It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roast "tptb" Thread> Funny Stories Where "tptb" Are Caught In The Act Of Being Human After Al

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hello all, and thank you for taking the time to read my post. I feel like poking some fun at "tptb". More specifically, people that are in positions of power. Lawyers, judges, police officers, teachers, managers, etc..

What drives me nuts about a lot (not all) of these people, is their flat out arrogance. How does their ego fit through the doors? One may never know. I hate how they talk too. Using words like one, in things like one may never know. Like the words or how they phrase them, make them smarter or something. "The only way people will know how smart I am, is if I use big words. So I better do that". Seems to be their mentality. Always talking with a condescending tone, as if you couldn't possibly know anything about anything. On and On and On.

So here is a chance for us commoners to vent a little bit, at these know nothing dimwits. What did I just say? Here, let me back it up with examples.

1) True fact. After my daughter took her IQ test, the psychologist that had administered the test. Said that my daughter was smarter than her. My daughter, was 11 when she took the test. So yes, it is possible for us to be smarter than you, even when we are kids!

2) Had to go to court. Judge takes lunch recess before my case. Get back 5 minutes 'til court time, and sit down. Judge starts court back up in a minute or two, with condemning me for being late to court, and how dare I disrespect the court in that manner, yada, yada, yada.

When he was done, he asked for a response. So I told him, that it was because of where he was sitting. He didn't like that response very much. So he asked for clarification. So I explained, that it was due to where the clock was located toward the middle/back of the court on the side wall, and where his chair was, at the front of the court.

So from his angle, his perception was that the second hand appeared to be past the hour hand, when in fact it was not. It was about 2 minutes until the top of the hour. He actually got up out of his chair all mad at me, and walked toward the back of the court room. Looking at the clock to verify what I was saying. Guess who was right, and who was wrong?

Hey "ptb", loose the know it all attitude. You ain't always right, and to be honest, a lot of times you guys and gals seem like complete bafoons. Sorry, but it's true. How is it possible for people to have that much education, yet be dumb as rocks?

So if you have some fun stories about how "ptb" in your life appeared like complete bafoons. Please add it here. Let's give 'em the roast that they deserve, with our educated words. I think they can handle that right?

Peace,
TomSawyer

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TomSawyer

I live in an area that has elected a progressive city council, mayor, and county executive. In their quest to be as forward thinking as possible, they have enacted the following:

1. To combat traffic congestion in the downtown corridor, they took out a carpool lane(narrowing travel to 1 lane in each direction) and made it into a bike lane. They percentage of bicyclists vs. carpoolers is single digit at best, and this move makes no sense.
2. The homeless population has exploded, and RVs parked for days on end in front of homeowners have resulted in increases of drug trafficking, property crimes, and muggings/assaults. TPTB solution--instruct LE to maintain a hands-off approach to violators, and warn citizens to remain vigilant for crime but remain in their homes if they feel threatened. Really?
3. In an effort to combat "gun violence", impose a ridiculous tax on gun sales and ammo within city limits and use those taxes for ads against said "gun crime". Resulting reality--all 3 gun shops in the city limits moved before the law went into effect, and many businesses will quit selling ammo. 0% of proposed taxes collected will equal $0, and the city lost the tax revenue these businesses supplied.

The smug, pat-myself-on-the-back because we so enlightened, and know whats best for everyone has left a sour taste in my mouth. While I applaud their sincerity in wanting to make things better, how they perceive and problem solve is not grounded in reality. Did I mention the stench of arrogance? Rant mode off.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TomSawyer

What did the judge say?

join