It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain-Damaged UK Victims of Swine Flu Vaccine to Get £60 Million Compensation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
did a search and couldnt find anything on it so thought i would share another vaccine case.

Patients who suffered brain damage as a result of taking a swine flu vaccine are to receive multi-million-pound payouts from the UK government. The government is expected to receive a bill of approximately £60 million, with each of the 60 victims expected to receive about £1 million each.

Following the swine flu outbreak of 2009, about 60 million people, most of them children, received the vaccine. It was subsequently revealed that the vaccine, Pandemrix, can cause narcolepsy and cataplexy in about one in 16,000 people, and many more are expected to come forward with the symptoms.

Across Europe, more than 800 children are so far known to have been made ill by the vaccine.

Despite a 2011 warning from the European Medicines Agency against using the vaccine on those under 20 and a study indicating a 13-fold heightened risk of narcolepsy in vaccinated children, GSK has refused to acknowledge a link. "Further research is needed to confirm what role the vaccine may have played in the development of narcolepsy in those affected," the company said in a statement.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

thoughts? opinions? this is just another example of vaccines ruining lifes, if i ever have kids they wont be getting any shots, if vaccines were truly safe the vaccine court wouldnt be paying out so much.
edit on 14-3-2016 by theboarman because: mistakes

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
did a search and couldnt find anything on it so thought i would share another vaccine case.

Patients who suffered brain damage as a result of taking a swine flu vaccine are to receive multi-million-pound payouts from the UK government. The government is expected to receive a bill of approximately £60 million, with each of the 60 victims expected to receive about £1 million each.

Following the swine flu outbreak of 2009, about 60 million people, most of them children, received the vaccine. It was subsequently revealed that the vaccine, Pandemrix, can cause narcolepsy and cataplexy in about one in 16,000 people, and many more are expected to come forward with the symptoms.

Across Europe, more than 800 children are so far known to have been made ill by the vaccine.

Despite a 2011 warning from the European Medicines Agency against using the vaccine on those under 20 and a study indicating a 13-fold heightened risk of narcolepsy in vaccinated children, GSK has refused to acknowledge a link. "Further research is needed to confirm what role the vaccine may have played in the development of narcolepsy in those affected," the company said in a statement.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

thoughts? opinions? this is just another example of vaccines ruining lifes, if i ever have kids they wont be getting any shots.

I hope those who developed narcolepsy after having the vaccine are fully compensated as it must be dreadful for them.

The people who developed narcolepsy after getting the actual virus the vaccine was for won't be so fortunate though.

Basically, those who had a genetic predisposition to developing narcolepsy would have got it either with the vaccine or with the flu.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm not a parent of any humans but I have a fur baby. My cat's dad is anti-vaccine, but I sneak my cat to the vets for shots because my cat is territorial and gets into fights sometimes. I get him all the vaccines which have been around a long time. The only one I don't get him is the one for FIV and in talking with my Vet, he is in agreement. It is a new vaccine and we don't know enough about it's long tern effects.
So, with that said, I believe there are vaccines for humans that have been around long enough to know they are safe and important to get. Any new vaccines should be proven 100% safe for use by humans before ever being distributed. Vaccines can be good, but more cures need to be worked on as well.
Sadly, animals have to be tested on to create safe vaccines, but I'm not sure of how else they could test things without harming humans.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

There goes my yearly bonus......

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

what do you mean?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

what do you mean?

Well we're do you think GSK is going to get the money?

Not going to take it out the CEO bonus are they ?

As for vaccines?
Yes there are side effects.

But you have to balance the risk of 1 in 100,000 of major side effects to the risk of 1 in 20 or worse of being crippled or death from the thing your vaccinating against.
Some vaccines are pretty much a waste of time and not worth the risk, IE swine flu vaccine or the HPV. Others like the meningitis or measels vital.
Take vaccines on a case by case basis.dont just catogarise them all as bad or all as good.
edit on 14-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Are we talking Tamiflu?

Tamiflu

Because if we are then any doctor that gave Tamiflu to young children should be struck off!!

The effects of taking Tamiflu are as bad as getting swine flu itself...... and clearly in a small group very damaging with long term health effects.

The advantage of using Tamiflu was that you control when you get sick, and so for key workers that need to be operational this was a good call to cover them.... but for the public this was a terrible thing to do.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

thoughts? opinions? this is just another example of vaccines ruining lifes, if i ever have kids they wont be getting any shots.

I hope those who developed narcolepsy after having the vaccine are fully compensated as it must be dreadful for them.

The people who developed narcolepsy after getting the actual virus the vaccine was for won't be so fortunate though.

Basically, those who had a genetic predisposition to developing narcolepsy would have got it either with the vaccine or with the flu.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Dang I barely even got to check out what the thread was talking about before you got here promoting your studies!

It is so reassuring to know that there has never been any kind of complication, that the groups that have chosen to vaccinate! have experienced . Nothing but safe lifelong protection from disease! The stranger increase in auto-immune disorders affecting so many of us is nothing, All I will ssy is do your own research!

Thank god for solid science that the ncbi.nlm are able to promote! reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amMonday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity
Are we talking Tamiflu?

Tamiflu

Because if we are then any doctor that gave Tamiflu to young children should be struck off!!

The effects of taking Tamiflu are as bad as getting swine flu itself...... and clearly in a small group very damaging with long term health effects.

The advantage of using Tamiflu was that you control when you get sick, and so for key workers that need to be operational this was a good call to cover them.... but for the public this was a terrible thing to do.

Can you elaborate please, I'm interested. I've taken it before, but am wondering if it's safe to take again in the future.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Dang I barely even got to check out what the thread was talking about before you got here promoting your studies!

It is so reassuring to know that there has never been any kind of complication within the vaccination of the population!

Thank god for solid science that the ncbi.nlm are able to promote!

Do you know what NCBI is?

Would it be better if I linked it from it's original publication rather than the NCBI index?
Would that help?
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Or is the science itself you're frightened of?
You know, the same science which correlated the link between the vaccine and narcolepsy which is now showing you what happens anyway?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Don't worry, we're still on the first page, more than enough time for you to soapbox your dangerous, ignorant and anti-scientific beliefs about vaccines.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Don't worry, we're still on the first page, more than enough time for you to soapbox your dangerous, ignorant and anti-scientific beliefs about vaccines.

No need kids these days are healthier than they ever!

Our scientific communities have done a masterful job guaranteeing our collective safety and security! I mean really why would we even check the food our children eat!

I mean really what kind of lunatic would ever question the doctors and scientists who guarantee that we understand the consequences of our actions to the tee. Obviously using chemicals like we do is only leading to our advantage!

Nothing else, do not even dare ask about potential harm!

Praise be to the gods of science!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amMonday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It is so reassuring to know that there has never been any kind of complication within the vaccination of the population!

Thank god for solid science that the ncbi.nlm are able to promote!

Do you know what NCBI is?

Would it be better if I linked it from it's original publication rather than the NCBI index?
Would that help?
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Or is the science itself you're frightened of?
You know, the same science which correlated the link between the vaccine and narcolepsy which is now showing you what happens anyway?

Wow!

Thank you for your link!

I see the NCBI in the same light as a website called quackwatch!

It is much like an often cited "science" based medicine which to me accurately represent Science being guided and controlled by those who seek to profit off of the application of corrupt science like we see.

Do I fear science? No.

Do I fear science based off of profit margins? Absolutely!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amMonday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

this is just another example of vaccines ruining lifes, if i ever have kids they wont be getting any shots, if vaccines were truly safe the vaccine court wouldnt be paying out so much.

Ahh and here's the crux of the matter, all vaccines are bad because one type of vaccine, given to 60 million people, made 1 out of 16,000 ill.

While you see this as more fodder for the anti vax agenda, what it actually shows is that when something goes wrong, there are procedures in place to compensate the victims.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
sure...

Tamiflu

The Cochrane Collaboration is an independent network of health professionals who sift through scientific evidence to determine the safety and effectiveness of various treatments. On April 9, 2014, Cochrane researchers published a report in the BMJ on Tamiflu and another NA inhibitor called Relenza (zanamivir). The Cochrane Collaboration concluded:

“Compared with a placebo, taking Tamiflu led to a quicker alleviation of influenza-like symptoms of just half a day (from 7 days to 6.3 days) in adults, but the effect in children was more uncertain. There was no evidence of a reduction in hospitalisations or serious influenza complications; confirmed pneumonia, bronchitis, sinusitis or ear infection in either adults or children. Tamiflu also increased the risk of nausea and vomiting in adults by around 4 percent and in children by 5 percent. There was a reported increased risk of psychiatric events of around 1 percent when Tamiflu was used to prevent influenza.”

Tamiflu (oseltamivir) Side Effects:

Digestive upset (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain)
Headache
Nosebleeds
Psychiatric symptoms (hallucinations, abnormal behavior, self harm)
Skin Reactions (any rash or allergic reaction must be reported immediately as it could become very serious)

Tamiflu - Doctors Outrage

Back in 2006, Dr. Tom Jefferson had issued an analysis concluding that the drug was effective.

But when another physician later pointed out that 8 of the 10 studies he had relied on were still unpublished, Jefferson decided to seek out the raw data -- only to find he was unable to do so.

His concern turned to outrage when two employees of a communications company admitted that they had been paid to ghostwrite some of the studies, with explicit instructions to come to the "correct" conclusion regarding Tamiflu's effectiveness.

Channel 4 - Tamiflu concerns

I came down with "suspected swine flu" last Wednesday, so had my wife collect some tamiflu for me. After three tablets I had broken out in dreadful red spots, initially on my palms and feet, but they spread. Eventually saw a doctor who diagnosed erythema multiforme, I therefore worry why we're prescribing it so willy nilly. - Andrew

Three weeks ago, I got a virus infection, which appears to have been swine flu. I assessed myself online as we are asked not to see our GPs and was prescribed tamiflu. I took it for five days and on the sixth or seventh days I was vomiting. I believe tamiflu didn't help me as I got worse as the days passed. I am on my third week since I first had the virus infection and I am now taking amoxicillin for a chest infection. - Maria

I had a patient who's liver function went off after taking Tamiflu, it really is not without side effects and as a pharmacist I am concerned about it's widespread use in patients without other medical conditions with little evidence to support this practice. - A clinical respiratory pharmacist

I was prescribed Tamiflu when I returned home from holiday with what I believed to be swine flu. I realise it could have been the placebo effect but I felt that the antiviral helped to expedite my recovery as I was only ill for about three days. - Paula

I am in my third week of illness following what appears to started with swine flu but my experience is that noone has been remotely interested in whether I had or have had H1N1 or not. My horrible symptoms ticked virtually all the list ed swine flu symptoms. But the NHS website questionaire said Tamiflu was not appropriate so I soldiered on with paracetemol and fluids.

Following the NHS advice I contacted my surgery when I failed to improve "after five or six days". The surgery nurse phoned me back, ran through the same website questionaire and said I "may have had swine flu" but it was to late to offer Tamiflu and anyway it didn't really work any quicker than nature. "Some people may take ten to fourteen days to recover."

My wife also met virtually every criterion for swine flu but since she improved more rapidily no one even knew she was or might be a swine flu statistic. I do not beleive in the efficacy of Tamiflu. It seems to have been widely accepted that the drug scarcely shortens recovery time and can have unpleasant side effects. We were not offered Tamiflu. But as far as the NHS know, we didn't have even swine flu at all. - Mike

My doctor has advised that if I get symptoms, go to bed and stay there until I get better.
Which beats panicking about Tamiflu. - John

I have lodged a complaint with Roche due to my Tamiflu adverse reaction. I was in intensive care due to Tamiflu. I did not have swine flu. - Yola

There are many resources around if you want to search.
edit on 14-3-2016 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

edit on 14-3-2016 by theboarman because: mistake

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

its not just one vaccine, i relise this is a u.k topic but one vaccine would'nt get the u.s courts to give 3.3 billion, who knows how much governments of the world has given in compensation and for what vaccine .

Total compensation paid over the life of the program is approximately $3.3 billion.

www.hrsa.gov...
edit on 14-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

You should post the full text...

How many petitions have been awarded compensation?

According to the CDC, from 2006 to 2014 over 2.5 billion doses of covered vaccines were distributed in the U.S. For petitions filed in this time period, 3,389 petitions were adjudicated by the Court, and of those 2,146 were compensated. This means for every 1 million doses of vaccine that were distributed, 1 individual was compensated.

Since 1988, over 16,794 petitions have been filed with the VICP. Over that 27 year time period, 14,441 petitions have been adjudicated, with 4,526 of those determined to be compensable, while 9,915 were dismissed. Total compensation paid over the life of the program is approximately $3.3 billion

Emphasis mine.

1 person compensated per million vaccines.

So scary.

edit on 14/3/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

theres that herd mentality where the herd should be protected and the damage to the individual doesnt matter because its for the end goal.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I looked up the UK population to make a tasteless joke.

64 MILLION? There's no way that's right. The UK fits inside Texas 2x.

No way the UK is that overpopulated.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join