallies. He is organizing and mobilizing hate groups. When you are a ring leader of hate, violent clashes are inevitable. He is using the Achilles heel of money in politics combined with extreme anti-establishment anger to build his hateful army and buy his nomination.

He supports war crimes and, as expected by a hate group and potential domestic terrorist leader, encourages violence against those who protest against him, and promises to silence dissent if he is elected. His push for anti-PC specifically relates to his calls for violence.

He is not fit for presidency.

Republicans and Democrats both see the threat, as does the rest of the world. His anti-establishment supporters, so blinded by their hatred of the United States government, can only see this united front against Trump as proof of government corruption and conspiracy against the American people. This only strengthens their anti-American resolve to burn it all down.

Years of hateful right-wing rhetoric without condemnation allowed this to happen. Money in politics allowed this to happen. And now a man has risen potentially more powerful than the establishment itself, because he has his own money and an army of hate behind him.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Obama is a beacon for hate groups. There will be more violence, because that is what he wants. He himself admits the speeches are boring, violence is where the fun is at his targets. He is organizing and mobilizing hate groups. When you are a ring leader of hate, violent clashes are inevitable. He is using the Achilles heel of race in politics combined with extreme left wing control ideologies to build his hateful army and justify his illegal laws.

He supports war crimes and, as expected by a hate group and potential domestic terrorist leader, encourages violence against those who protest against him, and promises to silence dissent if he is challenged. His push for extreme PC specifically relates to his calls for violence.

Republicans and Democrats both see the threat, as does the rest of the world. His left wing control freak supporters, so blinded by their hatred of the United States principles of freedom, can only see this united front of patriotism as proof of the need for total control and conspiracy against the American people. This only strengthens their anti-American resolve to burn it all down if they cant get their way.

Years of hateful left-wing rhetoric without condemnation allowed this to happen. Money in politics allowed this to happen. And now a man has risen significantly more powerful than the forces that would apply the law, because he has his own money and an army of hate behind him.

90% of that was excellent.

To help, I have replaced the bits above in bold to make it more accurate. No charge.

Well done.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Obama is a beacon for hate groups. There will be more violence, because that is what he wants. He himself admits the speeches are boring, violence is where the fun is at his targets. He is organizing and mobilizing hate groups. When you are a ring leader of hate, violent clashes are inevitable. He is using the Achilles heel of race in politics combined with extreme left wing control ideologies to build his hateful army and justify his illegal laws.

He supports war crimes and, as expected by a hate group and potential domestic terrorist leader, encourages violence against those who protest against him, and promises to silence dissent if he is challenged. His push for extreme PC specifically relates to his calls for violence.

Republicans and Democrats both see the threat, as does the rest of the world. His left wing control freak supporters, so blinded by their hatred of the United States principles of freedom, can only see this united front of patriotism as proof of the need for total control and conspiracy against the American people. This only strengthens their anti-American resolve to burn it all down if they cant get their way.

Years of hateful left-wing rhetoric without condemnation allowed this to happen. Money in politics allowed this to happen. And now a man has risen significantly more powerful than the forces that would apply the law, because he has his own money and an army of hate behind him.

90% of that was excellent.

To help, I have replaced the bits above in bold to make it more accurate. No charge.

Well done.

You're a funny guy.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nicely done. I disagree, but nicely done.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So, your counters are: "I've done more research than you have; therefore I am right."

1. You don't know what kind of research I have done.

2. Declaring that you're right because you're right is mere tautology.

"One of the protesters was arrested and made false claims"

1. Which one? Why don't you provide a link to the information that verifies your comment? There were 9000 folks inside (near capacity) and probably about 2-3000 of those were protesters. There were no real conflicts or interchanges until Trump chickened out, and then the trouble started, and there was just as much threat and assault from the Trump supporters as from the protesters (if not more since the dissenters were outnumbered 2-to-1).

2. Vapid generalizations about what "liberals always do" is mere partisan rhetoric and does nothing to prove your case.

"I understand what happened; if you don't agree you're mistaken or uninformed."

1. Please, if you can't argue better than that I'm wasting my time. You're fallaciously appealing to your own authority.

"You can make any determination you like."

Why thank you. Also, I'm not working to make a "determination" I'm reviewing the facts of the matter, to which your only response is "you're wrong" while proving NOTHING.

Let's review the facts:

1. The event was open invitation to the public, requiring only online registration.

2. There are no records of altercations between supporters and dissenters inside the pavillion UNTIL Trump chickened out.

3. There were altercations, certainly, pushing and shoving, and a few protesters resisted being escorted out easily and were arrested. But there was not some wide-spread roving band of leftists handing out thug violence to the poor innocent Trump people. That is just blatant and utter dishonesty.

For example, here from eyewitnesses at the event:

Incidents justifiably termed "violent" did occur outside of the rally after the "postponement" announcement. Tension inside the pavilion escalated as bitterly disappointed Trump supporters reacted to the elation of Trump protesters. The announcement by the Trump campaign to shut down the event led thousands in the pavilion to jump for joy, cheer and wave banners. At this point, some scuffles and face-offs occurred, and University of Illinois at Chicago police intervened quickly despite the fact that the Trump campaign gave law enforcement no prior warning of the cancellation. They and the Chicago Police Department evacuated the pavilion in an orderly manner. As Trump supporters left, some made obscene gestures, threw bottles and shouted at chanting protesters.

... but I'm sure, the extensive research you've done means more than witness accounts from people WHO WERE ACTUALLY PRESENT.

As to the arrests that you're Trumpeting about ...

Most arrests that did occur were the consequence of a civil disobedience staged one block north of the pavilion, at an intersection where those leaving the rally by car had to turn to get onto the 290 West Expressway. Over 30 people from Assata's Daughters, Black Lives Matter Chicago, Organized Communities Against Deportations, Lifted Voices and the Chicago League of Abolitionist Whites locked arms to prevent cars from turning west toward the expressway. Creating "soft blockades" as acts of civil disobedience, the people doing this peaceably disruptive action planned to get arrested. However, some Trump supporters tried to run into them with their cars as they U-turned to seek an alternative exit. Others walked toward them and pushed them to the ground, when they could have passed by them via the sidewalk. Other protesters not related to these groups confronted the Trump supporters, some scuffles ensued and the Chicago Police Department intervened.

Reference: Setting the Record Straight about the Trump Rally in Chicago - Truthout

The attempt to flip the narrative here and portray Trump and his minions as "the victims" is simply not borne out by the facts.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So, your counters are: "I've done more research than you have; therefore I am right."

1. You don't know what kind of research I have done.

2. Declaring that you're right because you're right is mere tautology.

"One of the protesters was arrested and made false claims"

1. Which one? Why don't you provide a link to the information that verifies your comment? There were 9000 folks inside (near capacity) and probably about 2-3000 of those were protesters. There were no real conflicts or interchanges until Trump chickened out, and then the trouble started, and there was just as much threat and assault from the Trump supporters as from the protesters (if not more since the dissenters were outnumbered 2-to-1).

2. Vapid generalizations about what "liberals always do" is mere partisan rhetoric and does nothing to prove your case.

"I understand what happened; if you don't agree you're mistaken or uninformed."

1. Please, if you can't argue better than that I'm wasting my time. You're fallaciously appealing to your own authority.

"You can make any determination you like."

Why thank you. Also, I'm not working to make a "determination" I'm reviewing the facts of the matter, to which your only response is "you're wrong" while proving NOTHING.

Let's review the facts:

1. The event was open invitation to the public, requiring only online registration.

2. There are no records of altercations between supporters and dissenters inside the pavillion UNTIL Trump chickened out.

3. There were altercations, certainly, pushing and shoving, and a few protesters resisted being escorted out easily and were arrested. But there was not some wide-spread roving band of leftists handing out thug violence to the poor innocent Trump people. That is just blatant and utter dishonesty.

For example, here from eyewitnesses at the event:

Incidents justifiably termed "violent" did occur outside of the rally after the "postponement" announcement. Tension inside the pavilion escalated as bitterly disappointed Trump supporters reacted to the elation of Trump protesters. The announcement by the Trump campaign to shut down the event led thousands in the pavilion to jump for joy, cheer and wave banners. At this point, some scuffles and face-offs occurred, and University of Illinois at Chicago police intervened quickly despite the fact that the Trump campaign gave law enforcement no prior warning of the cancellation. They and the Chicago Police Department evacuated the pavilion in an orderly manner. As Trump supporters left, some made obscene gestures, threw bottles and shouted at chanting protesters.

... but I'm sure, the extensive research you've done means more than witness accounts from people WHO WERE ACTUALLY PRESENT.

As to the arrests that you're Trumpeting about ...

Most arrests that did occur were the consequence of a civil disobedience staged one block north of the pavilion, at an intersection where those leaving the rally by car had to turn to get onto the 290 West Expressway. Over 30 people from Assata's Daughters, Black Lives Matter Chicago, Organized Communities Against Deportations, Lifted Voices and the Chicago League of Abolitionist Whites locked arms to prevent cars from turning west toward the expressway. Creating "soft blockades" as acts of civil disobedience, the people doing this peaceably disruptive action planned to get arrested. However, some Trump supporters tried to run into them with their cars as they U-turned to seek an alternative exit. Others walked toward them and pushed them to the ground, when they could have passed by them via the sidewalk. Other protesters not related to these groups confronted the Trump supporters, some scuffles ensued and the Chicago Police Department intervened.

Reference: Setting the Record Straight about the Trump Rally in Chicago - Truthout

The attempt to flip the narrative here and portray Trump and his minions as "the victims" is simply not borne out by the facts.

I could tell you had not done any research at all before because you were asking questions you should have known the answers to, hence prompting you to do at least some work on the subject you are talking about. At least you have now gone away and done something.

In terms of the protester arrested, charged and now blaming the police and crying victim, dig deeper. Its not that hard to find.

We could go all day posting statements - I could post a video one of a Trump supporter recalling how he tried to duck down to get away after his cap was clipped off his head and when he did the punches flew into his face as he tried to get away. I could keep going. Pretty boring though when its so clear left wing organisations planned and executed violence for political purposes and to shut down free speech.

We could go on, but really I have already written you off as someone unable to get past your hatred of Trump. I can only assume you are afraid of him and the social control you have enjoyed for so long being taken away from you. You should start to adjust now because less and less people are being bullied into coddling aggressors who claim to be victims.

By the way, thanks for the link.. i started reading and then realised it was a progressive site. Worthless. Here is a view from an equally worthless right wing site

rightwingnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join