It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Band leader raises conspiracy theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is very surprising, to me at least, as I have never heard anyone with voice, even if it's that of a band I've never heard of, speak about such things. Of course a pretty small amount of celebs have voiced their opinions about alleged government false flags in the past, but as far as drills for shootings, etc, this is a first.

New York (AFP) - The frontman of the band whose concert turned into a terrorist bloodbath in Paris has suggested the attack was an inside job, saying he was suspicious of the club's security guards.

Hughes, the singer and guitarist of Eagles of Death Metal, said he immediately felt uneasy when setting up for the November 13 show as a guard in charge of the backstage area at the Bataclan club did not make eye contact. "I didn't like him at all. And so I immediately went to the promoter and said, 'Who's that guy? I want to put another dude on,'" Hughes said in an interview broadcast late Wednesday with Fox Business. "He goes, 'Well, some of the other guards aren't here yet.' And eventually I found out that six or so wouldn't show up at all," Hughes said. "Out of respect for the police still investigating, I won't make a definite statement, but I'll say it seems rather obvious that they had a reason not to show up."

news.yahoo.com...

The place that held the event has since made statements that the singer is clearly traumatized and that this is why he has come to such a conclusion.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

Hmmm. Kinda like those guys who didn't show up for work or "luckily" had a doctor's appointment the morning of 9/11.

I wouldn't dismiss this guy's instincts so quickly.

Good on him for speaking up.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
However, he later redacted his comment and apologized.

“I humbly beg forgiveness from the people of France, the staff and security of the Bataclan, my fans, family, friends and anyone else hurt or offended by the absurd accusations I made,” said Jesse Hughes, singer and guitarist of Eagles of Death Metal.

Source

He may have had something here, but wrongly said, sure. Now I guess any questions, more, against the official story will be moot.
If anything, if a false flag, etc., isn't wasn't down the the staff but likely the higher ups who may have known or as one would say "let it" happen.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Or he was threatened and made to reverse himself.

In the OP article he doesn't sound like he's mincing words.

Such an abrupt 180 is suspicious imo.

I'd say he still thinks inside job, but has been silenced.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Or he was threatened and made to reverse himself.

In the OP article he doesn't sound like he's mincing words.

Such an abrupt 180 is suspicious imo.

I'd say he still thinks inside job, but has been silenced.

He very well could have been silenced even if not the media will follow through that what he said was fully uncalled for.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
guarantee ya he had a visit.....a reply to: Urantia1111

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
guarantee ya he had a visit.....a reply to: Urantia1111

Guaranteed ? Will you refund my time spent if not ? How long is my guarantee good for ?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03Friend, this was brought up and discussed here on ATS a while ago and then his retraction was posted later on and discussed. But if you want to go on digging into this matter and positing more and deeper conspiracies about it, don't let me stop you.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Opps.. my bad, thanks for letting me know lol

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

no prob.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So, my SOP when these things come up is to immediately check these people out on Wikipedia. I know nothing about this man or his band but a cursory glance at his Wikipedia page reveals that he grew up in Palm Desert, California. If you follow that link, you will see that two of the top five employers there are security companies. Some very fishy connections. Check it out.

EDIT - For those of you who don't already use this technique, let me just say that it tends to get right to the nitty gritty if you find a person you're suspicious about to go to Wikipedia and immediately look at where they were born and raised and what kind of environment it was.
edit on 14-3-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

“I humbly beg forgiveness from the people of France, the staff and security of the Bataclan, my fans, family, friends and anyone else hurt or offended by the absurd accusations I made,” said Jesse Hughes, singer and guitarist of Eagles of Death Metal.

Source

He may have had something here, but wrongly said, sure. Now I guess any questions, more, against the official story will be moot.
If anything, if a false flag, etc., isn't wasn't down the the staff but likely the higher ups who may have known or as one would say "let it" happen.

What? No. You don't go from, "gut instinct" and "something weird happened that day when regular security wasn't there, and I asked someone about it specifically" to "whoops, I was totally out of line and nothing bad happened, Im so sorry I embarrassed my family."

Maybe someone threatened his family?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Source

What? No. You don't go from, "gut instinct" and "something weird happened that day when regular security wasn't there, and I asked someone about it specifically" to "whoops, I was totally out of line and nothing bad happened, Im so sorry I embarrassed my family."

Maybe someone threatened his family?

Maybe he became very paranoid after running off stage when shooting broke out at a concert he and the rest of his band were performing and dozens died? Maybe in the shock after the event he started to over analyse while looking to make sense of a horrific event.

The upshot he didn't know a particular guard, after the event he thought the guy wasn't meeting his eye and so he put two and two together and came up with a weird figure. It's hardly unknown behaviour after a tragic event.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Add in the fact that one of their crew was killed and they've had the same crew on the road with them for years on top of witnessing a horrific attack on people who came to see his band perform and it definitely puts ones mind in a whacked out spot.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This is what he is really trying to say
I humbly implore you, your warning has been heeded, my fans, family, friends will be hurt by the absurd accusations I made,

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is what he is really trying to say
I humbly implore you, your warning has been heeded, my fans, family, friends will be hurt by the absurd accusations I made,

Yeah, right. The closest he has actually got to being threatened is the very real risk of being sued for appearing to accuse some of the security staff of colluding with terrorists.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DimensionalChange03
This is very surprising, to me at least, as I have never heard anyone with voice, even if it's that of a band I've never heard of, speak about such things. Of course a pretty small amount of celebs have voiced their opinions about alleged government false flags in the past, but as far as drills for shootings, etc, this is a first.

Celebrities are people too, and people can sometimes speak about conspiracy theories.

I'd be more surprised if a certain percentage of celebrities (being people) didn't have some ideas about conspiracy theories, and speak their minds about them.

edit on 3/15/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I'd be more surprised if a certain percentage of celebrities (being people) didn't have some ideas about conspiracy theories, and speak their minds about them.

I'd be more surprised if they did. You think about it. It's just human nature. If you're a celebrity and you start the conspiracy talk you're going to be more known for that than anything else. That is going to give anything you're associated with the "nutjob" taint. It might give you a boost of publicity in the short term but long term, I can't think of any celebrity who talked candidly about conspiracies who wasn't either a minor celebrity or who didn't pretty much fade into near obscurity after the fact. Many of them (Charlie Sheen, for example) were already on a downward trajectory, so they probably figured they didn't have much to lose.

Major celebrities? It depends on who it would be but if a highly respected celebrity was to start some serious conspiracy talk, I'd be surprised if their career didn't immediately tank. Regardless of whether or not the conspiracy being discussed is real, it apparently makes a lot of big names very uncomfortable to be associated with it.

Now if you're a major celebrity and it's all you've got, would you really say anything you couldn't prove?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

the problem is - that is his second ` volte face `

he innitially praised the french authorities and the bataclan staff vowing ` to return `

then he went full retard on his conspiracy rant [ attention seeking ? ]

now having felt the backlash [ that will affect his bands marketability ] he appologies

if i gave a crap - i would be asking :

what does he really think .

but TBH i am more inclided to wonder :

does he think ?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

That's why I said "some" celebrities.

Sure, most celebrities are careful not to tarnish their image by saying something unpopular or "out there". However, there are celebrities who (just like some normal people) don't consider the repercussions of speaking their mind, and (just like some normal people) speaking their minds includes sounding off of conspiracy theories.

My point was that celebrities are just like normal people when it comes to having ideas about conspiracy theories; being a celebrity doesn't make them any less susceptible to having ideas about conspiracy theories than non-celebrities. Your point is valid that some of those celebrities who have these ideas might decide to "hold their tongues" in order to not call attention to the conspiracy theories ideas they may hold, but then again, there will always be celebrities who don't care about the need to hold their tongues regarding their conspiracy ideas.

So just because a conspiracy theory is held by a celebrity, that fact alone doesn't add credence to that conspiracy theory.

edit on 3/17/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join