It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old people playing new computer games. GTA5 Funny and interesting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It may be my age as I am too old to play these games but young enough to remember how cool they were.

This is a bunch of senior citizens getting shown GTA5 and possibly the idea of console gaming for the firrst time and I found it classic.

The reactions are priceless to me at least....

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It wasn't really a game, well I guess it was, but when my girls got guitar hero...
I couldn't wait to come home from work and crank out some jams...

Not to brag but...the concerts were sell outs...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Bunch of psychos "I shot some people hahahahahah", running down some pedestrian "get out of my side way hahahahaha"

Goddamnit after shanking a random woman "I never hit a woman before in my life, and I like it HAAHAHAHAHAHA"
This old people are not pc

So funny
edit on 13-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Bunch of psychos "I shot some people hahahahahah", running down some pedestrian "get out of my side way hahahahaha"

Goddamnit after shanking a random woman "I never hit a woman before in my life, and I like it HAAHAHAHAHAHA"
This old people are not pc

So funny

I think the people in this are the same as anyone else.

They start of with great intentions and before you know it grandma is going "pew pew pew, screw you asshole where are the hookers at!!"

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I liked the woman that said you cannot do fun things anymore now with DNA and all, or something like that when the cops arrived, Freudian slip?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I couldn't even pretend to play that game...much to violent. This is sooo wrong. Just my opinion

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I couldn't even pretend to play that game...much to violent. This is sooo wrong. Just my opinion

I think that is the point of the vids.

It shows that anyone can get into a role and "play"

I enjoyed the way they chuckled whilst shooting people or punching random folks in the head...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is amazing!
They're so excited! "I'll never give up! You'll never take me alive!"

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Does anybody really believe these videos are not scripted? This is not how a normal person would behave. Most people that age don't know how terrible games like this really are or there would be more people questioning if these games have something to do with mass shootings.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

When I was in collage decades ago we played a card game called bull#. In this game the object was to lay cards face down in a pile while claiming they were this or that card. To combine telling the truth and lying about your cards. Like lairs dice.

The other part of the game was to catch other players in a lie, at which point you would call bull# and expose their cards to prove if they were lying or not. Sometimes we would play this game so much that after a session, we would go about our normal lives but the brain contexts would remain for times. So that if some one would say I gotta go to the bathroom, your mind would question it and agree or call out bull#.

This actually got to the point that even driving soon after a game became a game. Someone would put on a blinker and you would doubt he was telling the truth and a stop light would change to red in front of you and you would call bull# and almost drive through it.

This is the truth. This actually happened to us as an effect of this simple card game.

So now we have these engrossing video games with ultra violent premises. There is no on in the world who can convince me that the brains of people playing them are capable of comletely divorcing themselves from the effects of these games.

Sure, these elders had fun, but they also expressed some serious concerns about the effects of these games. I think that even them as mature adults could sense the lines between reality and fantasy dissolving in themselves and were to some degree horrified.

Now take a young child who is allowed to play these kinds of games day in and day out for years with out the maturity to make that distinction between fantasy and reality.
Apparently enough of our society are already deluded enough to think that these games have no bearing on the mentality of those who play them. They are only games.

To which I say bull#.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
It may be my age as I am too old to play these games but young enough to remember how cool they were.

This is a bunch of senior citizens getting shown GTA5 and possibly the idea of console gaming for the firrst time and I found it classic.

The reactions are priceless to me at least....

Lmao thank you for this.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Oh come on! One is never too old to play games!

I turn 50 later this year, and I'm still doing it!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Does anybody really believe these videos are not scripted? This is not how a normal person would behave. Most people that age don't know how terrible games like this really are or there would be more people questioning if these games have something to do with mass shootings.

They're not scripted. yes, this is how you can behave. Most people that age? That's funny. I'm 67 and a veteran of SWTOR, among others. My kill count is in 6 digits. And you know what? No one was hurt by my playing that game and my AR-15 is safely locked away and will never hurt anyone.

Well, unless zombies, of course.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

They're not scripted. yes, this is how you can behave. Most people that age? That's funny. I'm 67 and a veteran of SWTOR, among others. My kill count is in 6 digits. And you know what? No one was hurt by my playing that game and my AR-15 is safely locked away and will never hurt anyone.

You're not 8 years old. Realistically, there are kids playing these games. Kids even younger than 8.

I have 2 nieces and a nephew. I know how impressionable young kids are. These games are fine for most adults. Young kids shouldn't be playing them at all.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Not saying they are not scripted. But they sound a lot like me.I fit the category somewhat .The only exception ? I have been playin PC games (not Politically Correct...:lol
since 1978 .

This is not how a normal person would behave.

You a psychologist ? Got a shingle to prove it ?

This is not how a normal person would behave. Most people that age don't know how terrible games like this really are

Really ? Have you ever played one ? Because I probably have 300 or so behind me.

there would be more people questioning if these games have something to do with mass shootings

Hmm , current thinking is turning moreso to the theory that it gives people a venue to release hostilities (actually , that theory was developed with Doom)

Next

edit on 9201631090320169 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Nursing homes are using the Wii. Where the lounge and halls used to be full of catatonic elderly, the Wii has become an invigorating influence. Making their own leagues, and finding an outlet for their repressed competitiveness, the patients are improving on all metrics.

Video games allow us to get in touch with our foul mouthed 13 year old selves.

Grandma Shirley plays Skyrim.
Saved the best for last. Just love hearing her talk. "I'm just here for the loot."

Mike Grouchy

edit on 13-3-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Well, I usually miss the point...that said you do have a point how someone can change so drastically with these games. So how bout some kids who's minds are forming. I know off topic but...these violent games serve a purpose for the vulnerable.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

You're not 8 years old. Realistically, there are kids playing these games. Kids even younger than 8.

I have 2 nieces and a nephew. I know how impressionable young kids are. These games are fine for most adults. Young kids shouldn't be playing them at all.

Ha! Ha! Ha! You're funny! They develop hand/eye coordination that puts you to shame. You have nieces and nephews that are the age of my grandchildren.

Thanks for playing. Ready Player One.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I'm 67 and a veteran of SWTOR

Star fer ya

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
How bout this fact I just ran across?
That playing FPS (First Person Shooters) and others can help prevent Alzheimer's disease . And help those that have.

Computer “Games” Provide Mental Edge in People with Alzheimer’s

Computer Games Can Reverse Mental Decline: UCLA Study
edit on 122016311203201612 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join