It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are being offended by compliments more and more, plus some.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I don't know anyone who gets offended by compliments. Maybe people are becoming more intolerant of people who focus their attentions on physical attributes and engage in social niceties with ego massaging. Maybe they see through the compliments. Who cares if hair is long short or gone? It's not the first thing to comment on. Maybe that's why the girl rolled her eyes. Because shes fed up of people only noticing her hair.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i think the energy behind the comment is really important.

i LOVE getting complimented by other women it just lights up my day
i think because women can tend to be catty toward other women so its a nice change

with men i have enjoyed getting compliments however it depends on how they go about it. i am very into energy and its almost like when a man comments in an overly assertive manner the whole energy in the space changes.

the woman is like prey and the comment has undertones that say "you are submissive and will give your attention to me. you will obey me.

think of a male lion and a female lion. if the male lion comes up and growls in her face asserting his dominance she will meet him with hostility back.

personally im not into that maybe some other women are but when people come into my space i prefer they more or less politely come into my space and earn my approval

does that make sense?
edit on 10-4-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

Yeah I think I getchu.

When a woman compliments me... it really makes my week, or month, or year, lol! I'm still hugging this one compliment I got from a woman like a month or more ago.

But when a man compliments me.. yeah it all depends. Generally as long as I don't get a big creep vibe, it'll make my day or month or year, depending on who it is. lol.

Sometimes when I deal with customers I feel overcome with this feeling of familiarity and I think to myself, "omg they're just like me." I don't know why or how I come to that conclusion, but it's literally like I'm looking at or meeting myself for the very first time- it's really bizarre because I generally don't even know their names or anything about them. And sometimes they don't come over to my counter, but we have eye-contact?

Maybe their bodies are mimicking my body language? Idk. Sometimes I intentionally mimic a customers body language, too. I think that's interesting enough to note and maybe I'm just getting a dose of my own medicine? I always feel really extra shy when this meeting-myself-in-another-body happens, like I'm not sure how to proceed... but maybe I should just love them, and in a way it'd be like loving myself. lol.

Sometimes people are just straight up creeps though. Not even in an aggressive male way, but in the straight up creepy and hostile way, with a smile on their face and an unwavering stare that says, "I know all about you and I want to kill you in a deep web snuff film on the internet." And you don't know who they are... but you just gotta smile back and nod and pretend like everything's cool even though everything inside of you is screaming "danger, danger! caution, caution! run, run, run!"

Well anyway. Yep.

Ty for sharing!
edit on 10-4-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join