It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State: Man With Concealed Carry Permit Stops Hatchet Attack at 7-Eleven

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

That will get you locked up. You always shoot to stop the threat. Never shoot to kill or shoot to wound. If your reasoning to the police is anything other than to stop the threat, you're going to open yourself up to a world of trouble after the DA looks at the evidence.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Waiting for leftists to say his right to rob a convenience store was infringed upon, or the axe wielders safe space was violated.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

That will get you locked up. You always shoot to stop the threat. Never shoot to kill or shoot to wound. If your reasoning to the police is anything other than to stop the threat, you're going to open yourself up to a world of trouble after the DA looks at the evidence.

This is what you say. "I was afraid the clerk was going to be killed." Robbery is already a defendable offense though. (From a captain in the San Antonio police)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: infolurker

The very reason I have my carry permit.

I pray quite often that I'll never have to use it, but one day I might. Because there are very dangerous people out there that I'm getting a bit too old to handle CQB. I don't heal as quick as I used to.

I've had a permit in the same State as listed in the OP for the past 25 years. It has saved me from potential harm on 2 occasions, both thwarted muggings, both using a knife. After the first incident, I upped my situational awareness and used more public paths. I also put in range time, and take ongoing educational classes and know the laws. I would not practice concealed carry while being a liability to myself and others.

You share a position with many in the hope of never having to clear leather to protect yourself, but it's better than groveling on your knees in the hopes of mercy...

Once in Wa state I was securing a trailer at storage and they closed at 9PM. It was 12 after when 3 Burien cops rolled in on me, cuffed me, took my gun, then wanted me to open my unit. I explained I was late because I measured what I was storing to the inch and the last items would not fit in the thing because the 20 foot length was only 19' 7" and I had to reconfigure I did not want to pull out unsecured. then the cop the guy who cuffed me gave my gun to gave it back to him and said "Nice gun. You should come down to the range sometime".

The other cop said he was going to unload my gun and set it in the vehicle on passenger side. He then attempted to get the cylinder out, but I had lost the locking bolt pin and had a small through bolt and nut holding the locking bolt so you could not remove the cylinder. I loaded and unloaded at the extractor. As I tried to explain this, (it was dark too by the way) he couldn't figure it out and the other cop tried to intervene but he was rejected.

Finally, he put it in vehicle loaded and told me to follow them out. I hopped in the vehicle and couldn't find my gun right away. He had placed it in the rear passenger door panel pouch so it took me a few minutes. They were at the other end gate waiting and had to repunch code 3 times.

The 3rd cop was just back up and never said a thing, but did roll out with lights on blocking the main drag giving me an out undeterred by traffic.

My point is, the one cop handling my gun didn't know what he was doing. Maybe he could take in a reply like yours and apply these courses, etc. into his own daily knowledge. I always thought they all knew how to handle an assortment of weapons and a revolver is pretty old school tech.

And not to sound too biased, but what I like about another weapon ,P220, is there is a hammer safety and no trigger safety. This is the best configuration to avoid accidental discharge of a weapon. There is no excuse like " i thought the safety was on" or similar. It is self evident. Drop it and the hammer will not hit the firing pin, yet pull the trigger and it fires; every time.. No excuses.
End unbiased opinion.

Regarding this incident, I've been in that store before. I'm glad the outcome was not about the criminal's bloody hatchet.

It is a sorry state of affairs when people resort to or feel driven to act with such insanity. I pray for the citizen who stopped this hatchet man; that his involvement haunts him not. And for the clerk, witnesses as well as the deceased soul, if present.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Dude...Seriously?
Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?

Oh, you did NOT just...
SERIOUSLY?

Dude...
SSEERRIIOOUUSSLLY??

Wow...
I just...Did you?...I mean...I...just....can't........don't.......see.....wouldn't...ummmm......Did you....?!...Can't....stop....channeling....Izzy........Uhhh...Dude!?
SERIOUSLY????

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation
a reply to: DAVID64

If I go to prison then so be it, I guess, but my morals prohibit me from killing someone regardless of how in fear of my life I am. If it were just me, I would probably let the person kill me rather than kill them, as sad as that is to say. But if it is a room full of people being threatened and shot at, and I can stop it, I would shoot to disable so that the person cannot kill others. And if I am in prison for that so be it.

Then they are free to continue their attack, kill you, take your gun, and use your gun to kill others. If you can not take a life, do not get a gun.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

Then my advice would be not to carry. In the heat of the moment, you will not be able to hit an attacker with a disabling shot. The "shoot'em in the leg" scenario just doesn't work. People who have been wounded multiple times have been known to keep going for minutes, allowing them time to continue shooting. I have 45+ years of experience with firearms and consider my self an excellent marksman, but I wouldn't bet someone's life on me being able to make that shot. And that's what you're betting. In a room full of people, you're going to hit that one person in the arm or leg. And if you miss.....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Eh, situational. How often Will you be shooting across a room full of people ? More likely scenario, someone is breaking into your home. Shotgun to the leg works fine!

edit on 15-3-2016 by pexx421 because: Autocorrect

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

I am not sure what you mean?

I speculate that this was some mentally ill person blindly angry at Middle-Easterners and looking to behead the clerk.

Thus the masked attacker never asked for money..never spoke a word and went right for the clerk swinging with a hatchet.

Post 9-11 many Middle-Easterners were and still are attacked.....And many Convenience store clerks, cab drivers and various innocent people of Indian or middle eastern descent shot, stabbed etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation
This is exactly the reason I am thinking of purchasing a gun. I want to practice and learn to be able to hit only the intended target, hopefully just to disable (in my case). I'm a student and like to imagine that if I do this, and there is ever an attack, I would be able to help save lives. There is so much evil in the world, and cops take time to get to the scene; what if that man hadn't been there? The attacker may been able to flee and hurt others elsewhere, in addition to killing or maiming the people inside the store, before the cops could even get there. Very sad that people like this exist, but as mentioned above, an armed populace is a real solution to violent crime and attacks like this. Good people who can stop these things from happening. Though it is sad this is the case, that there are those among us who would harm another person.

There is no such thing as shooting to disable. Either you shoot them with the intent of them being neutralized as a threat or don't have a weapon. This tired ohh but shoot them in leg thing is just plain stupid. You train to fire for center mass for a couple of simple reasons, 1. larger target area = better chance of hitting and stopping them 2. legs move a lot and femoral artery is a problem. In most cases it is preferred that the human bullet sponge lives to stand trial BUT if push comes to shove who would you rather have in a pine box, them or you?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Warning shots can get you killed, also, ammo cost money. If I draw my weapon my intent is to end the threat. There will be no warning shot, I will aim center mass and double tap.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
People we need hatchet control, and mandatory waiting periods, and federal background checks, and paying $200 tax stamps on them.

And then to make them 'quiet' they need to wait an additional 4 to 6 months!

This is outta control!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I am pro-concealed carry and pro-gun control.

We know.

All Muslims aren't terrorists, but ALL gun owners are.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
The best defense against crime is an armed populace.

LOL

You may as well say, "The best way to stop rape, is to say yes!"

Both statements are equally stupid.

Having said this. I support Americans having guns. Having all the guns they want ..

But this only because of the ONE good reason why Americans should have guns!

Their Government!

Their 'Corporate' Government has sold out the people. They are disgusting! And sooner or later America is going to have to liberate itself from their own Government.

The Government knows this, that's why they are trying to TAKE their guns.

America needs to hold on to their guns. LOTS OF THEM!

Because they are going to need them to stop THE REAL CRIMINALS!
edit on 16-3-2016 by IamSandSHEisB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I never said I would shoot them in the arm or leg lol I would shoot anything but those, what I meant is that it would not be my intention to kill them, only to stop them. Though I wouldn't stop shooting until they were actually down and done. If they do manage to get themselves killed, I won't be shedding any tears.
edit on 16-3-2016 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IamSandSHEisB

I think many people would agree that the best way to stop rape is also an armed populace. Or should we just castrate all men, which would be my gun control comparison.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join