It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State: Man With Concealed Carry Permit Stops Hatchet Attack at 7-Eleven

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Glad you're gone, hatchet guy. Please don't let the door hit you on the way out
edit on 13-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

If you're not willing to use a firearm to it's full potential, I would advise carrying pepper spray instead. It will be more effective in the way you plan to use it.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: RoadCourse

Seriously?

If it's not on national news it didn't happen?

So that fender bender that happened a couple of blocks down the street a couple of days ago, which barely warranted a mention in the paper today, didn't happen?

Oh cmon' fellas.....
It was sarcasm.

Shame on me,
Or shame on yall,
for not getn it?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustAnObservation
a reply to: DAVID64

If I go to prison then so be it, I guess, but my morals prohibit me from killing someone regardless of how in fear of my life I am. If it were just me, I would probably let the person kill me rather than kill them, as sad as that is to say. But if it is a room full of people being threatened and shot at, and I can stop it, I would shoot to disable so that the person cannot kill others. And if I am in prison for that so be it.

You do realize that Its OK to kill a person attacking you and still hold onto you rmorals right? Its not your fault if they die while atacking you. they bring that on themselves. ALso Your e not going to hell fo r defending yourself or another.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I don't blame others for feeling that way, and if someone else were to do so I think that is entirely their choice and up to them - if their life is being threatened, I absolutely believe in their full right to defend themselves, no matter what.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

I don't blame others for feeling that way, and if someone else were to do so I think that is entirely their choice and up to them - if their life is being threatened, I absolutely believe in their full right to defend themselves, no matter what.

Then IF someone attacks you one day stop them. your moral stance will be ok. is it moral to be killed?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I too pray I never have to utilize a firearm EVER, but I am also a lot less quick, resilient, flexible, etc. as I used to be, and that is more likely to be a more viable defense option these days. I do not wish to remain helpless....especially when help is often 10 - 20 minutes away.

I hope you all keep safe and smart about doing so. No ammo for the detractors that way.

I applaud the individual who helped save the clerk, but I am willing to bet it is something that will always be in their mind too. There is probably not any glory in doing something right that ends someone else's life, but it would weigh heavier if the innocent person died while nothing was done, I think.

.a reply to: seagull

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Shame on me. Mea Culpa.

I was hoping it was, if that counts? My bad, and my apologies.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ronjer

Truth, that.

I have horrific enough nightmares, I really don't want to add to the list.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'll be interested in the rest of the story...like who was this masked hatched swinging man? Why?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Now what we do down here in Texas is shoot the dirt out from under their feet.....I know....most are unencumbered by the thought process.....center mass if ya have less than half a second......trying to spread the word....thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I carry everyday, everywhere Im allowed by my concealed carry license. And I hope I never have to use it. But, I would not hesitate to do so.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on 1320160320161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I'll be interested in the rest of the story...like who was this masked hatched swinging man? Why?

I told them to use heavier chains this time on Jason but they didnt listen. Oh sure use th eone ton chains.. theres no way hes gonna break those. Syeah.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Indigo5

I told them to use heavier chains this time on Jason but they didnt listen. Oh sure use th eone ton chains.. theres no way hes gonna break those. Syeah.

So...as I suspected after looking at the video...
q13fox.com...#

The clerk that was attacked by the masked hatchet wielding man is Middle-Eastern.

I suspect this was some nut-job fired up about ISIS and looking to dole out some undeserved payback on a random middle-eastern person. The 7-11 offered the most "convenient" target, with the attacker knowing his target would be there.

The attacker also never said anything...didn't demand money or anything, just went right for the attack.

He was likely looking to emulate a beheading.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I carry everyday, everywhere Im allowed by my concealed carry license. And I hope I never have to use it. But, I would not hesitate to do so.

I am pro-concealed carry and pro-gun control. I have no problem with well trained, cautious, intelligent gun owners (like I like to believe I am) carrying in public...but I do think irresponsible idiots carrying in public are a threat to the public and themselves...example from last week..

Mom Shot by 4-Year-Old Apparent Gun Rights Advocate
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If I go to prison then so be it, I guess, but my morals prohibit me from killing someone regardless of how in fear of my life I am. If it were just me, I would probably let the person kill me rather than kill them, as sad as that is to say. But if it is a room full of people being threatened and shot at, and I can stop it, I would shoot to disable so that the person cannot kill others. And if I am in prison for that so be it.

You do realize that Its OK to kill a person attacking you and still hold onto you rmorals right? Its not your fault if they die while atacking you. they bring that on themselves. ALso Your e not going to hell fo r defending yourself or another.

No, disagree.

First off, Pro-Gun all the way and I'm glad this is getting coverage and attention, however, no on the killing.

If you put time in the range and you know where you're hitting it and the guy is armed with a hatchet not another pistol, I would aim to wound and disable instead of killing.

This is why I dislike the Castle Doctrine so much and most people living in Mid-West anyhow. According to that law/logic, if a 15 year old youngster, who really might just be stupid/hungry/desperate, breaks into your home you can end his/her life. That's just so wrong on many levels. You can very well shoot a warning shot to the floor or walls and scare them away, but what I noticed is that a lot of gun advocates are blood thirsty. Seemingly always want to play the Judge/Jury/Executioner all at once..

Really, although I'm Pro-Gun, I'm against Castle Doctrine and as well as the current condition of the Brady Bill Loophole that seemingly, no one addresses and no one want to discuss.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84

No, disagree.

First off, Pro-Gun all the way and I'm glad this is getting coverage and attention, however, no on the killing.

If you put time in the range and you know where you're hitting it and the guy is armed with a hatchet not another pistol, I would aim to wound and disable instead of killing.

I am Pro Gun-Control and a gun owner..

I think the shooter made the right call. Mostly because I watched the video interview with the shop owner and he got a glancing slice across the belly. That means the attacker was well within striking range had already taken one swing....The distance and time for gambling on a wounding shot had passed.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Indigo5 , I believe you have summed it up best. Distance and time being the deciding factor was a good call. Its a sorrowful thing that society has devolved to such conditions.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Indigo5 , I believe you have summed it up best. Distance and time being the deciding factor was a good call. Its a sorrowful thing that society has devolved to such conditions.

I used to say "same as it ever was"...but honestly the world feels a little like a star wars movie with the ominous, mystical theme of "dark forces rising"....The world feels like a shadow is passing over it. Lot's of mental illness and hate...and some of it on a massive communal scale like ISIS....and some of it simply the neighbor next door. It's not just the "others"..it the natives too.

Like Kipling says..."If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"..

Stay thoughtful, stay safe and maybe with a little faith these times will pass before they get worse.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join