It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump a thug? Are we going to see more violence at political rallies?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You know, you actually might be able to classify him as a thug in regards to the cartel, the establishment, the bought and paid for media complex and political climate at large.

Our political and media complex is chalk full of bought and paid for pansies who care for nothing else than lining their pockets through backroom deals and making sure one another is taken care of. There is no bravado, there is no willingness to step up against the real issues, there is no capability or intention of going against the grain. It's no surprise that mirrors our nation at large where fewer people can think for themselves and fall into more of a "group think" classification.

The great leaders in world history could in a certain context be classified as a thug. Why? They step up and fight against a much larger entity and do what's unpopular.

So in closing, I'd argue you could classify Trump as a thug and that in that context, it's a positive, it's what this nation needs. The opposition wants to sit there and cry about hurt feelings and how direct/mean the guy is, how insulting he is by suggesting we need to protect our borders and serve Americans. Country has gone soft. Perspective, gone.

A dark cloud hangs over this country and here we have a guy finally willing to stand up to it all.

Almost brings a tear to my eye. I'll back this thug. Proudly.
edit on 14-3-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

These violent altercations ONLY happen at Trump events yet somehow Trump isn't the one that should be taking the blame here.

Exactly.

They only seem to happen at Trump rallies. And you don't think that its on purpose?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I already have. You are trying to go in circles because you realize the hole you have dug.

And you have such great insight into what others think and are trying to do. More superstition.

Now why would my opinion on the "evilness" of Hitler or Nazis matter? You provided a quoted statement. Who are these people that say "Trump said some things I don't like, therefor he is evil"? Whom said it?

You said it. You created the non-sequitur so that you could subsequently tear it down.

I never quoted anyone. I stated it as such for brevity. How should I word it for you? Trump said some things, therefor we should protest him? Trump said some things, therefor we should rush the stage and attack him? Trump said some things, therefor we should call him Hitler and his supporters Nazis? Which one to you is not a “straw man”? I am willing to correct my wording.

The fact remains that you tried to start this conversation by saying words did not have consequence, which is absurd. Then you tried to make it some philosophical nuttery only to finally concede on that point.

I never conceded that point, because you propped up a straw man and pretended to win the argument. Words do not have consequences. You asked me if people should be held accountable for what they say not whether words have consequences, and I agreed. Sorry but, “Should people be held accountable for what they say?” is not the same as “do words have consequences?”. These are completely different arguments—one is mine, the other is your misrepresentation. Straw man—an actual one this time.

Yes; words do not have consequences, and if you are unable to come up with a causal connection between the words and their consequences, you are the one speaking absurdities. Then you dismiss my argument as being philosophical, in the wrong forum, and something to do with LaLa Land. I'm glad you're here as the arbitrator of intellectual honesty, all while supplying us plenty of double standards of course.

That is when you decided to create the straw man fallacy by making claims of people believing him to be evil since he says things they don't like. How do you know they think he is evil? Because of the signs they have in their hands...none of which say anything about evil?

Because they are protesting him. Because they call him Hitler. Because they call his supporters Nazis. Because they think he must be stopped. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that we are not in the habit of calling good people Hitler and Nazis, that we don't protest people we like.

Here. I went to Twitter and typed in “Trump” and “Evil” and pulled up some tweets for you.

this made my stomach turn knowing that people support someone as evil as trump, everyone needs to read this

Ever just feel like there is something ominous and evil around you? I felt this, then learned Trump was staying down the block from me.

@SaveUSA2014 I know how evil and reckless Trump is as well. Like I said mark my words

Trump is staying at a hotel a few blocks from my apartment. No wonder my dog has been acting funny; apparently they CAN sense evil.

Trump has made clear his evil. You who support him are as damned. You who make excuses for either are as damned.

It looks like I was correct. People think and say Trump is evil. Now why do you think people think he is evil? Did he kill someone?

To come to the conclusion you have, you must make a lot of assumptions and, well, fabricate bull#.

You have no idea whether or not his detractors believe him to be evil and you cannot attribute that quoted statement you provided. You made it up.

Not very intellectually honest of you.

So how do you know what I decided and wanted to do? I'm curious how you've arrived at these conclusions regarding my wants, desires and thought patterns. Maybe it's a form of projection? Is it some weird empathy? Or is it straight up psychic abilities?

edit on 14-3-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Trump isn't a thug, although he does have some old school mafia ties. However, that doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment, he's more of an agitator. He likes to get people riled up, he likes to insult people and go after the lowest common denominator. Not very presidential, but definitely not a Thug. He's divisive though.

Some of you guys think President Obama is a divisive president. LOL If Trump gets in, you'll see what divisive really means.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Are you kidding me? These protesters were left wing commies who came to Trumps rally and started the violence. Trump didn't incite them these punks came to stop him from getting his message out. They attack Trump and you ask if Trumps a thug? If one of the Benghazi family members Shillary lied to ran up on stage and attacked her would you blame Shillary or her attacker?
I have a excellent video for you to watch.It's short so please don't dismiss it. Please watch this and give me your opinion.
edit on 15-3-2016 by fartsmeller46 because: wrong video link

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-3-2016 by fartsmeller46 because: 3rd times a charm

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
You guys really need to decide if the March 11 protesters were "commies" or "Natzis" ... it'll help with your narrative.

Also ... perhaps you guys caught this article in the Post a few days ago: Donald Trump's Chicago Scam

But now important voices warn us that America is on the brink of chaos despite the fact that Friday’s spectacle in Chicago was more reality show than political revolt.

The rally was canceled, we were told, because law enforcement officials consulted with the campaign and concluded that scrubbing the event was in the best interest of public safety. One problem: The Chicago Police Department said that never actually happened.

And if you find that curious, perhaps you will find it even more interesting that a political campaign whose security has been so stifling as to draw angry comparisons to fascist regimes would plan a key rally for Trump in the middle of a racially diverse urban campus. The fact that this campus sits in the middle of a city that is so Democratic that it has not elected a Republican mayor since before Franklin Roosevelt was sworn in as president makes the venue’s selection even more bizarre.

You don't think the Trump campaign might have STAGED this "event" intentionally dead-center in one of the most strongly Democratic areas of the nation for a REASON do you?

You don't think the Trump campaign didn't bother to take their own tickets at the door for entry for a REASON do you?

Following the rally’s cancellation, Trump supporters expressed surprise at the number of protesters that were filling the lines and streaming into the event on a campus that is 25 percent Hispanic, 25 percent Asian and 8 percent black. William Daley, son of former Chicago mayor Richard J. Daley, did not share that surprise. “Whoever picked that location knew what they were doing as far as poking that sleeping dog there,” Daley said, suggesting to the New York Times that the venue was staged for the purpose of provoking protests that would energize Trump’s own supporters.

This isn't a Presidential campaign ... it's a Realty TV Show.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I want to share what one of my co-workers said yesterday when discussing the Trump rally in Chicago: "He should have KNOWN better than to come to MY town...." (not that it matters, but she is proudly hispanic and hates Trump for his stance on illegal immigration......) THIS is the attitude in Chicago all around....that's all I ever hear people talk about now.....on the EL.....at the corner cafe, coffee shop.....even amongst the skunk smelling, arse showing punks that prowl my Roger's Park "hood"......"this is OUR town and how dare he come here....etc etc"

My husband the "hippy" stated immediately that Trump had definitely picked his spot on purpose....and that it is damn good "free" advertising for him....it's ALL people are talking about.

As I mentioned before: The local "protest" groups are VERY organized in Chicago. I saw it myself when I went to my first (and last) protest during the Bush years.....

Everything in the US is a "show" it seems to me.....our collective consciousness is molded by what we see, hear and read on the TV, internet, etc......America is GREAT at putting on magic shows.....and a great circus it is this go around.....and it seems to me, when there is a GREAT production given by the media.....something else is going on in the background that is MUCH more important and newsworthy......

Now I'm off to vote in the primary........

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, and Trump events appear to be a mixing pot of trouble.

Left wing Bernie supporters violent shut down free speech and you blame "Trump events". Amazing.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Free speech was not "shut down." There was no government action against free speech.

If the protesters were not welcome, they should have been stopped at the doors. Did they hide their Bernie shirts and placcards?

The event was open to all, even more so, as the online registration tickets were not being taken at the doors.

Mr. Trump cancelled his event when he realized he might be in front of a less than "faithful" crowd or ...

... the whole thing was staged in order to capture more news cycles.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Free speech was not "shut down." There was no government action against free speech.

If the protesters were not welcome, they should have been stopped at the doors. Did they hide their Bernie shirts and placcards?

The event was open to all, even more so, as the online registration tickets were not being taken at the doors.

Mr. Trump cancelled his event when he realized he might be in front of a less than "faithful" crowd or ...

... the whole thing was staged in order to capture more news cycles.

Yes they did hide their affiliation.
Is there anything else you'd like to blame Trump for?
Just let it all out in long list - start with the Crusades and go from there.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: Krazysh0t

These violent altercations ONLY happen at Trump events yet somehow Trump isn't the one that should be taking the blame here.

Exactly.

They only seem to happen at Trump rallies. And you don't think that its on purpose?

Progressive left wing terrorists have always been around.

Having said that - I think the attack on Reagan was Trump's fault, LOL

Here is how Reagan dealt with protesters - and obviously Reagan did end up being just like Hitler, didn't he?

This is exactly how people who break the law should be dealt with - regardless of whether the poor little dears claim they were incited.

Let the words he used sink in when he addressed and criticised the university professors who encouraged young people to cause havoc.

RONALD REAGAN:
Those who should know better let young people think they could choose the laws they would obey as long as they were doing it in the name of social protest

So, let me ask the people attacking Trump - was Reagan a Nazi? Or is this just history repeating, with nasty left wing thugs who think they are entitled to crap all over everyone else and them claim to be victims?

edit on 15/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I feel everything I just read that wrote was a copy paste from a CNN article.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And this is how left wing bullies who try to shout down people should be spoken to.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Sooo ... you said it and that makes it true? LOL, it wodl be great if it were that simple, wouldn't it?

Prove it. Prove that the protesters "hid their affiliation."

Also, while you're proving that, show where I "blamed Trump" for anything.

You're talking through your hat.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth

Sooo ... you said it and that makes it true? LOL, it wodl be great if it were that simple, wouldn't it?

Prove it. Prove that the protesters "hid their affiliation."

Also, while you're proving that, show where I "blamed Trump" for anything.

You're talking through your hat.

I listened to the people in the centre at the time. I watched the live feeds.
There was no sign that these people were not there for Trump until they started rioting.
Do your research. I have.

You blamed Trump for organising the protest

It's just another in a long line of events Trump has already been blamed for.

Violent thugs organised by the left caused chaos to shut down Trump's rally. It's just that simple.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake>>> The thugs are the ones storming the Trump rallies and the ones bankrolling them. I don't like Trump but he doesn't mince words and doesn't give a # about being PC like the other politicians. That corrupt hag Hillary is more to blame for the violent protests as is George Soros.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So, your response to a request for evidence is "it's true because I watched a video" ... fair enough. I disagree.

No, I did not "blame Trump" ... not very careful with accuracy, are you?

"Violent thugs" (openly debatable) "organized by the left" (which left? Who?) caused chaos (no, the only chaos ensued after Trump chickened out).

Trump's events are nothing more than a gathering of authoritarian "thugs" ... cowards who can only thrive when they outnumber their victims hundreds to one. Trump can only speak in front of faithful followers who raise their right arms in praise to him.

There are no facts to support your charges.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
I'm sorry, but this country has somehow produced a bunch of people who no longer take responsibility for their own actions......blaming Trump for the violence at his rallies is like blaming a woman for being raped because she wore a short dress, in my book......

I am voting for Trump because I would do ANYTHING to stop Hitlery......AND I like what he has to say.....AND, most importantly...because the BIG boys are running scared from Trump.....Trump is upsetting the very folks who, in my opinion, have DESTROYED America. I personally think it is too late.....America as I grew up with....is OVER......

I LIVE IN chicago and my husband has worked with some of these organizations back in the Bush days when he was protesting against the war in Iraq.......these are VERY organized people.......

At any rate, we can debate and finger point all we want.....but something BIG is going on in this country and we need to keep our eyes VERY WIDE OPEN for THAT....not get all "hey look, Squirrels" on the circus called politics that is going on right now to keep our ADD minds occupied.......

wanna blame someone? blame the media...they are called whores for a reason!!!!!

It's outrageous that Trump is blamed for violence when it is those opposing him that have started and caused it all. These clowns are incensed that he dares say things most people only think and their self-righteousness brings them to his rallies, looking for trouble. The trouble-makers are adults and we are normally held responsible for our actions. There is no excuse for not holding the trash that litters Trumps peaceful rallies with violence fully accountable for their ignorant actions. The fact is, he is exercising free speech -- he isn't, and hasn't told anyone (oh, now he's threatened, but only as a response) to protest at Hillary or Bernie's rallies. That's much more than these leftist losers can say. They have literally gone insane at the prospect that someone who is not PC will become president.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

WHAT proof do you have ,they ARE in fact ,Cowards and thugs ONE and all?
Cough it up comedian.

edit on 16-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Gryphon66

WHAT proof do you have ,they ARE in fact ,Cowards and thugs ONE and all?
Cough it up comedian.

Didn't you see the reports on the rally?

Haven't you seen the video evidence of individuals being kicked and beaten at Trump rallies? which only happens when there are a few or single protesters?

The crowd wasn't so willing to take on folks that were similiar in number, were they? Suddenly, instead of yelling and kicking someone else, they were whining and crying that they were being repressed and victimized.

You can call that behavior what you will ...I call it thuggery and cowardice.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join