It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cooking with Sargeras and drag0nlady

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Tonight.
I cut onions and garlic and fried it with tofu.
When I felt the flavors were blended in enough I added lean ground chicken and some frozen oriental veggies.
The veggies were lots of different beans and broccoli.
I let all the flavors blend together as much as I can in 20 minutes and boom.....healthy food.
I added ground peppercorn and some celery salt to add flavor.

edit on 13-3-2016 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Drag0nlady

Welcome to ats.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Tonight.
I cut onions and garlic and fried it with tofu.
When I felt the flavors were blended in enough I added lean ground chicken and some frozen oriental veggies.
The veggies were lots of different beans and broccoli.
I let all the flavors blend together as much as I can in 20 minutes and boom.....healthy food.
I added ground peppercorn and some celery salt to add flavor.

I am not a huge tofu fan, but that does sound delicious!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
In winter i love to cook oxtail stew,my family prefers it done without the red wine.Also lamb+chicken curries,i use cheaper meat cuts to make oven casseroles with taters+veggies,seafood chowder,delicious sticky pumpkin fritters with cinnamon sugar etc.Winter is my season for making the most hearty delicious foods because summer is untenable for much cooking here because of the humidity and heat.

In summer we mostly live on chicken and steakburgers,pasta salads,quick chinese stirfries and sometimes bbq outside.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Welcome to ats.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hmmm, when we do meatloaf, we don't do sausage, but we do make ours with a mixture of ground beef and pork.

2lbs lean ground beef, 1 lb ground pork
1/2 c Manwich
2 eggs, lightly beaten
8 oz mushrooms, chopped (we end with mushrooms in most things)
1 tbsp Worcestershire
1 md, onion chopped
1 pck (8oz) shredded Cheddar
2/3 c bread crumbs
salt and pepper
BACON!!

This makes a bacon topped meatloaf.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 14-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Tofu has it's uses. I like it in stir fries, but the best way to eat it I've found is marinate it and then fry it so it's crispy on the outside. It absorbs flavors readily.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
After getting breakfast together for myself and youngin', I have another quickie to add:

For a quick and easy breakfast roll,

Take a package of croissant dough, unroll your triangles and load them with fresh berries (blue, black, rasp, straw, whatever), put a drizzle of honey over the top and roll up your croissants and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes at 350.

You can also add in a smear of cream cheese if you want.

You can use thinly sliced fruit (apple, pear, peach) tossed with cinnamon and sugar in place of the berries and honey.

Make your rolls on Sunday and keep them cold. You then can reheat them quickly all week at breakfast time.

You can also do peanut butter and jelly and brie and jam, but we've just been making the fruit versions to go with my son's breakfast all school year long.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
After getting breakfast together for myself and youngin', I have another quickie to add:

For a quick and easy breakfast roll,

Take a package of croissant dough, unroll your triangles and load them with fresh berries (blue, black, rasp, straw, whatever), put a drizzle of honey over the top and roll up your croissants and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes at 350.

You can also add in a smear of cream cheese if you want.

You can use thinly sliced fruit (apple, pear, peach) tossed with cinnamon and sugar in place of the berries and honey.

Make your rolls on Sunday and keep them cold. You then can reheat them quickly all week at breakfast time.

You can also do peanut butter and jelly and brie and jam, but we've just been making the fruit versions to go with my son's breakfast all school year long.

That sounds very good. We will have to try it soon.
Thank you

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Mmm, if I remember right, the PB&J needs to cook a little longer. You could likely use any nut butter you want, too.

We've also wrapped browned breakfast sausages into his croissants with a smear of cream cheese for a sort of pigs in a blanket approach.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your peanut butter and jelly recipe reminds me of a guilty pleasure of ours.
Grilled PB & J.
We don't indulge much anymore but, when the kids were small...they thought it
was a decadent lunch. I suppose it was!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Check your messages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join