It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-6B Doomsday Plane is using “Trump” as radio callsign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is really interesting: at 18.15 GMT an E-6B Mercury (TACAMO – “TAke Charge And Move Out”) that appear to have departed from Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, is flying at 29,000 feet over central U.S.

Based on the information gathered by Planefinder.net via ADS-B, the aircraft is serialled 162784 and it is flying more or less southbound over Arkansas, after crossing the airspaces over Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.

And, most interesting, it’s using a somehow unusual callsign: Trump.

theaviationist.com...
edit on 3/13/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Edited title for correction.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

While it is amusing, Trump has been used as a callsign since at least 2009. It's normally used by F-16s out of Shaw AFB, and Trump Card is used by E-8Cs out of Warner Robins AFB.

Normally, the Mercury uses Caddy, Icehouse, Iron Man, Razz, Ruff (pilot training flights), or Shadow depending on the unit, but callsigns rotate sometimes.

edit on 3/13/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/13/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

While it is amusing, Trump has been used as a callsign since at least 2009. It's normally used by F-16s out of Shaw AFB, and Trump Card is used by E-8Cs out of Warner Robins AFB.

Some airport in Florida I believe it is had all their glideslope points named after trump.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Self-fulfilling prophecy?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Simply a case of reusing a callsign. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Some airport in Florida I believe it is had all their glideslope points named after trump.

All of them?
Wouldn't that be confusing?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Isnt "trump" a word tho? Like when playing cards the trump card is the 'boss' card? It "trumps" all other cards.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

No. It's a name.

Of course, it's not actually the Donald's family name. That's Drumpf.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

All of them?

No, they were all trump references.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Interesting.

Got anything more than, "I read somewhere, once?"

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Isnt "trump" a word tho? Like when playing cards the trump card is the 'boss' card? It "trumps" all other cards.

Yep, you are quite right Trump is a word, means to better the opponents playing cards, and is also common expression for farting in some parts of the UK.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

and is also common expression for farting in some parts of the UK.

In that application, it would be an onomatopoeia.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

No. It's a name.

Of course, it's not actually the Donald's family name. That's Drumpf.

Oh I didnt see anything in the post that specified it was referring to Trump the name as opposed to trump the word. The word trump emplies boss so it would make sense.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

and is also common expression for farting in some parts of the UK.

In that application, it would be an onomatopoeia.

Correct, to add in the English, (although in the original meaning from some old Latin or Greek fart who liked to make words slightly different) To give forth a trumpet-like sound; spec. to break wind audibly (slang or vulgar)
To add, Though I do see the Uk Anglofile dilemma of what to call Donald should he be the next President of the US...the old fart!
edit on 13-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yes it's derived from triumph the English translation of an Italian card game called trionfi. As it pertains to cards in general it is a card or suit elevated above its usual equal status.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Shoot, I've been assigned callsigns like "Daisy" and "Violet" when being assigned callsigns by the AF weenie is Riyadh.

Here in the states, they have some guidance, although it's not really "mandatory."
monitoringtimes.com...

I used the callsign "Lethal" as an instructor, which was a nice easy one to say over and over to ATC. As a Tomcat pilot, we were "Dog" which is also easy. Some of them are a pain. "Clubleaf" "Yellowblood"

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

Trout 99 for the CSAF.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There is no such thing as a glideslope point. It is possible that somewhere there is a TRUMP airway intersection since intersections are sometimes named with whimsical words. For instance, the Standard Terminal Arrival procedure from the north to Orlando, near Disney World, has intersections named BUGGZ, BUNIE, GOOFY, GRNCH, and DAFIE. Near Nashville you get GUITR, CHESNE, HEHAW, PSLY, RYYMN, and SWFFT.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

All of them?

i investigated a Boeing 757 crash near Cali Columbia that was caused, at least in part, by duplicate names for navigation aids, in that case 2 beacons named ROZO.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A EU generated wheather tornado phenomenon, just wrecked a couple of foomsday planes in offut AFB, Nebraska!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join